• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 British and Irish Lions

Reminds me of Latvian jokes:

Man is hungry. He steal bread to feed family.
Get home, find all family have gone to Siberia!
"More bread for me", man think. But bread have worm.

Two Latvian is look at clouds.
One man see potato, other see impossible dream.
Is same cloud.

@Henry: Yeah, you can always tell when school is over in Ireland based on TRF.

YODA_zpsd28bad91.jpg

Dan Lydiate, your argument is invalid.
Where was he when O'Brien tore Wales a new one...(Carried Ireland)
23 Tackles and 12 carries to the gainline and beyond.

Freak..Absolute freak.

A man mountain intent on destroying all the Wallabies hold dear. Burning murdering and pillaging his way across the bush.Nothing will stop him.

Nothing can stop him.

Lydiate stopped Ireland dead in their tracks down in NZ.
A complete machine.

Lydiate stopped Ireland dead in their tracks down in NZ.
A complete machine.

Joe Worsley tackled like a machine but it didn't make him the best 6. I think the 6,7,8 will be what ever combo works best in training which i can't really think of at the moment.

You need to make sure all areas are covered, so a back row without a big ball carrier like SOB, Morgan, Falatue won't work. Same for a link man and someone who does the work in the tight. I guess we will have to wait and see. None of these are bad backs rows at all though

6. Wood SOB Brown Lydiate
7. Tupric Robshaw Walbuton SOB
8. Morgan Falatue SOB Beattie

Ok so some combos do loook better than others but each of those is very good

Joe Worsley tackled like a machine but it didn't make him the best 6. I think the 6,7,8 will be what ever combo works best in training which i can't really think of at the moment.

You need to make sure all areas are covered, so a back row without a big ball carrier like SOB, Morgan, Falatue won't work. Same for a link man and someone who does the work in the tight. I guess we will have to wait and see. None of these are bad backs rows at all though

6. Wood SOB Brown Lydiate
7. Tupric Robshaw Walbuton SOB
8. Morgan Falatue SOB Beattie

Ok so some combos do loook better than others but each of those is very good

Stop trying to get this tread back on track

Aye but worsley couldn't carry for **** really.

Sob had the most carries that day , also poached plenty of ball via either poach tackle or ground work

Is Faletau considered a big carrying 8?
I always had him down as being in the Heaslip type number 8, rather than the Morgan etc.

I always had him down as being in the Heaslip type number 8, rather than the Morgan etc.

Faletau's carrying stats are bloody impressive. Even last season his carrying stats were excellent, and many thought he was having a quiet season. Question marks remain about his vision and handling though.

Joe Worsley tackled like a machine but it didn't make him the best 6.

Lydiate at his best is a different to Worsley. Similar player, but better.

No. You're right here Olly. His ball carrying is a little overrated, best strengths are his fitness and ability to not fade in the match, tackling technique and lineout work . Also handy at the breakdown as well.

Although I'm a fan of Faletau, I feel he is not nearly enough of a leader in comparison to an ex-lion/national captain like Heaslip. That said, if Robshaw has the captaincy then it'll ease the leadership responsibility of the no. 8 position.

Also, I think people forget this but Faletau is f***ing rapid!

See, I've never thought of Faletau as a ball carrier. For me, he is a tackling 8. Our backrow (Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau) aren't there for massive gains ball in hand, but defence.

When you've got a backrow playing 9 it frees you up a bit :lol:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

When you've got a backrow playing 9 it frees you up a bit :lol:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

I ****ing love Mike Phillips.
The facts that everybody else hates him just makes that even stronger. He could probably play anywhere on the field and still manage to **** off most of the oppo. I'd love a few Phillips clones, he played inside centre for a bit against the Boks for the Lions in the second test, and against the All Blacks in 2010 when Knoyle came on.

Latest posts