• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v England - 05/08/23 5:30 KO

The truth is you.offered nothing to our defence and you couldn't take the quickness of the Welsh attack that's why we crossed the line twice and should of been 3 with zammit try

Is the prem as good a breeding ground for international thay we think it is?
We'll never know if they don't get a crack tbf

Saracens players not looking the same at international level doesn't surprise me tbh, they're a well oiled machine and work as XV man unit, saw the same with Alex Goode, so I can excuse Malins a bit (wouldn't pick him again though)
Joe C does well at club level but the game has evolved past big man run straight. Duhan is limited but he's very fast and looks like he's got the hands of Beauden Barrett next to Joe C

Where the **** were you during the game so that we had some entertainment? I almost Candymanned VC back into existence in my desperation.

OHC, Radwan and Roebuck all been in camp and then dropped over the last year too
Malins been class for Saracens, fair play to him, but all of those have been in great club form and offer more than Joe C on paper and on the pitch

While I'm a massive Freeman fan I think Radwan is the biggest omission - we've one of the slowest backlines in the top tier, possibly the slowest. Arundell the only player with genuine gas (Watson's lost the true top end to injury) but I would trust him as little as Joe C
Radwan could be a genuine game changer
This is the scariest thing to me. We are so so slow and I do put some of that blame at Stewards feet...

Worst game I've seen in a long time.

Well done, Wales.

Why is englands attack so slow when we were just setting up a standard forward pod?

Lineouts we're atrocious considering the time in camp and it's borthwicks speciality apparently.

I don't think you can read too much into these warm up games to be honest but having said that we've known for a while that England and Wales are pretty much as bad as each other so it's not any real shock result to be honest. England are poor, the slight surprise is that we've been dog **** but now look half decent (emphasis on the half) so I guess that's the L England have to take, making us look like a low end tier 1 nation.

Morgan, outstanding. Wainwright really good as well. Scrum was a bit of a mixed bag but thought Domachowski was great overall especially in the loose. Was hoping for a bit more from Tshiunza but I wouldn't be playing him there anyway and Ludlum was Englands best player so was a tough test for him. Costelow very good, we should be binning off Anscombe imo and let Costelow be Biggars understudy, he definitely needs to up his **** housery game which Biggar can obviously help with. Still giving away possession car to cheaply in wrong areas but Gatland so just have to live with it.

I can't recall England making that many handling errors, don't know what it was but the good thing about that is that it can be cut out and, it was a mix mash team in a friendly so wouldn't be overally concerned. I thought England were generally poor at the breakdown in slowing down our ball and stuff but it's early days but I won't lie I like the way England are looking but expect them to significantly improve.

I don't think you can read too much into these warm up games to be honest but having said that we've known for a while that England and Wales are pretty much as bad as each other so it's not any real shock result to be honest. England are poor, the slight surprise is that we've been dog **** but now look half decent (emphasis on the half) so I guess that's the L England have to take, making us look like a low end tier 1 nation.

Morgan, outstanding. Wainwright really good as well. Scrum was a bit of a mixed bag but thought Domachowski was great overall especially in the loose. Was hoping for a bit more from Tshiunza but I wouldn't be playing him there anyway and Ludlum was Englands best player so was a tough test for him. Costelow very good, we should be binning off Anscombe imo and let Costelow be Biggars understudy, he definitely needs to up his **** housery game which Biggar can obviously help with. Still giving away possession car to cheaply in wrong areas but Gatland so just have to live with it.

I can't recall England making that many handling errors, don't know what it was but the good thing about that is that it can be cut out and, it was a mix mash team in a friendly so wouldn't be overally concerned. I thought England were generally poor at the breakdown in slowing down our ball and stuff but it's early days but I won't lie I like the way England are looking but expect them to significantly improve.
England made like 16 handling errors. Was shockingly bad.

Stats ain't everything. Every game is unique and your eyes tell a story far more than stats do , I saw us physically dominant in areas today I didn't expect. Gatland has made strides from the 6 nations that was evident today

Latest posts