• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs England - 16/03/2013

Yep, one post out of how many posters?
All arrogant buggers.

I hereby decree all Welsh are arrogant, cocky and terrible winners. I'm 100% correct cause I saw a knobhead on twitter bleating on about something or other.

Awesome, awesome Wales!
England mullered from first minute!....totally embarrassed.

Ahaha, that's too much!

Another few of things I forgot.

1. I tried the Wales-England drinking game suggested in the earlier pages. Safe to say the majority of my swigs came from Phillips being a flanker and Ashton's incompetence.
2. If Halfpenny's not the starting Lions 15, I'll......do something ridiculous.
3. Williams isn't much of a commentator is he...
4. Re the issue at 8. Hopefully Morgan or Vunipola will morph into Picamoles and there'll be no issue.

Anyway, time to try and forget this game now...

Last edited:
And that friend, is a prime example of why English supporters are thought of as arrogant. Our only ambition i Six Nations supremacy. Apparently England are better, because they aspire to better things. So we're god enough to put 30 points on England, but not good enough to get further than them on the world stage?

Can you at least quote who you're 'talking' to, otherwise noone has a clue what your on about

Edit: I use the word 'talking' generously, since you apparently became a member of the forum simply to make that comment..

Last edited:
What the **** are you so happy about?

Ouch ! Hurt someone's feelings there, sorry mate !

Yes I am quite a bit ecstatic over what happened in Millennium motherfkn Stadium tonight, I must confess.

I think he was making a point regarding Wales' record against the southern hemisphere teams, despite their consistent success in the 6N.
Which is a perfectly valid point, arrogantly made.

I think he was making a point regarding Wales' record against the southern hemisphere teams, despite their consistent success in the 6N.
Which is a perfectly valid point, arrogantly made.

It was a valid point, but made in such a douchbag kind of way.

If this Welsh team doesn't go on to beat all three of the 3N teams in the future, I will be massively disappointed. The class is there, it's a mindset thing, but wins like this one today will help in that regard.

I think there's more to come from Wales as well, because some of the criticism's of Wales beforehand still stand, mainly that the balance in the backline is still not great.

I think there's more to come from Wales as well, because some of the criticism's of Wales beforehand still stand, mainly that the balance in the backline is still not great.

I don't think there is tbh, I think they can improve massively on their tournament performance. But today's is not something they can re-create consistently, it was obviously a massive effort to play at that intensity and I would be surprised if any team could reproduce that for anything more than one-off games.

For the summer, anyone want to scrap the England backline and just play Gloucester's?

9. Robson
10. Burns
11. JSD
12. Twelvetrees
13. Trinder
14. May
15. Morgan

Kind of tongue-in-cheek/not serious, but kind of not...

Ouch ! Hurt someone's feelings there, sorry mate !

Yes I am quite a bit ecstatic over what happened in Millennium motherfkn Stadium tonight, I must confess.

Well be 'ecstatic somewhere else - 'mate'

15. Ben Foden
14. Chris Ashton
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Billy Twelvetres
11. David Strettle
10. Freddie Burns
9. Ben Youngs

I would like to see something like that.

I don't think there is tbh, I think they can improve massively on their tournament performance. But today's is not something they can re-create consistently, it was obviously a massive effort to play at that intensity and I would be surprised if any team could reproduce that for anything more than one-off games.

I agree there to some extent. I think that kind of forward performance is difficult to re-produce, but other than taking our chances we still didn't set the world on fire in attack.

When I talk about balance I mean someone like Henson or Beck coming in at 12 (leaving Roberts and Davies to fight it our for the 13 shirt), and Eli Walker onto the wing to add something different to North and Cuthbert. North and Cuthbert were great today, with Cuthbert taking his opportunities this game, but they are still very similar. Maybe Walker won't step-up, but if he does, he offers something a little different.

I also think that we'd be even more dangerous with a proper scrum half. Phillips had a stormer today, but a genuinely classy scrum-half like an on-form Peel would have been so much more of a threat with ball in hand behind a forward display that was so dominant, and that would have possibly resulted in more try's. Maybe we haven't got that player available yet, but Lloyd Williams after a dip in form is a classy 9, and there are a few at the Scarlets who could offer that traditional 9 game. Rhodri Williams has been superb for the U20's, that's the kind of player I'd like to see, but he needs to perform at regional level first.

I know I should just be happy with what was a very, very good performance by every single Welsh player, but I can still see areas to improve, and players available that could potentially do that.

Well be 'ecstatic somewhere else - 'mate'

Will you please calm down. He's done nothing wrong, so stop telling him what to do and where. I know you are upset with the result, but try not to take it out on others.

Last edited:
15. Mike Brown
14. Christian Wade
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Billy Twelvetres
11. Johnny May
10. Freddie Burns
9. Joe Simpson

Kyle Eastmond as a utility back replacement.

Looks pretty good to me.

15. Mike Brown
14. Christian Wade
13. Manu Tuilagi
12. Billy Twelvetres
11. Johnny May
10. Freddie Burns
9. Joe Simpson

Kyle Eastmond as a utility back replacement.

Looks pretty good to me.

I would actually poo myself with excitement if that happened.

I've never seen a fullback (Goode) have so much ball and do so little with it.

We were just about in it in the 52nd minute, despite Walsh ensuring that we couldn't win a scrum or ruck, then Youngs being a complete cock turned to Walsh and held his hands up (for a penalty he should have got) instead of following the number 1 rugby rule of DROP ON A LOSE BALL! What can you do?

I think Barritt is fine Manu is the one that should be dropped, would far prefer a 12 who can distribute. We need a decent wing as well! Manu goes missing far too much. Ashtons lack of defensive skill cost us again.

We need far more composure as well.

THis 6 nations has to be the one of playing players out of position. When will coaches learn...

Wales had all the experience and made it count. More nauce would have meant our hard players targeting Adam Jones from the starting whistle. We will learn.

Out team for this fixture in 2012 being better says it all tbh.

Last edited:
Wales have won the most desirable trophy in world rugby: the TRF International Shield!

We should do a TRF spoon, hand it out also to the RWC champion in 2015 and they pass if off to whoever they beat...I'd be interested to see how far down the IRB rankings the Spoon would get in the cycle.

Wales played better on the day was a fantastic game (for me at least), however the groundwork (by that I mean defensive work) based on the 6 nations as a whole is there for England the future will be good for them.

Last edited:
Well played Wales, the intensity throughout the game was amazing.

After 2 poor performances a hammering was bound to happen to this English side. Looking forward to the summer tour, with the hope of some form wingers being given a shot. Can't be any worse than what Ashton has offered all tournament. Brown to fullback until Foden regains form. Would love to see any of May, Biggs, Wade and even Varndell given a chance to make a dent. As much as i can't fault Barritt's commitment, it would be hard not to select Twelvetrees to come in at 12 to provide some sort of attack.

Assuming Farrell, Tuilagi, Robshaw, Cole and Wood all go on the Lions tour, i'd like to see a summer team of

1. Vunipola
2. Youngs
3. Wilson
4. Launchbury
5. Parling
6. Haskell
7. Armitage please
8. Morgan
9. Care
10. Burns
11. Biggs
12. Twelvetrees
13. Erm... Trinder? Lowe? Hopper? Eastmond?
14. May
15. Brown/Foden

16. Hartley
17. Marler
18. ?
19. Lawes
20. Vunipola
21. Youngs
22. Flood
23. Wade

Last edited:
Can you at least quote who you're 'talking' to, otherwise noone has a clue what your on about

Edit: I use the word 'talking' generously, since you apparently became a member of the forum simply to make that comment..

Well, excuse me for not including the OP's comments, but hey, if the cap fits, wear it with pride, along with your 3 points.

I may have been being a little too emotional about it, but watching Alun wyn Jones, Halfpenny and half the Welsh team watery eyed blasting the Welsh Anthem nearly made me tear up. In hindsight, it just sort of summarised the way Wales played throughout the game. Just incredible for a Welsh fan to watch

Latest posts