• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 4 (13/10/2018)

Think that game is pretty consistent with the Tiger's season so far. Tbh it's probably a bonus they didn't concede a 4th. I can't see either team making the quarters as I feel they will both win some and lose some and neither getting close to the points needed to progress.

I'd love if if youse did that.

It'd mean that the only thing your OC would be doing would be trying to clear rucks and that your back three might as well sit on the sideline and put their feet up.

Tuilagi's handling and passing isn't up to playing IC, it's been tried before and failed before. He's better kept in the wider channel further away from the opposition back row.
But with twin playmaker it doesn't give the width to the attack, tell him that he is playing IC and he has got competition from Te'o for starting role, Slade or Losowski at OC keeps 2 playmakers, but the split means more width.

Mad disappointed that the tmo can't speak English because I know Nige can and I do like to hear what the refs are saying.
Welsh people unable to speak the queens English and an ulster team displaying a style of rugby akin to watching a game of Fenian kickball. What has the world come to.

Really disappointed with the way Scarlets played in the final quarter. Despite not playing their best, they put themselves in a position midway through the second half to win that game against a Leicester side low on confidence, but a couple of mistakes (and some very good direct rugby from Leicester) and they capitulated instead.

They we're lucky to make it out of their group last year after a poor start, but i doubt it will happen again this year, especially after butchering the chance of a bonus point at the end.

They've been below their best this season, and it shows more than anything that the strength in depth isn't there. They miss James Davies when he's not there, same with Patchell and McNicholl. Doesn't help that Staff Evans is nowhere near his best either. Parkes has been way too quiet as well.

Nigel Owens being crap like always

Yep, but so is Leicester's defense as usual. I genuinely wonder what tactics they use as they don't seem to adapt to what other players do. After the restart Will Spencer left a huge gap as the defenders outside him went to tackle the ball carrier. Should he have moved to close the gap (which Racing went through via the offload) or should the players have held the defensive line better?Either way it happens far to regularly and racing will keep making plenty of ground.

14 men against this racing are always going to struggle.

The fact is this all started becuase Nigel said racing lost then changed his mind at the last second.

14 men against this racing are always going to struggle.

The fact is this all started becuase Nigel said racing lost then changed his mind at the last second.

Yeah, but even with 15 Racing were finding plenty of gaps. My concern is that Leicester's defence has been pretty bad for a while even before Murphy took over, so is it the players not sticking to the plan, players not being able to adapt to the opposition or poor coaching, because Leicester have the worst defensive record in the premiership this year by a long way and I don't see any real improvement at all.

Leicester aren't going to win, even if Nigel does a good job and refs fairly and consistently.

Having said that, Nigel just helped Racing get the turnover there by standing in the way...

Latest posts