• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] South Africa vs Wales (2nd Test)

How many have you seen get away with it over the years!! It was split second stuff and he was so determined to get him of the pitch he just threw himself without thought to himself or arms.....I would not blame him!

Ball was falling out of.his arm before Williams hits him. Not a penalty try

Do believe that it was Liam's leading arm (that he was wrapping around himself) or his knee by the look of the replay I am seeing now that struck the ball.....

North out Hendricks off enough, all Williams had to do was make legal contact and a slight push. Even if he did score, the con would have been touchline. Amateur.

It happens at least once in every game, but normally you would expect it to be a saffer doing it.

WHy are people having a go at Williams? He was the last man and did the best he could. George North completely missed Hendricks and he is escaping all blame? If Williams tried to make a legal tackle then Hendricks probably would have scored, admittedly in the corner. You don't think about that in the heat of the moment. You should just do what ever it takes to stop them from scoring.

What about the forward pack who lost crucial ball at scrum time? There were a number of critical moments at the end there where Wales should have done better.

Proud of that performance, as good as you'll see from this current Wales team. In the end though, it is another failure.

The point is that Liam Williams did not need to use his shoulder, he was there to use his arms to wrap them round Hendricks and push him out. Just completely brainless.

North out Hendricks off enough, all Williams had to do was make legal contact and a slight push. Even if he did score, the con would have been touchline. Amateur.

true. And he obviously would've made the tackle anyways, Hendricks isn't exactly Lomu. Would have disoriented him enough, and the ball was a bit loose on the play anyways, he could've made a mess out of it, and surely prevent the try. Terrible stuff, really awful from Williams. But North does get some good blame there too. He's a 110kg unit, is very athletic and quick, the full package and missed that tackle 100% barely touched Hendricks.

I'm very sorry for Wales tonight. When I got here, Wales were up about 30-22 with 10min to go. So sorry for you guys, man !!!... Will watch it whole later for sure...

I guess this shows South Africa aren't as invincible as we thought after all...but they were very sharp to kill this off, big props to them.

Still looks to me like it's falling just before the hit, split second wise. Either way, there is way too much doubt to give a penalty try as it has to be 100% certain... It;s just so god damned frustrating to go through this year in year out, especially when then the damn referee has played far too big of a part. We should have closed that game out, but bloody hell Walsh us no favours whatsoever!

Another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. They just lack a little composure.

Ball was falling out of.his arm before Williams hits him. Not a penalty try

Thats what I thought too. He was also off balance so Williams only needed to put in a normal tackle.

true. And he obviously would've made the tackle anyways, Hendricks isn't exactly Lomu. Would have disoriented him enough, and the ball was a bit loose on the play anyways, he could've made a mess out of it, and surely prevent the try. Terrible stuff, really awful from Williams. But North does get some good blame there too. He's a 110kg unit, is very athletic and quick, the full package and missed that tackle 100% barely touched Hendricks.

I'm very sorry for Wales tonight. When I got here, Wales were up about 30-22 with 10min to go. So sorry for you guys, man !!!... Will watch it whole later for sure...

I guess this shows South Africa aren't as invincible as we thought after all...but they were very sharp to kill this off, big props to them.
Yes, North should have bundled Hendricks into touch as well, he is culpable too.
Didnt Wales turn down posts while 13 points up? No other international side would go for a halfway DG at 80 mins. Wales gained ground when they varied it up!

We should have closed that game out, but bloody hell Walsh us no favours whatsoever!

it's because of his last name, he's wise to be strict so nobody could blame him for bias.....
Better to laugh about it than not to man !

Wales closed this out very badly anyways, they still could've won it and their forwards did a great job right after the penalty try was awarded. No patience there....they DO have an issue with the waning moments of games...

Latest posts