Club or Nation
Toulon
Wales.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Fiji.png

Ref: Pascal Gaüzère (France)
Date: November 15th 2014

Last edited:
Hoping the "minnow curse" will be removed by moving their games to Saturday rather than the Friday night where I cant even remember one where we've actually played well.

Wonder how Gatland will pick the team, keep the side that (mentality aside) did well on Saturday or give the "squad members" a run out, and for JD2 especially try and find some sharpness after injury before the next games

From what I have heard within the Welsh camp, Gatland is likely to be calling some replacements up to at least train with the squad.

Haha I never noticed that. Well if thats not his new nickname then someone has dropped a clanger

For this one i think we really need to maintain the attacking style we had against the Aussies. The offloading game was pretty damned good and it was very positive. If we revert back to relying on the bosh, we will not develop. Hopefully the last game was a taster of an adjustment of Gatland's philosophy. We can't let a few things not going our way (very soft tries, intercepts, lack of composure at the end regarding advantage play, refereeing) rule out all that was good.

Also LOL on the size difference of the team logo's - Classic Ewis.

Last edited:
While it's not been Ewis best day with the logos, he's had the initiative to start a pile of threads today, the graphics can be cleaned up quickly, thanks for getting all these threads up Ewis.

I must admit, I did get a chuckle from seeing the size disparity in the logos.

Wales should be able to win this comfortably. The Island nations save their best performances (and best players) for World Cups.

That being said, I wouldn't be doing too much tinkering if I were Gatland.

I must admit, I did get a chuckle from seeing the size disparity in the logos.

Wales should be able to win this comfortably. The Island nations save their best performances (and best players) for World Cups.

That being said, I wouldn't be doing too much tinkering if I were Gatland.

Definitely agree, a horrible painful loss to one of our three biggest rivals (others being England and Ireland) but definitely not a case of back to the drawing board.

Cannot believe someone has gotten so riled up over a logo ... haha quality! Then had a pop at an admin for nothing more than a lacklustre reason.

Anyhow ...

Patchell wasn't selected for those wondering as he is out for two months with a hamstring injury. Rumours are circulating (caused by the Fail) that Anscombe could be drafted in quicker than expected.

I hope we don't see Anscombe yet, it has a Iestyn Harris saviour feel right now. I'd go with Owen Williams personally, with Patchell now out. Wish Shingler would get more game time at the Scarlets.

So assuming Preistland to start (oh joy) with Hook being back cover on the bench.

I would've thought it'd be more likely that Hook goes to 13, with North back to the wing and Sanjay to 15.
Unless Williams' injury keeps him out (looked to be carrying a knock late in the game) in which case Allen to the centres, and Hook to 15?

I would've thought it'd be more likely that Hook goes to 13, with North back to the wing and Sanjay to 15.
Unless Williams' injury keeps him out (looked to be carrying a knock late in the game) in which case Allen to the centres, and Hook to 15?

You know Gatland, Priestland is a shoe-in now!

I think they will go for either one of Davies or Williams at 13 to give them a run out before NZ.

Liam Williams (Scarlets); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), George North (Northampton Saints); Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro); Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues, capt), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Luke Charteris (Racing Metro), Dan Lydiate (Unattached), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), James King (Ospreys), Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), James Hook (Gloucester), Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues).

Pretty solid side - a bit of resting but stilla team that is capable of putting in a good performance. A lot of eyes will be on Phillips and Priestland...big games needed from those two.

Latest posts