• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Six Nations] England Squad

I can see Brown coming straight back in at 15, but with the way May played in the AI's, bit harsh to replace him with Nowell?

If Brown plays in this we might as well accept that he'll be first choice in Japan.

Nowell hasn't done enough to displace May or Watson.

Im actually quite excited to see Nowell at 13 over the next few weeks. I remember him playing there against Tigers a few years back and causing havoc. Haskell over Armand is still giving me nightmares....Probably the worst decision since Burgess.

Im actually quite excited to see Nowell at 13 over the next few weeks. I remember him playing there against Tigers a few years back and causing havoc. Haskell over Armand is still giving me nightmares....Probably the worst decision since Burgess.
Especially as his own club doesn't want him!

If Nowell doesnt start or get a run out at 13 against Italy, i dont see it happening at all this 6 nations. I thought this idea just came from Steve Hanson mentioning it a while back?

If Nowell doesnt start or get a run out at 13 against Italy, i dont see it happening at all this 6 nations. I thought this idea just came from Steve Hanson mentioning it a while back?

Or Iddi Jiines naming him as an Inside back in the squad.

15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Ben Te'o, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Jonny May, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs;
1 Mako Vunipola, 2 Dylan Hartley, 3 Dan Cole, 4 Joe Launchbury, 5 Maro Itoje, 6 Courtney Lawes, 7 Chris Robshaw, 8 Sam Simmonds

16 Jamie George, 17 Alec Hepburn, 18 Harry Williams, 19 George Kruis, 20 Sam Underhill, 21 Danny Care, 22 Jonathan Joseph, 23 Jack Nowell.

No real surprises except from Teo, being thrown straight back into the mix. Inexperienced but strong front row cover!

Mike Haywood MOM for saints last night and apparently fans choice for No.1 hooker.
It could become embarrasing for EJ when Hartley isnt starting for Saints end of this season/next season.
This idiocy needs to end.

Mike Haywood MOM for saints last night and apparently fans choice for No.1 hooker.
It could become embarrasing for EJ when Hartley isnt starting for Saints end of this season/next season.
This idiocy needs to end.

Totally agree, we need LCD to step it up and push him down to 3rd choice. Have more than enough time to get LCD to international level.

Its a position we will have good depth in, george/LCD both strong carriers, then have hartley who is solid as 3rd choice for the easier games of the RWC and dunn as injury if required.

Same as what i want to see for brown, develop watson but keeping brown in the squad as next choice and to rest players knowing he will do a damn good job even at his age.

Imagine this....

1. Mako
2. George
3. Sinkler
4. Launcbury
5. Itoje
6. Underhill
7. Simmonds
8. Billy

9. Care
10. Ford
11. Daly
12. Farrell
13. JJ
14. Nowell
15 Watson

(we could almost field that now without Billy & Daly)

Genge, LCD, Williams, Lawes, B Curry, Youngs, Slade, Tuilagi

Then extended EPS (or WC squad) to include

Marler, Hartley, Cole, Ewels, Kruis, T Curry, Hughes, Robshaw, Robson, Smith, Te'o, May, Earle

2 years out, a lot of the young players in the EPS have experience in it, and have caps already. We don't need to find a place for Brown, or Hask in the squad, hell we could replace Hartley with Dunn, and Cole with Brookes maybe? We have 20 odd games between now and the WC and we should be working on players with a higher ceiling, and 2 years of international rugby for some of these current reserves and they would surpass the incumbents current ability.

Ps. Bored, still a day before the England game. Sorry for spamming :D

Tommy Taylor is fit again for wasps,
Give him a couple of weeks and he'll be reminding everyone that the only thing lcd excels at is terrible hair choices

Totally agree, we need LCD to step it up and push him down to 3rd choice. Have more than enough time to get LCD to international level.

Its a position we will have good depth in, george/LCD both strong carriers, then have hartley who is solid as 3rd choice for the easier games of the RWC and dunn as injury if required.

Same as what i want to see for brown, develop watson but keeping brown in the squad as next choice and to rest players knowing he will do a damn good job even at his age.

He's taking his time getting there but i still think LCD will be first choice come the WC.
If it wasn't for all his injuries/operations at inopportune times......

He's taking his time getting there but i still think LCD will be first choice come the WC.
If it wasn't for all his injuries/operations at inopportune times......
1st choice is ambitious. Hartley will 100% be kept 1st choice until the RWC; I think it's time that people just accept that that'll be the case, whether it should be or not. It's not like Jones is waiting for George to be ready; he started 3 tests for the Lions, he's as ready as he's going to be, it's just that Hartley is Jones' captain and will continue to be so. After the RWC I expect to see George start and LCD to take the 16 shirt as a ball-carrying finisher.

1st choice is ambitious. Hartley will 100% be kept 1st choice until the RWC; I think it's time that people just accept that that'll be the case, whether it should be or not. It's not like Jones is waiting for George to be ready; he started 3 tests for the Lions, he's as ready as he's going to be, it's just that Hartley is Jones' captain and will continue to be so. After the RWC I expect to see George start and LCD to take the 16 shirt as a ball-carrying finisher.

A lot can change in 20 months.

Would like itoje being moulded into the captain in the next cpuple of years, young but passionate, a prem/European champion since starting for england, first name on the team sheet and i think the team would put aside his age. That would free up that starting slot for george, LCD will not overtake george ypur right but he brings so much.

Latest posts