• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 6 Nations: Ireland vs Italy (Round 4)

Well as I said it doesn't have to be Zebo but Ireland desperately need speed

Speed on its own is not enough. He clearly has an issue with zebo's all round game, which is his pregotive. I wish people would just accept that (i don't mean you mm), the over reaction in some quarters to losing to England has been totally over the top.

Ireland were impressive against Wales in the scrum, but with no bad faith meant I feel Adam Jones was having an off day there. Up to Ireland to show and prove myself or others who think that are wrong because I don't think they've been quite properly tested in the scrum just yet. But they look good. They've got Italy and France left. Let's see what they can manage against Castro and de Marchi and co.

Last edited:
Speed on its own is not enough. He clearly has an issue with zebo's all round game, which is his pregotive. I wish people would just accept that (i don't mean you mm), the over reaction in some quarters to losing to England has been totally over the top.

While I agree you need a more all round game I think issue is Zebo has show he has the other aspects but is simply just not rated by Schmidt now. If that's case fine but he doesn't need to spin stories saying it's fitness or form as Zebo proves he has these and it reignites the argument.

Anyways Bowe played 40mins in 3months and hope he's put in immediately. Has the pace still but he looks a lot more bulkier to and picked lines nicely. Simply put Trimble and Kearney are ok but their not top wingers and never will be. I think they're limited pace and ability stalls us a bit. I'd never question their work rate or heart but we do need guys like Bowe in. I call for Zebo as he has gas but I'm not saying he's world class. Without provincial bias I'd argue Bowe Earls and Fitz are our 3 best options in that order by a long shot.

Bowe could always bench against Italy and come on at half time to see how he goes.. he can cover 11, 13, 14, 15 and Jackson / Sexton can both cover 12.

Bowe could always bench against Italy and come on at half time to see how he goes.. he can cover 11, 13, 14, 15 and Jackson / Sexton can both cover 12.

This is 100% correct which removes McFadden and gives real impact from bench. But if that's case I hope 1 if not 2 of Fitz and Zebo start

Hello to all rugby fans,

As an italian supporter I got to say this is one of the most difficult games. Ireland has shown during the tournament (and the autumn 2013 test matches) that is probably one of the best team in Europe with England. Moreover this could be the last year for O'driscoll in the tournament and we italians know how much he's good..
We italians have our up and down moments (but don't compare us to Japan plz) but as Big Ewis said before, Ireland should be very focus for this match.
Italy is young naive and crazy. All elements you should consider if Ireland want to win the tournament.
Maybe we'll do our worst show or maybe we could do another great game like in 1997..
"Italy recorded two consecutive victories over Ireland in 1997; 37–29 on 4 January, at Lansdowne Road, and 37–22 on 20 December, in Bologna."

Negev, pleaaaaase stay here. We really need a consistent Italy fan here and you can only benefit from being here because it's beautiful...and we even talk Rugby some times.
Forza Italia and good luck next week in Dublin !

PO'C:
"I remember Gatland said to me in 2009 that the more you think in rugby the less physical you're going to be. You either play a game plan where you don't have to think a lot so you can be intensely physical – or you make sure you know the detail inside out so it's part of your subconscious."

PO'C:
"I remember Gatland said to me in 2009 that the more you think in rugby the less physical you're going to be. You either play a game plan where you don't have to think a lot so you can be intensely physical – or you make sure you know the detail inside out so it's part of your subconscious."

Point?

PO'C:
“I remember Gatland said to me in 2009 that the more you think in rugby the less physical you’re going to be. You either play a game plan where you don’t have to think a lot so you can be intensely physical â€" or you make sure you know the detail inside out so it’s part of your subconscious.â€

Is this why Wales play the least inventive rugby of any of the major nations?

A couple of of selection questions for this week. Firstly it looks like POM won't make which a shame, who do you bring in Henderson or Ruddock, personally I'd go with the former for carrying. The second call is at 10, it seems Sexton will be fine but do you give him a rest before France considering how much hes played recently or give Jackson a go. Finally now that Zebo's in the squad does anyone think he has a real shot at playing? Hes certainly been proving his attacking ability with Munster but whether Joe is happy with the rest his game is the question, I would bring him in here and see how it goes.

As this is probably the last match BOD plays for Ireland in Ireland it is a difficult situation. I would start Jackson with Madigan on the bench, though if the match is very close would we rather have Sexton coming on with the prospect of him getting injured? Everyone would prefer the Ireland win, not only for themselves, but also for BOD.

Seems Henderson will start at 6. Pom will be fit but being held back as risk isn't worth. Said weeks ago Ruddock deserves chance as he's a form guy. Jackson should start at 10 as there no need to risk Sexton. Zebo I think should start as he is form player too. Rumours are strong Marty Moore, D. Ryan and Reddan will also start

Latest posts