• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Yellow Cards will be issued to divers and injury fakers at World Cup

This could be subjective. I think it should go to the TMO to help the ref with this in my opinion.

Good.

I'm especially pleased about the tough stance on injury fakers. If there's one thing that irks me it's magically having anywhere from 3-4-5 guys go down with injury when the pressure is on their team. Yeah, they're not injured, they're wasting time and trying to halt momentum. You should have 30 seconds at the most to decide whether you're going to continue or not. Unless you need to be carried on a stretcher, you don't need to be rolling around on the field. Same as getting something taped up. If you haven't done that in a set amount of time - not our problem. Time on.

As for diving, I love Argentina, but they are guilty for this big time. I'm not saying every other nation can hold up clean hands - I'm not naive. But there are certain countries who are worse than others, and the Argies are in this camp. If we are going to grow rugby on an international scale, particularly in South America or somewhere that football is like a religion, then they have to understand that players behave differently in our sport. The Hollywood stuff is quite sickening actually, there's just no place for it.

Good move - hope they follow through unlike the "crackdown" on scrum half feeding, they did for about 2 weeks then forgot about it

Isn't there some ridiculous guideline that states that the left shoulder of the scrum half when feeding the scrum must be in line with those of the props?
Ffs, a crooked feed is not difficult to see and should be penalised.

Isn't there some ridiculous guideline that states that the left shoulder of the scrum half when feeding the scrum must be in line with those of the props?
Ffs, a crooked feed is not difficult to see and should be penalised.
It was worse during the warm ups a lot of times I noticed the balls basically being fed to the nearside props feet.

Pretty frustrating TBH.

That Damian Traille clip is unbelievable - he's done it twice in thirty second there, that's outrageous.

I like this and TMO would be good, though I'm not a fan of the TMO most of time, especially with late tackles which I I think needs to be a rule change, where TMO's can only view late tackles in real time..

If referees were aware of "simulation" wouldn't they be taking action against it in real time already? Surely the way to deal with this is in retrospect via citing officers.