• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 World Rugby U20 Championship

The SA-Japan clash is on at an uncomfortable time for me. I'll have to read the match summary. Don't think it should be close as surely we are now warned when it comes to all things Japanese rugby-wise!?!

It's on at 16:00 local time. I think the Baby Boks will look for retribution for what happened to the senior team.

Is it me or do Georgia have like 4/5 players who was in the senior World Cup squad?
They've a few senior caps alright. Their 9 was the youngest player at the world cup.

Only their 9 Vasil Lobzhanidze played the RWC and is already capped 15 times with the senior team
Tighthead prop Giorgi Melikidze played 2 games in the last 6 Nations B, against Germany and Russia and also few Top14 games for Stade Français
Number8 Beka Gorgadze got 7 caps, he played all 6 Nations B games this season, starting the "final" against Romania. Was in the extented squad for the RWC but didn't made the break. He is also a regular starter for Stade Montois in ProD2
Flanker Otar Giorgadze was also in the extented squad for the RWC. He also earned 2 caps, against Emerging Italy and Emerging Ireland last Tbilisi Cup
Another player who was in the extented RWC squad was fullback Irakli Svanidze (1 cap, against Emerging Ireland)
Flanker Giorgi Javakhia is not capped but played 4 ProD2 games for the champion Lyon this season.

So either
SA V Japan on Sky sports
or
France V Argentina on World rugby stream

Going with SA V Japan first game unless SA dominate then i will switch to France V Argentina

- - - Updated - - -

Shocking attendance but no surprise for a 3:00 Tuesday game.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn SA 6. Davids with a big run to score first try.

Shocking tackling.

Japan in for a second try. Playing very well so far.

Another try for Japan, Moeakiola (Spelling) brilliant take in the air.

Lovely cross kick by the Japanese Fly Half.

14-7.

- - - Updated - - -

and a SA Yellow Card.

- - - Updated - - -

Hat trick for the japanese winger

- - - Updated - - -

Now SA have scored a try and Japan have been given a YC.

14-19 Japan.

France 8-6 Argentina. France should be further ahead but wasted a few chances.

Thought the Japanese yellow was a very poor call - the SA player jumped into the tackle. Should have been a penalty turnover

The fact that in the next move the one player could hurdle one of the defenders shows you the defense tactics. The yellow card was for diving at the knees without attempting to wrap arms. Fair yellow card.

SA out of the gates in the second half.

Nice try.

Davids been making lots of metres.

19 - 21 SA

Davids with a second try.

`19 - 28

Ward scores for SA.

SA have some very athletic players but lacking the skillset ATM.

Last edited:
That tackle from the SA centre (captain) was absolutely massive.

What a try !!!!

Argentina 24 - France 15

75 minutes

Go Pumitas!!!

Where is Ataata Moeakiola from?? He doesnt look like an average Japanese lol

Latest posts