• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Italy

you can never write off the Scots hunger in a Calcutta Cup match especially at Murrayfield. [/b]
I think this year you can. The Scots are in trouble, serious trouble.

Surely the responsible thing for Ireland and France to do is just let Wales win the next two games so that England don't steal the championship? That's what matters, surely? :p [/b]
Good point, I'll be sure to inform the public at large.

how about Wales roll over in Croker and we'll finish the job at Twickenham, that has a better ring to it.

how about Wales roll over in Croker and we'll finish the job at Twickenham, that has a better ring to it. [/b]

Or maybe this would be better

gethinjenkins.jpg

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tX2FR8t-vM

Wahay, hell of a day of rugby, got back a bit agup after 12 gours f drinking. Will tuy and commenr onn each match.

Thought Waled were pretty, good, ur still allott to improv om. Welsh croed were f***int wankers theiugh, booinh the Italien cicers etc,. Think we cam on;y get beuuet theoiuy wit more confidence"

Scotald lloked slighty better, shold onf taken more camces, Ired look scary though, gonna be torugh going to croke,

france werte swuicidal todau, they hardy cicked to clear oressure, gave away 2 tr4iede, fair pay england lookd their ond poewrrfull selveds.

toi dumn up,m had a hell of a dfau, 2pn - 2am, excellent night, especilu witgh wa;EELS WIMMING, YEAHHK!

Wahay, hell of a day of rugby, got back a bit agup after 12 gours f drinking. Will tuy and commenr onn each match.

Thought Waled were pretty, good, ur still allott to improv om. Welsh croed were f***int wankers theiugh, booinh the Italien cicers etc,. Think we cam on;y get beuuet theoiuy wit more confidence"

Scotald lloked slighty better, shold onf taken more camces, Ired look scary though, gonna be torugh going to croke,

france werte swuicidal todau, they hardy cicked to clear oressure, gave away 2 tr4iede, fair pay england lookd their ond poewrrfull selveds.

toi dumn up,m had a hell of a dfau, 2pn - 2am, excellent night, especilu witgh wa;EELS WIMMING, YEAHHK! [/b]
Sorry, tried Google translator on this but still don't understand it. It's not Welsh, so I'm guessing you're from ... Moldova?

toi dumn up,m had a hell of a dfau, 2pn - 2am, excellent night, especilu witgh wa;EELS WIMMING, YEAHHK! [/b]

Ah, yeah, ummmmm, I wasn't that drunk.......... really :blink: .

Crongatulations Wales, too easy match 4 u.
Italians were very scared to play against u. We have so much skills problems and too lapse in concentration.

The match was over when Masi and Sgarbi did what they did to let Shanklin score the winning try (1st min of the 2nd half !!!!).

Mallet is mentally confused and i belive is not the right man for us.

Dear welsh friends, would you teach our backs how to catch a ball and score a try??? Please.

<div class='quotemain'> I'm still waiting for Henson to take shots at goal. :rahh: [/b]
Why? We haven't missed a kick at goal all tournament!
[/b][/quote]
That sorta supports my arguement. He could take the easy shots can't he? :mellow:

I don't see Gatland or Edwards viewing the long range Honson shots at goal in the same way previous coaches did. They are not 'shots for nothing', they do matter if they are missed imo. The other option is kicking to touch and having a lineout in the opposition 22. Isn't this a better option (unless it's the latter stages of a tight game), especially with Wales' cutting edge in the backs.

I know if Hens misses, the opposition has to take a 22 drop out and we will proberly regain the ball, but that often ends up being back on our own 10m line, as most teams kick it long from a drop out. This does not equall a shot for nothing, we've lost 30-40m and a chance to tie in the forewards in a linout.

Anyway, rant over...

You don't see Henson kicking out of hand anymore either.

It was a good game, could of been better if I wasn't working this weekend though.

It is always nice to see us finishing games so strongly. In the past we have been too far behind, then we start playing well.

He kicked out of hand twice sat. Sure he hasn't been kicking due to the injuries he's had to his groin etc. Must put mighty pressure on his body when properly hoofs the ball.

What would be others Welsh team v Ireland? Mine would be:

01 Duncan Jones
02 Huw Bennett
03 Adam Jones
04 Alun-Wyn Jones
05 Ian Evans
06 Jonathan Thomas
07 Martyn Williams
08 Ryan Jones

09 Mike Phillips
10 Stephen Jones
11 Shane Williams
12 Gavin Henson
13 Tom Shanklin
14 Mark Jones
15 Lee Burne

I'll explain a couple of decisions. Went for Duncan over Gethin, I'd replace Adam with Geth 2nd half. Rees had a poor day at the linout, so Bennett back in. Thought Ian Evans had a good game, was more prominent than Gough, and Alun-Wyn is a shoe in if fit. Peel has a poor display (probably somewhat due to having a knock), Phillips looked good when he came on. Stephen Jones v Hook was tough, but I'd save Hook for the second half, to rip em to shreds lol. Mark Jones v Jamie Robert was another tough call, not much between them, but Jones put in a few big hits which just tipped it.

Time for Gatlan to pick the strongest Welsh XV!
  1. Gethin Jenkins
  2. Huw Bennett
  3. Adam Jones
  4. Alun Wyn Jones
  5. Ian Evans
  6. John Thomas
  7. Martyn Williams
  8. Ryan Jones
  9. Mike Phillips (Purley because Peel has got a knock)
  10. Stephen Jones
  11. Shane Williams
  12. Gavin Henson
  13. Tom Shanklin
  14. Jaime Roberts
  15. Lee Byrne
16. Duncan Jones
17. Matthew Rees`
18. Ian Gough
19. Gareth Delve
20. Dwayne Peel
21. Stephen Jones
22. Mark Jones

He has to leave Jones at 10, and I'd stick with Jones at 14, but maybe think about Jones at 8 as an impact sub. Seriously. Not just having fun with the names.

Latest posts