• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2017 British & Irish Lions Squad Announcement

I was about to kick off then when they announced Mako before Billy, thought he was missing for a second!

Good for Leinster that, a few boys will be feeling very hard done by and will be up to face Clermont. JD2 and Te'o ahead of Ringrose and Moriarty ahead of Heaslip will go down swimmingly I'm sure!

Backs: Good apart from Biggar (Russell or Ford should be going) wonder how the speculation Joseph wasn't selected start. I'd rather we didn't take Te'o I don't know what he brings.
Forwards: As expected bit surprised we are taking 3 English locks.

Minor gripe: 2 Scottish players but 9 Welsh (rough count that I haven't double checked), I think many Welsh are there on past glories rather than current ones.

At least the backs don't look like a bunch of hulking Warrenball players.

Well no real surprises for me. Not sure about Bigger but otherwise its hard to argue with that selection unless your looking at things from a partisan point of view.

Backs: Good apart from Biggar (Russell or Ford should be going) wonder how the speculation Joseph wasn't selected start. I'd rather we didn't take Te'o I don't know what he brings.
Forwards: As expected bit surprised we are taking 3 English locks.

Minor gripe: 2 Scottish players but 9 Welsh (rough count that I haven't double checked), I think many Welsh are there on past glories rather than current ones.

At least the backs don't look like a bunch of hulking Warrenball players.

I think it was 12 Welsh actually

16 English
12 Welsh
11 Irish
2 Scottish

Only two Scottish, they definitely deserve to feel aggrieved about that. Overall it looks alright but I wouldn't have taken Moriaty(I like him but he's not ready yet), O'Brien (Would have taken Hamish Watson instead), Dan Biggar (not the best 10 in Wales), Halfpenny (Not best 15 in Wales) and Teo (A few others who offer something a bit more).

HAHA!

Roberts over JJ. How we were duped.

With the squad picked we can definitely field our first choice 23. No glaring omissions, some questionable decisions, but with a lack of Scots on the panel means some decent players missing out like Russel, the Grays, Watson :/

The bias towards Welsh players is hard to overlook. Two 6N wins and yet twelve Welsh players on the plane.

Glad Seymore made it as well. Good under the high ball and scores tries. Also Big squad 41 players.

Yeah I think so Muffin. Its got some questionable calls but it's still a good squad.

I don't know. There is something missing that I can't quite figure out. I wasn't actually in favour of Ringrose but being honest looking at it I do think maybe he should go. If JJ is off form the rest have no spark as centres.

Did anyone notice the pause before he read out Jonathan Joseph? We knew it was alphabetical, and he definitely paused when it was either JJ or would he go to Hogg...

Latest posts