• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: Ireland vs Scotland (15/08/2015)

Why I hate irish pundits

Is Barnes any better on England, Kearns for Aus, Nesbitt for NZ, that Scottish 9 for Scotland or Jiffy for Wales?

Unfair to pick on the Irish......they are as bad as each other!!

Is Barnes any better on England, Kearns for Aus, Nesbitt for NZ, that Scottish 9 for Scotland or Jiffy for Wales?

Unfair to pick on the Irish......they are as bad as each other!!

Barnes is definitely the worst. Even disregarding any bias he may have, Barnes is very definitely the worst

I just dislike Irish pundits, especially Shane Horgan, Barnes is just cantankerous, an old goat, he's not bias, in fact he slates England a lot..

Great try by Fitzgerald but have to say the standard is not really much higher, if at all, than an ordinary match in the Aviva or Top 14!!!

Let's get this straight. I am referring to the commentator ( who is and always has been biased). He even gave us the best broadcasting Freudian slip I have ever heard when referring,in an international between Ireland and England,to the English scrum as "the English scum". Priceless. Barnes,who I think is one of the least biased when commentating on England,is the " talent". He sits beside a commentator ,Miles Harrison. Who is even more biased than this blinkered one track Irish fella.

Let's get this straight. I am referring to the commentator ( who is and always has been biased). He even gave us the best broadcasting Freudian slip I have ever heard when referring,in an international between Ireland and England,to the English scrum as "the English scum". Priceless. Barnes,who I think is one of the least biased when commentating on England,is the " talent". He sits beside a commentator ,Miles Harrison. Who is even more biased than this blinkered one track Irish fella.

It could have just been his accent :lol:

Afraid not. He hastily corrected himself while everybody else within earshot who would like to say it sat in stunned silence. He must be filling a quota or something.

I just dislike Irish pundits, especially Shane Horgan, Barnes is just cantankerous, an old goat, he's not bias, in fact he slates England a lot..

Barnes is a pompous **** who thinks he knows it all. His commentary reeks of it being all about him and how he knows better. I hate how he always tries to say something profound. Classic example on the Rugby club show on Sky sports on the end year show in 2013. Asked who were the international team of 2013? You know 2013 when the Lions won a first test series in 16 years or NZ were the first international team to go unbeaten in a calendar year, which everyone else on the panel plumped for. No Stuart "knows better, has to be profound" Barnes says he thought SA were the international team of 2013 because they showed that they could play a wider ranging game, which would hold them in good stead for the RWC 2015 . Yep, he chose the international team of 2013 as being a team that showed what they could do two years in the future; despite losing arguably the match of the year to the ABs at Ellis Park. Even Scott Quinnell couldn't believe his answer.

Last edited:
The point,which no-one has replied to,is national bias. Not pomposity. Your example from my initial post shows an Englishman being biased toward south Africa. Nice. Keep up the food work.
Next thread, say whatever you want regardless of question

I've never seen a Scotland 2nd XV perform that well. Think the Irish might have to question some of their strength in depth but Madigan but be 2nd choice fly half now.

I've never seen a Scotland 2nd XV perform that well. Think the Irish might have to question some of their strength in depth but Madigan but be 2nd choice fly half now.
Nah, that was a 4th choice 9 and 3rd choice 10 with a 12 who is past it. Mads will make the squad but will not start at 10 given a full bit of health.

Nah, that was a 4th choice 9 and 3rd choice 10 with a 12 who is past it. Mads will make the squad but will not start at 10 given a full bit of health.

Yeah but a few starters and Madigan is ahead of Paddy Jackson for me now. Just not the depth perhaps Ireland has been played up to have, Scotland played well though. Looked like both teams needed significantly more time together though which neither will have.

Latest posts