• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Ireland (11/10/2015)

The stars are aligning for Australia. Looks like the panel have no consistency and won't ban Pocock either, still no word.

Maybe a players' revolt will stick it to the ABs.
Not a chance. They need leaders for that.

They haven't just stripped the team off creative backs but also off leaders. They are **** scared of players power and a repeat of 2011. That's why they brought in Blanco. They've had the players on a lead from day 1.

He said the exact same for SOB, SOB and POM were the "two O's"! :D

Not that I agree, we want to field our best side possible.
Best side possible against Arg may be without players who want to be carded. I am full of BS, but Schmidt ain't stupid.

Apparently Sexton is up and walking fine talking about next week? O'Connell will be sorely missed especially his captaincy but in terms of play Henderson is the perfect successor. Henry instead of SOB isnt so bad either, he had a good game today. I think SOB is still miles better but who knows maybe Henry will put on a stormer à la Madigan and prove us wrong!!!

Wow just saw the SOB punch on Pape :

https://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/fr...un-irlandais-en-début-de-match-192535125.html

Sorry guys but I think he will be out for sometimes :D

To be Fair, Pape deserves certainly 1 or 2 punches (for what he has done to Heaslip for example) but not too sure that the commission will appreciate revenge in such cool perspective :D

It was a bit silly from SOB, if anybody (TMO for example) would have seen this, it would have been red card...

Last edited:
Best side possible against Arg may be without players who want to be carded. I am full of BS, but Schmidt ain't stupid.
It's very fair and I do think there's a case for bringing in Henry but a Murphy Henry Heaslip backrow? Probably enough to get through next week but I'd like to have one of the aforementioned law breakers in!!

Edit: on SOB's punch I think he'll be available for selection come the weekend of the 31st. Whether that's a match for a little gold trophy, a sad bronze medal or 5 points in the pro 12 remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Bit late to the party, but congrats to the Irish. Like the Welsh, huge intensity despite losing big players.
Feel especially for POC who will not be seen again in an Irish shirt. That was no way to end a career like his.

Thrilled with that performance. Lost key players early, but never let it affect us or let our heads drop. Hugely encouraging! Massive test next week against Argentina, who rested plenty against Namibia today and will have been delighted watching us go to such efforts against the French.

France didn't even play terribly, there was just no way we were losing today. Supporters classy in defeat too, good luck against New Zealand, should be a great contest.

My bad thought you meant POC. But madness lads. We need POM, SOB, Heaslip and Henry as our 4. They're well ahead of rest and that Argentinian team (who are in form and rested) will be as tough as anyone. They could've beaten the All Blacks and have pedigree against Ireland. As was said Schmidt will know that too. If SOB is out Henry at 7 if in and POM a doubt then start Henry at 7 with POM on bench.
Argentina will be a serious threat. We need best team available.
CMAC I agree SOB will be back as I think he will get 3 weeks reduced to 2.

It is funny how there is a big debate around the TMO not seeing the punch on Pape in France. Pape stayed on the ground for sometimes after and nobody has reviewed what has happened.

And it is even funnier that Irish supporters are not even talking about it or saying that already the ban will be reduced.

It's very fair and I do think there's a case for bringing in Henry but a Murphy Henry Heaslip backrow? Probably enough to get through next week but I'd like to have one of the aforementioned law breakers in!!

Edit: on SOB's punch I think he'll be available for selection come the weekend of the 31st. Whether that's a match for a little gold trophy, a sad bronze medal or 5 points in the pro 12 remains to be seen.
Words of wisdom. I trust in Schimdt.

It is funny how there is a big debate around the TMO not seeing the punch on Pape in France. Pape stayed on the ground for sometimes after and nobody has reviewed what has happened.

And it is even funnier that Irish supporters are not even talking about it or saying that already the ban will be reduced.

It's also funny the Pocock incident has been overlooked as well. The consistency is so poor in Rugby, it keeps the game from really advancing. Poor Samoa go without Tuilagi vs Scotland.. who could have won them the game, yet Poey does something far more aggression and intending and it goes unnoticed, it's just a joke.

Sexton vomiting? Not sure I buy it. He was grand after the match according to reporters. Talking about playing next week?

Ireland Scotland and Wales federation got pro, they went from clubs to provinces system, where france and england stayed so amateur with 2 overated club championships that unables any good player to have energy for both national team and club. ofc some clubs are good and big but most use 95% foreigners...
Ireland , Scotland and Wales opened themselves to outside coaches, where france and england stayed in that corporatist assliker system that rewards the longuest tongue.
Frane and england are so similar today. same regrets from fans, same reasons.
We need a new generation to lead FFR, a new championship system with a closed league and less clubs, and a lot of humility to accept the fact that some other countries have better ways to coach and think rugby.
If Noves comes but blanco stays in touch with the team, well, we doomed.

My bad thought you meant POC. But madness lads. We need POM, SOB, Heaslip and Henry as our 4. They're well ahead of rest and that Argentinian team (who are in form and rested) will be as tough as anyone. They could've beaten the All Blacks and have pedigree against Ireland. As was said Schmidt will know that too. If SOB is out Henry at 7 if in and POM a doubt then start Henry at 7 with POM on bench.
Argentina will be a serious threat. We need best team available.
CMAC I agree SOB will be back as I think he will get 3 weeks reduced to 2.
Arg worry me, because they screwed us in 99 and 07. Both times I assumed we were better, but they had the same quality of player and outsmarted us. Don't expect that this time, but yellow card rage will give them the chuckles.

A big difference between this Ireland team and all the others we've seen before is that is we have a strong squad. Rugby is a 23 man game, It was fantastic to see a pack with an entirely new front row, and a new lock and flanker dominate the french scrum. Madigan and Henderson deserves special praise. McGrath deserves to start next week, huge performance.

Another thing they should change in Rugby is being able to score by placing the ball on the base of the posts.

Another thing they should change in Rugby is being able to score by placing the ball on the base of the posts.

Yeah, I hate that rule... Probably time to consider NFL style posts

The stars are aligning for Australia. Looks like the panel have no consistency and won't ban Pocock either, still no word.
If that doesnt at least get cited the whole thing is a sham!

Ireland Scotland and Wales federation got pro, they went from clubs to provinces system, where france and england stayed so amateur with 2 overated club championships that unables any good player to have energy for both national team and club. ofc some clubs are good and big but most use 95% foreigners...
Ireland , Scotland and Wales opened themselves to outside coaches, where france and england stayed in that corporatist assliker system that rewards the longuest tongue.
Frane and england are so similar today. same regrets from fans, same reasons.
We need a new generation to lead FFR, a new championship system with a closed league and less clubs, and a lot of humility to accept the fact that some other countries have better ways to coach and think rugby.
If Noves comes but blanco stays in touch with the team, well, we doomed.

You cannot change the past!!

French and English federations/unions missed the opportunity of going professional which allowed private individuals/interests to assume control of the clubs and players as they now continue to do!

It is probable but without my knowledge that this was the situation in France in the sham-amateur days too!

For all for these private interest groups to give up their control so that a central body can take control would be akin to nationalizing industries! Neither merited on economic or political grounds!

Other people can comment on the other British Isles countries but it is my understanding that, due to financial considerations/ good planning these countries had no option!

Most people, I believe, feel that the English and French club competitions are the best in the world and their supporters would not want to see their clubs subsumed for the purported benefit of an international game!

Certainly I would not!!!

Latest posts