• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Six Nations] England Squad

Not sure why people seem surprised Isiekwe is big. He's built and plays like a strong dude. The opposite of Lawes.

Does he still qualify for the under 20's
There are some daft eligibility rules, but a teenager not being eligible for U20 would be right up there.....

He turns 20 in April, but has much bigger fish to fry than age group.

From the horse's mouth, Isiekwe confirms those Wikipedia numbers - 6' 7" and 120kg - and says he's looking to bulk up more. Different type of player, but I think he'll become a better lock than Itoje.

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/lat...-of-other-england-locks-says-bulking-isiekwe/

He doesn't seem in the same league as Itoje imo . Itoje is an incredibly intelligent rugby player and an extreme athlete . No one in world rugby can steal line outs without being lifted like he can

Saying that I do think he's a great player and I'm chuffed he plays for us put it that way !

He doesn't seem in the same league as Itoje imo . Itoje is an incredibly intelligent rugby player and an extreme athlete . No one in world rugby can steal line outs without being lifted like he can

Saying that I do think he's a great player and I'm chuffed he plays for us put it that way !

I said potentially a better lock, not better rugby player! Remain convinced that Itoje's really a back rower. Even taken to wondering if his long term position might be 8. His physique and explosiveness would seem to lend themselves perfectly. It's also a position where you tend to get highly involved talismanic players - Parisse, Read, Faletau, Picamoles, Binny etc. Not that I want to start that debate again, it'll be Ford and Faz before we know it!

And why don't emojis work from my phone?

I said potentially a better lock, not better rugby player! Remain convinced that Itoje's really a back rower. Even taken to wondering if his long term position might be 8. His physique and explosiveness would seem to lend themselves perfectly. It's also a position where you tend to get highly involved talismanic players - Parisse, Read, Faletau, Picamoles, Binny etc. Not that I want to start that debate again, it'll be Ford and Faz before we know it!

And why don't emojis work from my phone?
Really not sure on him playing 8. A permanent move to 6, yes, potentially but 8... I've never really seen this explosiveness you speak of. He seems much too... spindly to play 8.

Really not sure on him playing 8. A permanent move to 6, yes, potentially but 8... I've never really seen this explosiveness you speak of. He seems much too... spindly to play 8.

Agree, potentially a world class 6 but never gonna be a world class 8.

I think this pretty much sums up why Eddie continues in picking the likes of Mike Brown and Chris Robshaw -

Itoje wouldn't be half the player he is if Mike Brown wasn't there to hold his hand

More the picking 13 out of 15 that he knows will perform at 7/10 every game. It could maybe be argued that Brown hasn't been consistently at 7/10 but it may be EJ's rationale atleast.

19113689_752138398300085_129330551351188820_n.jpg

Robshaw, Brown and Nowell all supposedly fit for selection against Italy now. I'd expect the 1st two to slot straight back into the 15 with Nowell probably in the 23 shirt.

Robshaw, Brown and Nowell all supposedly fit for selection against Italy now. I'd expect the 1st two to slot straight back into the 15 with Nowell probably in the 23 shirt.

Its Robshaw Brown and Itoje from what I've heard? Nothing has come my way yet re Nowell recovering

Its Robshaw Brown and Itoje from what I've heard? Nothing has come my way yet re Nowell recovering

Forget where I first saw it, but BBC has the following from an interview with Jones today.

"Jack Nowell has made a miraculous recovery from injury, and he will be fit to be in contention for selection," Jones added.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42878238

Fair play then! 4 doubtful injuries (5 if you include Te'o) is pretty handy for England

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown and Robshaw rested for the Italian game.

Latest posts