• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 World Rugby U20 Championship

He definitely looks better than that Owens kid from last year (who looked poor, TBH), but I've not seen all that much from him.

If Underhill was playing in England he wouldn't have a sniff.

Evans has been pretty brilliant for Tigers senior squad and easily held his own V Kvesic and Louw in the breakdown apparently Eddie Jones has been wanting training footage of him so def on the radar and as i have said before he was select for the AP SF ahead of Crane, Croft, Fonua, Not Underhill league ATM, but could see Haag doing a 6) Underhill, 7) Evans split if he was in the U20's.

Long way to go but really hopeful of him. Not many 19 year olds have made his sort of impact in the Tigers senior squad. In fact last ones i can remember where Manu and Ben Youngs.

I think you're seriously overplaying how well he's played for the Tigers senior sides.

I think you're seriously overplaying how well he's played for the Tigers senior sides.

Speak to other Tigers fans who have seen him play and you will know i am not.

I know i am guilty of hyping Tigers players but alot of the time it is in gest, but i do have very high hopes for this player.

Do i think he is Underhill standards nope, do i think he has a lot of potential certainly, do i think he will be Tigers starting 7 within the next 3 years yes.

I was looking at the fixtures, and it's got 5th place semi final - 8th place semi final, so are New Zealand and Australia already out?!

Yep. Ire v Arg and Eng v SA are the semis

Wow, to be honest I thought the Aussie lads were he most dangerous team in the comp this year and would have pulled it back in the playoffs..
I'm probably going to upset the apple cart here, but I felt the New Zealand boys were a bit arrogant and have been getting more and more arrogant/Cocky over the last few years, I know there an extremely proud rugby nation, but these lads have to realise how important this championship is in the development of there country's Rugby, even a great rugby nation like New Zealand.. It's just my opinion and it might be a miss sight by me, buts that's my thoughts..

On the one hand, New Zealand aren't getting arrogant - they always have been.
On the other hand, no Englishman is allowed to call anyone from anywhere else arrogant - ever; it's just one of the laws of Rugby that all Englanders are arrogant, and can never accuse anyone else of that - same goes for winging.

I'm wishing that I never joked about Malinder having beautiful hair and wearing make-up.....now we have to play against him in the semi's.....doesn't sound that funny anymore.

On the one hand, New Zealand aren't getting arrogant - they always have been.
On the other hand, no Englishman is allowed to call anyone from anywhere else arrogant - ever; it's just one of the laws of Rugby that all Englanders are arrogant, and can never accuse anyone else of that - same goes for winging.

I was generalising the whole of NZ rugby, the 1stXV and there provincial sides are amongst the most respectful players in the game, i was purely referring to the U20's sides over past few years..

no Englishman is allowed to call anyone from anywhere else arrogant - ever; it's just one of the laws of Rugby that all Englanders are arrogant, and can never accuse anyone else of that - same goes for winging.
Damn ****ing straight!

Can't believe we're even bothering talking about NZ here, do they still play rugby? I thought it was going extinct over there after the man shaming Ireland have them... It could get ugly when we beat 'em in Chicago.

Think it will be England vs Ireland in final. Would make my day if it could be SA vs Ire, but I just don't see us beating England. Arg could give Ireland a go, but I think Ireland will win a close game.

To be fair, winning an age grade semi final probably will be the best thing that's ever happened in Irish rugby history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Ireland_rugby_union_tour_of_Australia Apparently that was a big deal... Been there, done that.
TBF getting into the SF of a World cup is the greatest thing to ever happen to Irish Sport.

TBF qualifying for the U20 World Championship is the best thing that's ever happened to Ireland.
attachment.php

This isn't even our best stuff, one of them is arguably our worst...

Attachments

• bono.jpg
    bono.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts