• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 4 (13/10/2018)

The two main problems with the Scarlets today were: (1) The ridiculous selection of Angus O'Brien as starting fly-half - had Dan Jones started instead then chances are it woud've been a whole lot better. (2) Halfpenny's wayward kicking (more generally, I am sure his kicking at both club and country level has deteriorated a lot since he got injured in that RWC warm-up match three years ago).

The two main problems with the Scarlets today were: (1) The ridiculous selection of Angus O'Brien as starting fly-half - had Dan Jones started instead then chances are it'd be a whole lot better. (2) Halfpenny's wayward kicking (more generally, I am sure his kicking at both club and country level has deteriorated a lot since he got injured in that RWC warm-up match three years ago).

I thought May broke his arm the other week?

I mean obviously he didn't, but I'm sure I heard that

Scarlets love putting a player massively offside lying on the floor so he doesn't get penalised, but right in the way of any one out runners

Referees positioning has been terrible as well, Youngs has had to check his runs/passes several times to avoid collisions

If Cole couldn't scrummage he would be out in the mines or something.

Him and youngs resting on former glories.

(Although winning scrums is a big thing for a prop I guess).

Scarlets love putting a player massively offside lying on the floor so he doesn't get penalised, but right in the way of any one out runners

Referees positioning has been terrible as well, Youngs has had to check his runs/passes several times to avoid collisions

Surely the solution is to not check his runs and allow a collision or 2? There is gamesmanship and then there is allowing something to happen when a player is taking the **** and blocking your options as they know they can get away with it.

Also I don't understand why players can see a person wasn't held in the tackle but just watch them on the floor hoping they will play nice and not just get up and run again.

I really hope Youngs tweaks his hamstring getting out of bed the week before the Autumn Internationals.

Hilariously awful kick and then nobody making any effort to get into position in defence.

May adding 9 to his list of positions he can play, although he preferred 7.

Not normally a May fan but his performance tonight has been outstanding.
Still think that Tuilagi should play at IC for England to get the carrying closer to support, which would mean straight choice between Ford and Farrell.

Still think that Tuilagi should play at IC for England to get the carrying closer to support, which would mean straight choice between Ford and Farrell.

I'd love if if youse did that.

It'd mean that the only thing your OC would be doing would be trying to clear rucks and that your back three might as well sit on the sideline and put their feet up.

Tuilagi's handling and passing isn't up to playing IC, it's been tried before and failed before. He's better kept in the wider channel further away from the opposition back row.

Latest posts