• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: Scotland vs. Ireland (04/02/2017)

Wow the craziest stat I've see. In 17 years. Scotlands record in Rd 1 of 6 Nations is Played 17. Won 1. That's mad

It's a deserved stat. The management of the game and adjustment to the professional era has been light years behind our neighbours and we've focused on "Scottish eligible" players rather than making any attempt to nurture talent domestically. Obviously something positive happened in Scottish rugby 5-10 years ago and now we are producing our own decent talent rather than simply poaching other countries' rejects.

You're forgetting that we won later.

Edit: Actually, you're forgetting 2000.

I honestly don't understand either of those explanations

Edit: I'm being a retard. I thought it said Played 17, Lost 17, Won 1. Ignore the retard people

Last edited:
It's a deserved stat. The management of the game and adjustment to the professional era has been light years behind our neighbours and we've focused on "Scottish eligible" players rather than making any attempt to nurture talent domestically. Obviously something positive happened in Scottish rugby 5-10 years ago and now we are producing our own decent talent rather than simply poaching other countries' rejects.

Still it is a horrific stat. Like I know there's been bad years but usually you get the good start once every 5 years even. Like Italians have better record. Must add it means nothing today and being in Edinburgh last night (sickened I'm not there today) there is confidence in Scottish fans about today

Glad to have Pauly doing punditry now... listened to him on the radio preview and he added a lot.

Shame WP Nel is out, him and Furlong are both likely to go on the tour. Russell, Seymour and Hogg hopefully show something to make Gatland pick them.

is that the sun, i thought that didn't peak through until june at earliest

ROG not holding back on rte
"Hopefully Ireland hammer them for way they are carrying on during week. All talk with nothing to back it up. Maybe do work on field first then talk"

I'd love it if Ireland lost this, but I can't bring myself to support Scotland.
A draw would be grand.

so scotland has just accepted the stereotypes and have just moved onto self-parody now right?

and ireland, that was meant for a movie scene but the film got scrapped and ireland hopped on it

Latest posts