• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 British and Irish Lions

I think the discussion between who should kick out of Farrell/sexton vs halfpenny will be quelled very quickly once hogg is picked at fb . He's been the outstanding 15 so far in 6N :p (don't mind me just throwing a spanner in the works) ;)

I think the discussion between who should kick out of Farrell/sexton vs halfpenny will be quelled very quickly once hogg is picked at fb . He's been the outstanding 15 so far in 6N :p (don't mind me just throwing a spanner in the works) ;)

From this 6 Nations, I'd certainly say that imo Hogg has been the best player in general.

Hogg is good but Not Halfpenny good

From this 6 Nations, I'd certainly say that imo Hogg has been the best player in general.

Lies, damned Lies!

On a more serious note, Hogg has been impressive. I'd certainly say he's been the best attacking fullback in the 6 nations so far, but I feel that Halfpenny is still the better all round fullback, and hasn't been at all bad in his attacking play thus far.

Lies, damned Lies!

On a more serious note, Hogg has been impressive. I'd certainly say he's been the best attacking fullback in the 6 nations so far, but I feel that Halfpenny is still the better all round fullback, and hasn't been at all bad in his attacking play thus far.

Yeh joking aside I'd still say its between halfpenny and Kearney and HP is just ahead IMO

Really? I think Kearney will be lucky to make the plane at this rate.

I'd bring Hogg on tour without a doubt as the third FB ATM. The fact that he has played 13 helps his case also. Very exciting player really been excellent in the opening rounds hope he keeps it up.

Yeah, to be fair if you're going on form Hogg has been easily the best B&I fullback so far in the 6N.
No doubt in my mind that Halfpenny will be the Lions 15, but hopefully Hogg will tour.

I like Halfpenny, a lot. Very good player - however that he's a goal kicker shouldn't really edge him over any other FB, as it won't matter as much to the Lions as it does to Wales, as the 10s that are likely to tour are all accomplished kickers.
We are, however, forgetting one major thing....Halfpenny's a back and wears a scrumcap.
Not happy with that.

Here goes my guess

1. Healy :- Sheridan scrumming power from bench.
2. Best :- Hartly from Bench
3. Cole :- Jones scrumming power from bench.
4. Parling:- best lineout option.
5. AW. Jones:- Lauchury speed and power fron bench could be emergency back row if required.
6.Robshaw Cpt :- IMHO best communicator with refs and as good as anyone on current form.
7.Tuperic:- Number 1 choice for Taff's at present Gatland's input??
8.Heaslip:- Best of not a great bunch of No8's Wood to cover all spots in back row.

9. Youngs:- Care from Bench add's a faster paced game from bench.
10.Sexton:- Farrell from Bench to cover 10/12. kicking game control option if required.
11. North :- 1st choice wing
12.Roberts:- battering ram.
13.BOD:- Tuilangi power from bench can cover wing as well.
14. Ashton
15. Halfpenny:- Hogg to cover + wing O/C option.

Other's to tour ( Injury permitting) and a 35 man squad.
Jenkins.
Hibbard
Lawes
Gray
S.Armitage
Warberton
Beattie
Davies.
Twelvetrees
Cuthbert.
Visser.
Foden no need for 3rd scrum half covers wing and FB as well.

If Foden tours as SH cover I will simultaneously load my pants while laughing until I vomit.

Don't know where to put this but I guess it's relevant - Ferris has been injured again in training, could require surgery thus ending the rest of his season.

He was meant to be playing for Ulster in the coming weeks too..

He surely must be considering retiring?
How will his knees be in 10/20/30 years?

Wasn't he Heineken Cup player of the year not too long ago?

Times change maaaaaaaaaannn. Times change.

Also, until I hear otherwise, I'd assume Ferris continues to intend to return the earliest he can; and this latest one was nothing to do with his knee, but rather a setback recovering from an ankle injury.

Winners and Losers from the weekend:

Winners:
Gethin Jenkins (best game for a year)
Richie Hibbard (best game in a Wales shirt)
Adam Jones (munched Italian scrum)
Leigh Halfpenny (good under high ball, and good goal kicking)
Jim Hamilton (man of the match vs Ireland)
Ryan Grant (underrated prop)
Manu Tuilagi (won the battle between him and Bastareaud)
Chris Robshaw (good leadership, tremendous work rate)
Luke Marshall (made some nice breaks early on)
Cian Healy (missed out on that Irish mess)

Losers:
Ronan O'Gara (that kick)
Paddy Jackson (missed kicks)
Jamie Roberts (did nothing apart from drop the ball once)
Ruaridh Jackson (crap kicks with about 20 metres distance kept giving ball back to Ireland)
Rob Kearney (not at his best)
Jamie Heaslip (lacked leadership)
Chris Ashton (defence)
Courtney Lawes (missed as many tackles as he made)
Joe Marler (scrum was better when he was off)
Tom Court (didn't show his Ulster form)
Alex Cuthbert (may have scored a try, but still a complete donkey)

Last edited:

Latest posts