• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs. Wales (12/03/2016)

Earlier this season Nowell got comfortably caught having intercepted. He is a good enough player that he managed to link up with others but his lack of gas is clearly a problem. Rush defences rely on a fast winger to cover in the eventuality that teams manage to get round the back. Nowell perhaps was also a bit too far in, making the problem worse.

Roko has been great this season in a terrible team. Yarde has also played well, whilst May was electric in the World Cup warm ups.

I'd also still like to experiment with Wade. He scores tries other players can't. His defence is probably not good enough but his size and astonishing acceleration of the mark allows him to create things that others can't. It may be romantic though to think that he can cut it...

What Nowell does do is always beat the first man which makes his kick return game really valuable. Roko and Wade are also good at this though...

Samson Lee does look like a Gypsy doe.. 
He literally is a gypsy.

Also:

Samson Lee statement:
"I would like to explain my point of view. I stand beside Warren. I personally believe the comments to have been intended as banter and accepted Joe's apology on Saturday."

Last edited:
He literally is a gypsy.

Also:

Samson Lee statement:
"I would like to explain my point of view. I stand beside Warren. I personally believe the comments to have been intended as banter and accepted Joe's apology on Saturday."

Still it does not matter what Lee and gatland think about marlers comments , he could of upset the gypsy community it was unprofessional and stupid and he deserves a ban just for his stupidity!

Yupp. Banter or not, you simply can't say that type of thing on the biggest stage with millions watching.

Jon Thomas got into hot water about some homophobic "banter" about Nigel Owens on Twitter. No malice intended, and no offence taken by Owens, but he still got into trouble for making that kind of joke on such a public platform.

Marler doing it in a the middle of a match watched by millions is a step up from that.

Still it does not matter what Lee and gatland think about marlers comments , he could of upset the gypsy community it was unprofessional and stupid and he deserves a ban just for his stupidity!

Well yes it actully does matter what Lee thinks as the comment was made to him. If he is offended and upset then we would all be using that as a reason to punish Marler but he doesnt sound very bothered about so why shouldnt that be important?

There seems to be a mindset in this country that if someone makes a silly remark at someone elses expense we all asume offence, people who where not a member of the offended group offer their opinions, all kinds of morons come out of the wood work, normally with an axe to grind to voice there concern about the horrid remark in question. On a top gear episode once Jeremy Clarkson made a joke about Germany invading Poland, my Polish wife thought it was very funny but on the Jeremy Vine show the next day on of the topics was about Mr Clarkson being an offensive so so and lots of people (none of them Poles) were ringing up to say how offensive it must be to Poles. It wasnt. Not everyone is a sensitive little lamb who needs protecting and some people need to grow up and get some real problems in their life.

Well yes it actully does matter what Lee thinks as the comment was made to him. If he is offended and upset then we would all be using that as a reason to punish Marler but he doesnt sound very bothered about so why shouldnt that be important?

There seems to be a mindset in this country that if someone makes a silly remark at someone elses expense we all asume offence, people who where not a member of the offended group offer their opinions, all kinds of morons come out of the wood work, normally with an axe to grind to voice there concern about the horrid remark in question. On a top gear episode once Jeremy Clarkson made a joke about Germany invading Poland, my Polish wife thought it was very funny but on the Jeremy Vine show the next day on of the topics was about Mr Clarkson being an offensive so so and lots of people (none of them Poles) were ringing up to say how offensive it must be to Poles. It wasnt. Not everyone is a sensitive little lamb who needs protecting and some people need to grow up and get some real problems in their life.

Exactly What I was saying basically if your a person in the spotlight and you say something in front of the millions of public which can be deemed offensive by some people then you are hanging yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly What I was saying basically if your a person in the spotlight and you say something in front of the millions of public which can be deemed offensive by some people then you are hanging yourself

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys what he said I'm not part of the travelling community , I'm just merely stating what I think will happen

Yupp. Banter or not, you simply can't say that type of thing on the biggest stage with millions watching.

Jon Thomas got into hot water about some homophobic "banter" about Nigel Owens on Twitter. No malice intended, and no offence taken by Owens, but he still got into trouble for making that kind of joke on such a public platform.

Marler doing it in a the middle of a match watched by millions is a step up from that.

Joe Marler avoids suspension ....

http://www.skysports.com/share/10207438

The point of punishing Marler isn't that Lee might or might not have been offended.

The point is to try and dissuade all of those from watching from thinking abusing people by use of racial epithets is ok and thinking that it's ok in rugby.

Fair enough anyone who doesn't agree with that aim, but Lee's views are relatively unimportant to the matter.

Meanwhile, I'd just like to say that I'm utterly thrilled to find this event still dominating rugby news four days after the match. Apparently the outcome will be announced tomorrow - I'm not quite sure what was so complex about uttering the term gypsy boy on live TV, but something must have been.

Also, Marler gets off for giving Evans one in the face, so apparently that's not a red card offence either these days - which is funny, as I've seen plenty of reds given for it. The proud record of consistency in rugby's disciplinary halls still stands, glory be.

If hearing Marler calling Lee a Gypsy boy makes people watching think they are ok to racially abuse people then I would say the collective opinion of the rugby watching community is we are all mindless idiots with no clue about right or wrong

It was just a bit of BANTER, but you couldn't let it go, could you?

George North is a superb rugby player who plays for Wales. I'm green with envy as I think he is world class and know he learned his trade in the same country he learned his Welsh.

I know his dad is from Yorkshire and his mother from Wales and that he was born in Kings Lynn and moved to Anglesey when he was two, blah blah blah.

It was a joke, OK? .......ffs

Fer gods sake dont offend another Welshman:eek:
:redcard::rolleyes:

Calling someone "Gypsy boy" is NOT banter. It's using their ethnic background in an attempt to degrade and insult that person. It's like calling someone a "black boy" or a "yellow boy" then claiming "banter" when clearly they've attempted to insult the person through their ethnicity. Hopefully he should be punished accordingly.

It's using their ethnic background in an attempt to degrade and insult that person.
It's not, though. He's called him it because he lives in a caravan.
Lee's family are gypsies by choice, not because they're Roma.

The point of punishing Marler isn't that Lee might or might not have been offended.

The point is to try and dissuade all of those from watching from thinking abusing people by use of racial epithets is ok and thinking that it's ok in rugby.

Fair enough anyone who doesn't agree with that aim, but Lee's views are relatively unimportant to the matter.

Meanwhile, I'd just like to say that I'm utterly thrilled to find this event still dominating rugby news four days after the match. Apparently the outcome will be announced tomorrow - I'm not quite sure what was so complex about uttering the term gypsy boy on live TV, but something must have been.

Also, Marler gets off for giving Evans one in the face, so apparently that's not a red card offence either these days - which is funny, as I've seen plenty of reds given for it. The proud record of consistency in rugby's disciplinary halls still stands, glory be.

This.
This this this.
When you have an audience, your capacity to be a ****bag, percieved or otherwise, shrinks by 99%. That Marler has escaped (on all counts) beggars belief.

This.
This this this.
When you have an audience, your capacity to be a ****bag, percieved or otherwise, shrinks by 99%. That Marler has escaped (on all counts) beggars belief.

He hasn't though has he,

"However, Marler remains under investigation for calling Samson Lee "gypsy boy" in the same match, with Six Nations officials stating that the outcome of the probe will be announced on Thursday morning.

Verbal abuse of a player based on religion, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or otherwise carries an entry-point sanction of four weeks, so Marler could still miss the Stade de France showdown."

Good Decision Marler not getting banned for that, otherwise if people analyzed all the rucks and mauls in every game there wouldnt be any forwards left to play!

Not Sure he will be so lucky on the next charge!

He hasn't though has he,

"However, Marler remains under investigation for calling Samson Lee "gypsy boy" in the same match, with Six Nations officials stating that the outcome of the probe will be announced on Thursday morning.

Verbal abuse of a player based on religion, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or otherwise carries an entry-point sanction of four weeks, so Marler could still miss the Stade de France showdown."

Cheers, I missed that element.

The gypsy community upset me when they camp on Heath land and leave it in a tip.

It upsets me more, when the tax payers money clears it up.

Nothing is going to happen about it though.

Latest posts