• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Ireland (11/10/2015)

Update from an insider in the camp.

Paulie will get a scan but looks as good as gone.
Sexton is puking like ****. A clear sign of concussion amongst others. It's been reported as an abductor to buy time. As if we say concussion immediately he's done for months.
O'Mahony is a tough ****er. He's walking around already and knowing Pete he will be mad for road.
Seanie will be advised to plead guilty and apologise in the hope of a 1 game ban.

Sexton - previous comment stands!

If true then criminal and I use that intentionally!

Shame Ireland are not facing the all blacks I would fancy them to win that

World Cup isn't over yet, you might get to see that match up still. Doubt it will happen, but both teams can still reach the final.

Every one is entitled to their opinion. Good performance by the Irish. The All blacks despite not playing their best are several notches above the French.Their tactics imposed by Steve Hansen are putting them under pressure. Neither the Irish or the French can beat the all blacks.

Well we will soon find out...France again in the 1/4 finals eh?

Every one is entitled to their opinion. Good performance by the Irish. The All blacks despite not playing their best are several notches above the French.Their tactics imposed by Steve Hansen are putting them under pressure. Neither the Irish or the French can beat the all blacks.
If we can get Sexton back we can, you lot are worse and we're better than two years ago. You'd be favourites but we could do you.

If we can get Sexton back we can, you lot are worse and we're better than two years ago. You'd be favourites but we could do you.

Sincerely hope, for his sake, that truly proper protocols are followed. This man has a young family and that is more important than Bill or any game of rugby at whatever level!

Sincey hope, for his sake, that truly proper protocols are followed. This man has a young family and that is more important than Bill or any game of rugby at whatever level!
I agree and I'm confident they will, Schmidt for one won't allow Sexton play unless he is healthy enough to do so. For the sake of his life and future career/s they have to treat this correctly.

What about the pack replacements? We have some depth in the front row now which is unreal!. Our scrum is rock solid and our pack are like ravenous wolves!

We have lost 2 top players but to be honest Henderson is better than POC at this stage anyway. I would have rather had POC and Henderson as starters but Toner's line out work and ball carrying made me a fan of him today. I'm optimistic for the Argentina game. They are on fire so should be close but it's 60/40 in our favour.

Last edited:
Sexton issue isn't short term. I've no doubt they'd put him in harms way. I'm sure there thinking medium term how to deal with this.

I agree and I'm confident they will, Schmidt for one won't allow Sexton play unless he is healthy enough to do so. For the sake of his life and future career/s they have to treat this correctly.

I really do hope that is true but was he really fit enough to play today is my worry?

I want Ireland to progress because I believe that they more than Wales or Scotland can do more for the NH in this competition - have never believed in France this time!

Last edited:
Well done to Ireland. Well deserved. Not surprising if we look at the form book of last 4 yrs.
Argentina will be very hard to get past. I think the Pumas will go thru.
_________

We are our own worst enemy. We have made it soo easy for the opposition over last 4 yrs. We have held on to the worst coach ever, put him under the stewardship of FFr's vice president and the union has been ******* down the clubs neck for far too long.

Everyone here knows that Tales and Michalak's inclusion in the squad are a complete aberration. So is the Fofana-Bastareaud partnership. So was Chouly's selection at 7 for this game etc.

Saint-Andre has nothing on offer for this team for the next game either. We've known that all along. I don't believe the players will give him a proper sending off. Their body language since the start of the WC says otherwise. They've never turned up once for him in 4 yrs. This is HIS record. They've had enough of playing Robocop rugby for him.

The clubs here have bent backwards for the internationals because of the RWC. This is over. They won't be shedding tears for Saint-Andre's team. And Noves is going to get a taste of his own medecine.

Considering where we've been coming from for 4 yrs which is pretty much from nowhere - an QF exit at the hands of the ABs is as good as we'll get.

Home George!

psa.jpg

Last edited:
I really do hope that is true but was he really fit enough to play today is my worry?

I want Ireland to progress because I believe that they more than Wales or Scotland can do more for the NH in this competition - have never believed in France this time!

We have nothing but hearsay to suggest it is a concussion and with the bad press surrounding that particular injury it's not a risk a professional medical team can take. So, it may be my naiveity but I am convinced he wasn't concussed starting the game, a smaller injury maybe but that's nothing new.

What about the pack replacements? We have some depth in the front row now which is unreal!. Our scrum is rock solid and our pack are like ravenous wolves!

We have lost 2 top players but to be honest Henderson is better than POC at this stage anyway. I would have rather had POC and Henderson as starters but Toner's line out work and ball carrying made me a fan of him today. I'm optimistic for the Argentina game. They are on fire so should be close but it's 60/40 in our favour.
PO'M Henry Heaslip is still a world class backrow and toner with Henderson/Ryan is pure decent too!

Last edited:

Sexton is puking like ****. A clear sign of concussion amongst others. It's been reported as an abductor to buy time. As if we say concussion immediately he's done for months.
O'Mahony is a tough ****er. He's walking around already and knowing Pete he will be mad for road.
Seanie will be advised to plead guilty and apologise in the hope of a 1 game ban.
POC was obvious the moment it happened - didn't need a replay even as the camera moved away.

Reports of Sexton's groin were a bit odd, as he had no problem walking off. One of Ireland's replacements complained later of a head blow, but got real chipper when Nigel strolled up: "What's my name?" "The ref." Maybe there's instruction to hide the injury.

In the last two matches the two Os have done some great things, and two really stupid things. An enforced break for both may benefit Ireland, because Arg love to wind us up. POM saved the Italy game, but almost lost it too. SOB is touch and go, but early grovelling will probably mitigate the punishment to one match.

Really impressed with Ireland. Had doubts about the back-up players after the second pool match, but they dominated France like I've never seen.

Last edited:
Saint-Andre has nothing on offer for this team for the next game either. We've known that all along. I don't believe the players will give him a proper sending off. Their body language since the start of the WC says otherwise. They've never turned up once for him in 4 yrs. This is HIS record. They've had enough of playing Robocop rugby for him.

The clubs here have bent backwards for the internationals because of the RWC. This is over. They won't be shedding tears for Saint-Andre's team. And Noves is going to get a taste of his own medecine.

Considering where we've been coming from for 4 yrs which is pretty much from nowhere - an QF exit at the hands of the ABs is as good as we'll get.

Home George!

View attachment 4025

I really want to see PSA getting the shirt ripped off his back by the fans! France's performance against England in 6N 2015 was a disgrace to rugby, and their one-note effort for 30 mins against Ireland today has to be the end of les nouvels Anglo-Saxons.

Maybe a players' revolt will stick it to the ABs.

POC was obvious the moment it happened - didn't need a replay even as the camera moved away.

Reports of Sexton's groin were a bit odd, as he had no problem walking off. One of Ireland's replacements complained later of a head blow, but got real chipper when Nigel strolled up: "What's my name?" "The ref." Maybe there's instruction to hide the injury.

In the last two matches the two Os have done some great things, and two really stupid things. An enforced break for both may benefit Ireland, because Arg love to wind us up. POM saved the Italy game, but almost lost it too. SOB is touch and go, but early grovelling will probably mitigate the punishment to one match.

Really impressed with Ireland. Had doubts about the back-up players after the second pool match, but they dominated France like I've never seen.

This is BS. Pom yes got a yellow but everything else was brilliant. You don't say the same about SOB I see. Complete and utter crap in my view.

In 2nd half it was Henry who said that but was clear he was ok and worry was more as he's a clot in brain too last Nov so that and concussion just to be sure for him.

This is BS. Pom yes got a yellow but everything else was brilliant. You don't say the same about SOB I see. Complete and utter crap in my view.

In 2nd half it was Henry who said that but was clear he was ok and worry was more as he's a clot in brain too last Nov so that and concussion just to be sure for him.

He said the exact same for SOB, SOB and POM were the "two O's"! :D

Not that I agree, we want to field our best side possible.

Wow, big news.

If that is true about Sexton then I really hope he doesnt play.

Overall really unlucky for Ireland as with the draw they have, and their record against OZ, I reckon they were in with a very good shot at a final berth. Without Sexton, O'Brien and O'Connel though, I'm not even sure they get past Argentina!

Latest posts