• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Just booked my Endgame tickets for 23:35 on the Wednesday

Don't trust myself not to fall asleep in the midnight showing (if my body needs sleep I sleep... there's just no stopping it). So will try and book for the Thursday, early afternoon I think.

I would do it but the nearest Imax is half an hour away and don't fancy driving at that time after working all day as well.
Booked a lunchtime showing instead

im going to be in on holiday (Sweden) when its released and Norway a couple of days later....so wont be pre booking tickets....hoping i can avoid spoilers until i get to see it

that joker trailer makes it look like a good stand alone...cant see it fitting in to a universe or even how batman would work with it...looks too...real

it is a stand alone Phoenix only did the film because it was a 1 film deal he doesn't want to do multiple films.

Hoping it leads to a few similar type films like
Harvey Dent film
Hush
Mr. Freeze

Would also love a horror Arkham film on the origins of it.

Honestly I think If DC could get there **** together they could really crave a market for themselves in post Endgame superhero movies.
Focus on what makes DC really good in the Cinema world and focus on the realistic and Gritty.

They should also do a R rated Constantine film trilogy.

Focus on what makes DC really good in the Cinema world and focus on the realistic and Gritty.

The problem is they tried that gave it to Edgelord Zack Snyder who didn't understand how to actually make it work or the characters and killed the entire "dark superhero" genre.....Joker might bring it back but I remain to be surprised. I remember how good the MoS and BvS trailers were.

Here's the Snyder that should be writing things https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Snyder just read most of his Batman books and they are brilliant.

Ralph breaks the internet

Better than I expected, tbf
Really liked the first one but wasn't convinced by the trailers for the 2nd. Pleasantly surprised

I liked MOS.

The budget being $55 million to me suggests it will have to go back to their roots as it can't afford the big money effects.

I also think Todd Phillips will do well with a more serious film.

Ralph breaks the internet

Better than I expected, tbf
Really liked the first one but wasn't convinced by the trailers for the 2nd. Pleasantly surprised
We saw it....honestly I want Disney Princess Assault Squad spin off....

it is a stand alone Phoenix only did the film because it was a 1 film deal he doesn't want to do multiple films.

Hoping it leads to a few similar type films like
Harvey Dent film
Hush
Mr. Freeze

Would also love a horror Arkham film on the origins of it.

Honestly I think If DC could get there **** together they could really crave a market for themselves in post Endgame superhero movies.

one film might work but can these villans really hold films without batman?

Star Wars trailer just dropped...."Star Wars : the rise of skywalker"

....nothing really caught me until the last 5 seconds

That final 5 seconds blew me away...

Star Wars trailer just dropped...."Star Wars : the rise of skywalker"

....nothing really caught me until the last 5 seconds

So still sour on this since the last Jedi (that affected me like flashbacks of a staunch catholic upbringing)... but this did kindle some embers of hope I guess. What in particular about the last 5 seconds blew you guys away though... the montage, the remnants of what looked like a Death Star or what sounded like the Emperors laugh?

Latest posts