• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Ireland (11/10/2015)

Very well done Ireland !!! Bravo, very impressed how you just controlled the game all along, impressive breakdown and impressive reading of our line out. The difference ?? U just wanted this game much more than us and you outsmarted us on the breakdown, your players played with their head, not consuming fullishly players on each rucks ! Just bravo, there was nothing positive for the french team to take out of this game, I do not believd we can beat the ABs with what we have shown today

Well done Ireland, they confirmed they are the best team of the NH. Next week against Argentina the forward battle is going to be very even, so IMO its going to be up to What the backs can produce, to the discipline and the effectiveness of the kickers.
Very disappointed with France's performance. They dont have that magic in the backs that they had in previous WC that could create something of nowhere and surprise even the Best of the best. NZ wont have trouble getting to the semifinal

Good to see Ireland fans are already thinking about the semifinal, however i dont think the irish management and players would do the same.

Last edited:
I was very impressed by Ireland tonight.
To lose you backs leader and pack (and overall team) leader early on in is never easy and, to be honest, I expected them to crumble. Showed massive amounts of mental resolve.

Next game will be interesting though - think they've got the rugby talent to replace Paulie, but the leadership?
I don't think Madigan is really a replacement for Sexton (playing or leadership wise) but he's still a very good rugby player.
Certainly going to be interesting.

Pampas. I don't think any Irish fan looking past Pumas. We are battered and Argentina are a tough side who've beaten us in the past.

Good to see Ireland fans are already thinking about the semifinal, however i dont think the irish management and players would do the same.

What Irish fans have you seen do that? No one on here has mentioned the semis as far as I can tell.

In normal conditions I would say we have no chance, but with all these irish injuries/possible citations while our main players are just having a 2-week rest...

What Irish fans have you seen do that? No one on here has mentioned the semis as far as I can tell.

Going to be very tough against the Pumas but the mentality of the Irish should see them past that hurdle but further? Not sure!

Looks like there's serious dosh going on Ireland to make the semis.When I looked just after the game ended they were even money.Now there 8-15 with Ladbrokes.I'm still tempted.I reckon they're a strong bet to beat Argentina despite the injuries etc.

In normal conditions I would say we have no chance

I think you're being a bit harsh on your side, there.
Argentina are a brilliant rugby team - some very talented backs and solid set pieces (including the best loosehead prop in the world). They're more than a match for any side, and I think some of their performances in the the Rugby Championship have shown that.

Impressive win! The ball retention was top class and turning over French ball was up there with the best.
I'd said that the French pack would get the upper hand but I have to eat my hat!
However, when everyone says the French are crap, they sometimes pull a fantastic game out of the hat, especially against NZ. Next week? Don't think so.

Guy Noves will probably not have enough time to bring about the changes so that les bleus may be in contention for the 6N.
But then again, stranger things have been known to happen in French rugby.

Pampas. I don't think any Irish fan looking past Pumas. We are battered and Argentina are a tough side who've beaten us in the past.

They've been saying that about Wales for the past 3 weeks but they are still in it.

With the exception of England I think all the home nation sides have played beyond expectation. Long may it continue.

They've been saying that about Wales for the past 3 weeks but they are still in it.

With the exception of England I think all the home nation sides have played beyond expectation. Long may it continue.

Are you including the Scots in that? Have my doubts!

Picked Ireland before the game started , thought they would come out on top, but during the first half and after Ireland had lost Sexton and Poc I must admit I made an analysis and said that France would go on to win it. I couldn't be more wrong , to their credit the irish replacements palyed out their skins, madigan impressed , henshaw and Henderson were dominating , excellent performance and a truely well deserved win. The way Argentina have been playing it looks like they will be a bloody tough test for the irish but Ireland should come through that game and into a huge contest against the Aussies in the semis

I

Guy Noves will probably not have enough time to bring about the changes so that les bleus may be in contention for the 6N.
But then again, stranger things have been known to happen in French rugby.
years of saint andre felt like a prison for players, maybe the enthusiasm they ll feel with Noves will make them wanna clear some records faster than you think.

Also, red or not for o seanobrian, idk if france would have win it at 15 vs 14. But, it s pretty annoying i think that the Motm should have been red carded after 1.30 of game, as for Hooper not carded vs wales. It s a weird thing i think to make the punishment a benefit for the next team , not to the one who suffered the foul. Not blaming whateverref who should have seen it, but on a moral point of view, its upside down

Update from an insider in the camp.

Paulie will get a scan but looks as good as gone.
Sexton is puking like ****. A clear sign of concussion amongst others. It's been reported as an abductor to buy time. As if we say concussion immediately he's done for months.
O'Mahony is a tough ****er. He's walking around already and knowing Pete he will be mad for road.
Seanie will be advised to plead guilty and apologise in the hope of a 1 game ban.

Shame Ireland are not facing the all blacks I would fancy them to win that

Every one is entitled to their opinion. Good performance by the Irish. The All blacks despite not playing their best are several notches above the French.Their tactics imposed by Steve Hansen are putting them under pressure. Neither the Irish or the French can beat the all blacks.

Latest posts