• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Junior World Championship - June 2 to 20

See what happens when your clubs keeps on buying international players and not giving the youngsters a shot. Club over Country......

Yeah like the clubs have no academies and they are buying international 18 19 and 20 year olds which stop the young French from playing in the Espoirs.........keep up dear boy keep up, I am with Gaston!!!!

Yeah like the clubs have no academies and they are buying international 18 19 and 20 year olds which stop the young French from playing in the Espoirs.........keep up dear boy keep up, I am with Gaston!!!!

More like 21 year olds... Like Johan Goosen...

But glad to see I got a reaction from you frenchies... It was just meant as a little joke...

Since when did you have a sense of humour, must be pig flying season down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you want reactions just say so that we can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forgot........ we like young South African boys in France.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what happens when your clubs keeps on buying international players and not giving the youngsters a shot. Club over Country...

What did you expect? Your senior side aren't pretty good role models, look what Aus did to them on Saturday...

now... cue Gaston...

dude, at least verify the facts before making a point. Les Bleuets are coming off a Grand Slam lol...but anyways, nobody in France disagrees that buying foreigners isn't the greatest thing that ever happened to French Rugby, I'm not sure who you're really talking to with this.

Weird that this is our first team to make a semi considering how talented some teams were before this year and how this team are missing a number of starters. I'm a bit more optimistic than Feic but I do think that having essentially the same team play three games in quick succession is going to catch up with us.

It's great to see the progression of Ringrose especially when you consider he wasn't a rep until after hi senior cup.

Just goes to show how much of a shambles the qualification system is, this Ireland squad is awful and they're our first to reach the semis. When you think the team we put out a couple of years ago that beat the eventual champions and England come in seventh, it's ridiculous.

Just goes to show how much of a shambles the qualification system is, this Ireland squad is awful and they're our first to reach the semis. When you think the team we put out a couple of years ago that beat the eventual champions and England come in seventh, it's ridiculous.

They're not awful. They're technically one of the best teams in the competition who like to play good attacking rugby.

As for people saying they're one of the weakest Irish sides to go to the JWC. Well, time will tell. I think theres going to be a good few pros coming out of this Ireland squad.

Last edited:

Don't disagree that this is our weakest side in while. But lads are performing excellent and are deserving semi finalists. I think what you struggle to see is this is cup rugby and best team on paper isn't always best.

They're not awful. They're technically one of the best teams in the competition who like to play good attacking rugby.

As for people saying they're one of the weakest Irish sides to go to the JWC. Well, time will tell. I think theres going to be a good few pros coming out of this Ireland squad.

I'd say they'll have a few good pros as essentially everyone one of our u20's do. Including the injured lads there are some real quality lads. However compared to some of the teams we've had over the last few years he team playing in this tournament doesn't have the same standout players.

I'd say they'll have a few good pros as essentially everyone one of our u20's do. Including the injured lads there are some real quality lads. However compared to some of the teams we've had over the last few years he team playing in this tournament doesn't have the same standout players.

You'd think that because those teams had a lot of big names. The 2012 side that beat the Baby Boks had Henderson, Hanrahan, Furlong, Conan and a few others. They're all big talents but in that squad was also some below par players. This team doesn't have many below par players and the squad seems to be stronger. More U19s in this squad so that could be a reason for them taking a bit of time to get up to speed.

The 6 nations didn't go well but they might as well have been playing water polo the weather was so bad.

21-8 win for SA over Samoa eventually but the scoreline doesn't tell the story. Well done, Manu; the future looks good!

SA could not have asked for a better game heading into the play-offs; a tussle showing up our difficiencies and putting our feet firmly on the ground.
Strong effort by New Zealand A - they look to have been more of a challenge to South Africa than our top side was ;)

How did Jacobson go for NZ, anyone who watched the game?

Unfortunately I had a prior commitment I could not get out of (no matter how much I protested) so I missed the match.

While I'm glad to see us in the semis I would have preferred to be facing England rather than South Africa again. I probably shouldn't complain - we were lucky to make the semis - but we are still probably psychologically scarred from the hammering South Africa gave us in the last match!

Very sad for Argentina 3 games, 3 losses; but in a quick analysis we have: Australia beat us very well in the first match, then we have a ton of bad decisions in the match vs Italy (First period, penalty in adicional time, right in front of the posts, to turn ahead in the scoreboard, 15 yards, and they decide play a line out...??? Ball out, end of time, stupid decision!!) and in the match vs England (2° best team in the world?) the victory was so close, 17 - 16 final score. I really liked the performance of kicker Patricio Fernandez, to take it into consideration for the Pumas (finally a decent kicker in the team)

yeah, saw Arg came so close against England, well done. They can leave with their heads up, one score away from winning against the cup holders (?). I think !

Not to sound like a prick - but it was our second team, practically... and there is a big difference in quality between our first choice and our second.

Not to sound like a prick - but it was our second team, practically... and there is a big difference in quality between our first choice and our second.

God, what a dick...

EDIT: it's some user called "AnaLopez38" 's birthday today. Do you think he/she thought at all about the fact that the word "anal" appears in his/her username ? I ponder...

View attachment deepthinking.bmp

Last edited:
BiKUeqaIYAAKtq8.jpg

Latest posts