• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst Commentator

one thing to Eddie's credit, he was one of very few who pronouces the French players names as they should be pronouned, and his French was not too shabby to boot.
eg Trinh-Duc becomes often Train-Duck just one of many...................

he's got a beautiful forceful deep voice, is very pro with his diction/play calling and never gets excited. And then yes I agree, he actually looked his stuff up before calling French names, and outs in the effort each time. Have to appreciate someone putting in the effort like that, he doesn't have to, the kind of ppl who watch 6N on BBC aren't exactly paying attention to his pronunciation...

Butler's a hit too pretentious and showy with his poetic style.

Would be better as a voice actor or announcer...

Butler's a hit too pretentious and showy with his poetic style.

Would be better as a voice actor or announcer...

I don't think he is. He might be self-important in actual life but as far as over the mic' he just calls the plays well. Not too much over that.

I don't think he is. He might be self-important in actual life but as far as over the mic' he just calls the plays well. Not too much over that.

in real life he is very unassuming and will talk to anyone even me in economy coming back from an international in Paris.

and me also talked several times !!!!!! Thats the great thing about rugby, very few are up there own posterrios ( like cherrios) so very few problems in that area you see the players and staff doing photos with kids and autographs all the time very seldom are they refused, obviouly never before the game!!! but as soon as its over no problems whatsoever. could show the girlie footies a thing or two.!!!!!!!!!!!

and me also talked several times !!!!!! Thats the great thing about rugby, very few are up there own posterrios ( like cherrios) so very few problems in that area you see the players and staff doing photos with kids and autographs all the time very seldom are they refused, obviouly never before the game!!! but as soon as its over no problems whatsoever. could show the girlie footies a thing or two.!!!!!!!!!!!

my God then, that man is Christ-like I say, acknowledging even the most insignificant and generally miserable individuals...what quality. Undeniably an angel amongst men...amongst boys.

B. E. you are just begining to understand with exactly whom you are rubbing shoulders with around here, class act the TOP14 Pro D2 thread firstly Tony and of course myself you are Viri Viri (he plays for us as well) privvvyledged my friend.

B. E. you are just begining to understand with exactly whom you are rubbing shoulders with around here, class act the TOP14 Pro D2 thread firstly Tony and of course myself you are Viri Viri (he plays for us as well) privvvyledged my friend.

oh, never doubted a second !..

nooooo, no...got it all wrong...the emphasis is on the "B". It's Habbbbbbbbbaanaaa. It's like, "Hab..." then he stops breathing and his cheeks start inflating with air, it keeps increasing for a few seconds, between 15 and 20 seconds, and then the huge release "BBBBBBBBBanaaaa".

Yup, you got that down to the T. Glad you know what I'm talking about. Got to love it. Hugh not the same when Habana's not playing.

Commentators usually don't work on my nerves, except when its an Ausie commentator that dissagree with a good call from the ref that is against an Ausie team. Heineken is right though. They do crack you up with their funny comments, albeit not always related to the game. Its like listening to aliens observing a game of rugby for the first time and trying to make sense of it. They highlight all the strange/funny things about rugby people that know rugby take for granted.

There will always be that one guy though: ERROL TOBIAS.

He's an Afrikaans commentator in South Africa, so you Northerners probably won't know who I'm talking about. But man, he just grinds my gears. During threatening moments, when everyone tenses up in expectation of something amazing happening, he will start with his "back in the days" stories. He sounds like a cricket commentator. Those that can lull you to sleep during boring periods in test matches.

Marshall is usual bs-y best. Overreacts to in game incident, calls for cards etc then sees replay and then changes his mind. The Matt Dawson/Austin Healy technique.

Funny how gobby 9's never lose that aspect of their game

Most hysterical commentator ever (best part 2:20)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts