• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: Ireland vs Scotland (15/08/2015)

There's a danger of reading too much into a game like today. When you make that amount of changes the performance is never going to be there, as there's no real sense of continuity. While Schmidt and co. are probably disappointed with the disjointed nature of the game, it's another win and another step forward. Bit more match fitness, no new injuries, and a few guys got to put their hands up.

A decent day at the office.

After all the craic in this thread, not surprised the Irish are playing it down.

Some big positives for Scotland though. Thought our handling in the tackle was really good and showing some adventure. Three tries were all worked well with some good work off the inside shoulder. Clearly a favourite of Cotter.

Pyrgos showed his class. Would like to have seen more of Hidalgo-Clyne though after he came on. Hell of a lot of talent in the 9 position though. Very impressed with Vernon, Horne and Tonks. Also had my mind changed about Denton a little, can clearly perform in more than one role.

After all the craic in this thread, not surprised the Irish are playing it down.

Some big positives for Scotland though. Thought our handling in the tackle was really good and showing some adventure. Three tries were all worked well with some good work off the inside shoulder. Clearly a favourite of Cotter.

Pyrgos showed his class. Would like to have seen more of Hidalgo-Clyne though after he came on. Hell of a lot of talent in the 9 position though. Very impressed with Vernon, Horne and Tonks. Also had my mind changed about Denton a little, can clearly perform in more than one role.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Scotland should be proud of what they did. They can go back to their jobs as clerks, bank managers and grocers and maintain their pride in the fact that for one afternoon the put it up to the big boys. Ah, the glory of the FA cup.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Scotland should be proud of what they did. They can go back to their jobs as clerks, bank managers and grocers and maintain their pride in the fact that for one afternoon the put it up to the big boys. Ah, the glory of the FA cup.

Big boys who are yet to even record a win vs the All Blacks, not that big mate, take a seat plz.

Don't worry, it's wins like this that at least stop the Irish going on about that time they nearly beat someone impressive. Gives a change of tune.

Glad to see a relatively good performance and a lot of intensity from a mix and match Scotland team today. Also glad to see Scotland run Ireland very very close today, not least after some of the arrogant comments regarding Ireland earlier in this thread.

edit - And Zebo was man of the match!?

Undeated champions of the past two weeks. Next please.

I don't even know what that means, I also don't know where your arrogance is coming from, you've been decent for a short time and suddenly you feel you're entitled to express arrogance and undermine other teams? It's a real laugh actually, inferiority small man syndrome.

I don't even know what that means, I also don't know where your arrogance is coming from, you've been decent for a short time and suddenly you feel you're entitled to express arrogance and undermine other teams? It's a real laugh actually, inferiority small man syndrome.

>Not even champions of their own hemisphere.
>Trying to lecture glorious Irish master race on our game.

I think maybe, just maybe, it's all tongue in cheek buddy. I've not been taking it seriously.

Never been too upset to lose to the boys in green. Asides Cian Healey. He gets on my ***s.

>Not even champions of their own hemisphere.
>Trying to lecture glorious Irish master race on our game.

That master race of gingers and priests. Sorry, sometimes it's difficult to pick up on humour through text.

>Trying to green text on a website where it makes no sense
>Green texting anywhere when you're over 14 years old.

I think maybe, just maybe, it's all tongue in cheek buddy. I've not been taking it seriously.

Never been too upset to lose to the boys in green. Asides Cian Healey. He gets on my ***s.

I hear he hates ZeroTweo.

In which case I really hope I don't meet him down a dark alley. Doesn't come across as someone who'd settle an argument with a thumb war.

To be honest, despite me thinking Scotland were screwed over in this game that was a good score.

In all fairness Kiwi has a point, if we don't beat the All Blacks when we win the World Cup then despite us being the best team the world has ever seen by far they can still pretend to not just be the Liverpool of international rugby.

Latest posts