• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Scotland vs South Africa (17/11/18)

Had as much chance of catching that kick with one hand as LaRue, who got carded? Consistency rears its head again.

Just me, or do some refs spend the Sin Bin minutes trying to rectify what they might think was a harsh decision in favour of the side down a man? Human nature?

Fair play that was a huge DG!
Didn't have the accuracy but he had the distance +10m more!

how is the number 8 on hos own feet there? Elbows all over the ground and simply bridging.

Strange game of two halves. Positives for Scotland is that the packs didn't look totally mismatched, but that was a gilt edge chance to beat the Boks and, if you take away the clever lineout try, Scotland never really threatened for the victory.

Good game that, 'nice' rugby at times, 'grind' at others. Scotland are a fine side, SA had to dig deep.

Good game of rugby first half about the razzle dazzle, second half much more of a grind, our breakdown players and scrums the difference. Scotland have got themselves a fan for the WC next year! Jones and Hogg are crazy good.
Also hats off the young Papier on his first start, ran a great support line, all but one of his box kicks were good.
Pollard had a cracker but still doesn't pass much haha, I'm liking Elton in the 22 jersey to add another dimension to our play in the last 30 minutes. Duane was big.

Respect to Scotland. I know they have been in something of an unbeaten run at home for quite a while. But really the only way for me to judge their strength is when they play a team I follow, with players I know. After they played the Springboks I have a much bette idea of their side and they are very good. This is not the Scotland I know, they honestly used to be rugby pushovers comparable to Italy.

Scotland is on the rise! Very happy with the win, now Wales .

I know a lot of people give RE most of the credit in the turnaround the springboks have experienced over the last 6 months, and i think he deserves a lot of it. However, the impact Pollard has had has been nothing short of immense. And not just on defence. The sprinboks went from praying the opposition didn't target Jantijes to having Pollard not only tackling his guy 9/10 (and when he misses it's never the opposing fly half) but breaking the line regularly on offence. He is incredibly good at it and he not only brings meters in, but even more importantly he creates a lot of space for his centres. Opposing centres have to be on their toes every-single-bloody-time preparing themselves to cover for their fly halves in case Pollard targets him. It works wonders.
He's had a bad kicking game every now and then, but nothing too bad, and he's improving.
He does get credit, but not enough imo.

I watched the match again yesterday and the Bok forwards were actually quite dominate. The Scots couldn't really get anything going through their forwards. Besides a couple of good hits in the beginning, the Bok forwards won the collisions and more or less took control of the pace of the match. We've now got the kind of personnel who not many, if any, opposition can get the better of physically. Kitshoff (best loosehead in the world at the moment?), Marx, Etzebeth, Vermeulen, PS du Toit namely.
It pleases me endless to see the green juggernaut of old return to its former glory.

Like previous posters have mentioned, this victory at Murrayfield is a sweet one because Scots can roll anybody these days. There are some absolute dangermen in that backline. Many Saffas know Huw Jones is pure class so seeing him in the lineup already made me jumpy. Hogg was the best back after Pollard I thought.

Maybe I watched a different game, or maybe my hatred for Poite is just more than what others have for him. I thought he was absolutely dire. And nearly cost us the game.

First that try of Scotland from the lineout. Is that a legal move? The flanker who scored the try, wasn't part of the lineout, and he wasn't in the position of a jumper, he was basically standing behind the jumper when the lineout started, and in line with the scrumhalf, and then ran just after the jumper went into the line. To me that constitutes that he wasn't part of the lineout???

Willie Le Roux's yellow card. Wasn't the rules changed that it's deliberate when the hand movement goes downward constituting a slap-down, more than an attempt to catch the ball? I agree that Willie wasn't maybe in the best position to catch it, but that was clearly his intention, from the replay, he started his run even before the pass was made, and his hand went upwards in trying to get the ball.

The Scrums. What a shambles, We smashed them on several occasions, yet Poite felt the need to share in giving the penalties to both sides. That one scrum, not a single Scottish backrow remained bound as they were travelling back, but he gave them the penalty. It was clear that Dell was suffering against Koch.

As for the rucks. I guess this is the one area, where we got it right from playing in games where Poite is in charge, his more "free-for-all" approach when it comes to rucks played into our hands, where our guys went in to get the ball even after a second player has joined the ruck.

Enough about the doos.

Well deserved MOTM award for Pollard. He was the general on the field and made the correct calls, and it was clearly a plan to keep it more with the forwards than spreading it wide and risk the turnovers. I think his partnership with Papier was just great for a first outing together, and I am glad they will continue this partnership at the Bulls. It was also Pollard's first game at Murrayfield.

Kolisi is still not where he was in the beginning of the year, and he should be very lucky they missed his headbutt incident, he should've gotten a red card for that.

Happy with the win, it was a much better performance than in France a week ago, so here's hoping the improvement continues.

Enough about the doos.

Yea i also don't like him one bit, same with Garces the French don't seem to like us, we are always on the wrong side of all their calls.

Fckn world rugby keeps giving them our matches to ref.

Latest posts