• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2013 British and Irish Lions

Gatland will take 4/5 centers, but will probably use two of Roberts, Tuilagi and BOD in the tests.

The fact that the B&I teams have produced only one more center in the last 4 years that is in line for a test place is kind of upsetting. (Although if Farrell gets his way, Barritt may be a contender at 12.)

If BOD doesn't impress enough to make the side, I worry about a Roberts-Tuilagi partnership. They'll f*** s*** up in the middle, but our wingers won't have much to do. (In which case, Croft on the wing?)
Roberts can play fullback as well.

Roberts hasn't started at outside back since end of 2011 season when he was on the wing v Turks.

428593_491506610904685_1944112326_n.jpg

Rumours over here that the squad is made up of 15 Welsh, 12 Irish, 7 English and 4 Scots.

Robshaw misses out, French based Irish and Welsh players make it yet French based English and Scottish ( and more deserving some could easily argue ) do not.

Where's the fosters and cork hat? ;)

Rumours over here that the squad is made up of 15 Welsh, 12 Irish, 7 English and 4 Scots.

Robshaw misses out, French based Irish and Welsh players make it yet French based English and Scottish ( and more deserving some could easily argue ) do not.

Can't think of any Frech based Irish players, also french based welsh players I can think off would be Hook, Philips, Jenkins who aren't really in contention for the Top 14 final day. Whereas English French based players such as Wilko are very likely to be involved.

Squad make up seems about right though a few more irish then I expected after the 6N but club performances have been good.

The day is here and after months if not years of speculation the squad is announced to the delight of some and to the dismay of others. Buts at the end of the day and through the mist of reaction, four nations unite as one. Enemies become friends, jeaslousy becomes admiration and hope becomes destiny!

If Jenkins makes it and Wilkinson doesn't expect all us arrogant Englishmen to go crazy...

Does anyone know if the announcement will be streamed anywhere?

Those squad numbers have been repeated a lot, this is the only article I've found which goes into detail - http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/29/british-irish-lions-five-issues

Hookers: Best, Hibbard, Youngs.
Props: Healy, Jones, Jenkins, Cole, Vunipola, Grant
Locks: O'Connell, AW Jones, Parling, Evans, Gray
Backrowers: Warburton, O'Brien, Faletau, Lydiate, Croft, Tipuric, Heaslip
Scrum-halves: Phillips, Murray, Laidlaw
Fly-halves: Sexton, Farrell
Centres: Roberts, O'Driscoll, Davies, Tuilagi, Barrit
Wingers: North, Cuthbert, Zebo, Maitland, Bowe
Fullbacks: Halfpenny, Kearney, Hogg.

Welsh: 15;
Irish: 12;
English: 7;
Scots: 4;

Couldn't thin of a France-based Irish player... Those are the Paddy Power frontrunners, and kind of fits the rumors.

If Jenkins makes it and Wilkinson doesn't expect all us arrogant Englishmen to go crazy...

Does anyone know if the announcement will be streamed anywhere?
Difference being that Wilkinson is not playing for England.

Last edited:
Hoooeeeeee, let's get this show on the road!

Where's it being shown?

Slightly disappointed really. Wanted some mad left-field choices. Guess we got that with Stevens.

Full-backs: Leigh Halfpenny, Stuart Hogg, Rob Kearney
Wings: Tommy Bowe, Sean Maitland, George North, Alex Cuthbert
Centres: Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Brian O'Driscoll, Manu Tuilagi
Fly-halves: Owen Farrell, Jonathan Sexton
Scrum-halves: Mike Phillips, Ben Youngs, Conor Murray
Props: Cian Healy, Adam Jones, Dan Cole, Matt Stevens, Mako Vunipola, Gethin Jenkins
Hookers: Dylan Hartley, Richard Hibbard, Tom Youngs
Locks: Alun Wyn Jones, Paul O'Connell, Geoff Parling, Richie Gray, Ian Evans
Back row: Toby Faletau, Jamie Heaslip, Dan Lydiate, Sean O'Brien, Justin Tipuric, Tom Croft, Sam Warburton

Warburton is captain.

Well that was surpsiring...

England now have no hookers to take on the Argentina tour.

Maitland is a bit of a surprise.

Only two 10s and no real cover from another back?

Tom Croft? I'm a big fan of his bit I got the feeling he wasn't in line for this.

No Christian Wade.

As said above, Matt Stevens...

Gethin Jenkins and no Wilkinson? So much for no French based players who may be in the Top 14 Final...

Latest posts