• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Junior World Championship - June 2 to 20

NZ need to start capitalising on the opportunities they're creating. At least two or three tries have gone begging, and I feel like South Africa are going to get a kick up the ass at halftime and start playing a much smarter game than they have been so far!

Argh.... poor defense there. All locked up with 10 to go.

Seriously is the NZ team thick? Why are they trying to run it from everywhere?

EDIT: And South Africa score. New Zealand have been absolutely clueless these last 10 minutes - it has been embarrassing.

Us losing this match is purely on that halfback's shoulders. What an idiot.

Well done South Africa! Given how NZ were playing early on SA did incredibly well to come back and take their opportunities. Great game to watch.

Congratulations to South Africa.

I can't help but think New Zealand completely blew it though. We messed up 3-4 simple try scoring chances in the 1st half, and gifted South Africa points (through an intercept). We didn't have a clue how to close the game out in that last 10 minutes - credit to South Africa though, they were clinical at the end.

Ehhh, well not happy we lost but to be honest no one can deny the better team won. They were just more physical and generally looked like they wanted it more.

NZ just looked lost at so many points. I genuinely fear that he is in charge of the Hurricanes!

Look at the faces and physiques of the players. The South Africa's mature much quicker than any of the other nations. If these youngsters grow any bigger. They will literally be giants. Whilst for the other countries you expect physical development !

Phew!! What a game!

Well done BabyBoks!

I just don't understand why NZ comitted to the maul for that last line out? The previous 3 they didn't commit, so we couldn't drive, and then they do with only defending 5m. Just dumb!

Man, Handre Pollard is such a cool head, he's definitely the backbone of this team.

Ehhh, well not happy we lost but to be honest no one can deny the better team won. They were just more physical and generally looked like they wanted it more.

Yup, SA just upped the tempo and their big forwards kicked into gear, backs started to look really dangerous with the ball in the hand.

Much better second half! Bokkies showed a lot of character to put in that half-time performance. Game plan was just much more slick and polished all around, 16 missed tackles in the first half and only 2 in the second half.
NZ can be proud of their performance though, and some great talent coming through, McKenzie wow... South Africa probably just physically too strong in the end.

Bring on the Poms!

Edit: Pollard future SA captain? :p

Phew!! What a game!

Well done BabyBoks!

I just don't understand why NZ comitted to the maul for that last line out? The previous 3 they didn't commit, so we couldn't drive, and then they do with only defending 5m. Just dumb!

Man, Handre Pollard is such a cool head, he's definitely the backbone of this team.

I don't know why either. NZ just looked completely lost that last 10 minutes. We were running it from everywhere (well not quite everywhere - mainly inside our own half!) and trying to make miracle passes. We needed to calm down and just play a bit of territory and try to pressurize the Boks into a mistake (like we had for our previous try). Hopefully the players involved learnt a valuable lesson....

Would that be a bad thing? I think ge has what it takes to be a great Captain for the Bokke.
Hell yes, great kicker both on the tee and off, classy passer of the ball and a physical runner (rare for a fly-half). Not to mention a great character and good in front of the mic. If only the World cup was a couple years away so he could be in it! As it stands he might be a bit young, but might still be in the set-up.

Latest posts