• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England Squad

Did Nowell and May actually swap wings?
I swear May was on the left and Nowell on the right all game

We might've still scored it. I'm not saying we should drop Daly, after yesterday he is worth persisting with, I'm just not wholly convinced by him and think him being at the back is a definite chink in our armour. It's just a case of balancing whether the risk is worth the reward (that being his attacking ability).

I think if EJ is going to persist, then just play him and let him get more experience. It's a shame Le Roux is leaving at the end of this season, because Daly might move there for Wasps after, but it will be too late for the world cup.

Did Nowell and May actually swap wings?
I swear May was on the left and Nowell on the right all game

Honestly not sure, I'm going from what was said in the build up. SCW was asked about it and if it would make a difference.

Think he meant pre-game; Nowell was named at 11 and May at 14.
Aye, that's what I mean - they were named on their wrong wings, pundits/media spoke about it a lot as a tactic pre game, and then they lined up in their usual positions.

Aye, that's what I mean - they were named on their wrong wings, pundits/media spoke about it a lot as a tactic pre game, and then they lined up in their usual positions.
Didn't May/Watson used to do the same?

Eddie should've swapped the numbers on the backs of Nowell and Curry, really ****** with some heads

Tbh you are right, May has always been on the left. Wouldn't surprise me if someone just screwed up printing out the team sheet. Having said that May needed to be there as his aerial work was superb.

Just number them 1-15 by height

Ah, but do you start with the smallest and end with the biggest or the other way round? What about during the anthems, how about the poor cameraman? Is it easier to go up as he goes along or down?

In the same way we might've scored it if I was playing.
Just to clarify, you are referring to May's try where Faz passed to Daly then Daly took it forward and passed to May before contact, yes? To point blank say that Brown would be incapable of that is ridiculous.

If your instead referring to England's second try when Daly grubbered it through, Nowell chased and Daly touched it down then I agree, that wouldn't have happened had Brown been on the pitch instead of Daly.

Just to clarify, you are referring to May's try where Faz passed to Daly then Daly took it forward and passed to May before contact, yes? To point blank say that Brown would be incapable of that is ridiculous.

Incapable, no, incredibly unlikely to based on his entire career, yes.

So on to next week vs france, af different challenge entirely, a much bigger pack but less mobile. Will be another bruising encounter. I dont think mako should start this one or sinkler, swap the props, start launchbury lawes and the same back row

But bring on hughes and kruis from the bench early. Same backs to give manu slade another shot, and let tha back line gel, screw teo he can stay out.

Thats my opinion sure some will disagree. Same team, swap a few and so they are fresh for wales.

I wouldn't make too many changes for next week:
1. Genge - He's in pretty desperate need of experience before the World Cup and Mako deserves a rest after his shift yesterday. To think that we're only one injury to Mako away from going into the World Cup with Genge, Moon and Hepburn as our looshead options really is not a comforting thought.
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Launchbury - Just a straight swap for Itoje, Lawes is more effective off the bench.
5. Kruis
6. Wilson
7. Curry
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Farrell
11. May
12. Tuilagi
13. Slade
14. Nowell
15. Daly

16. LCD - Would give him a reasonable amount of game time; he could do with the experience.
17. Vunipola
18. Williams
19. Lawes
20. Hughes - Would rather have Mercer, Dombrandt and a handful of other back rowers ahead of him but none are in the squad, so Hughes will remain.
21. Robson - Get him on early this game, he desperately needs the experience.
22. Ford
23. Ashton (When's Cokonasiga back? I'd put him in the 23 shirt as soon as he's available)

I wouldn't make too many changes for next week:
1. Genge - He's in pretty desperate need of experience before the World Cup and Mako deserves a rest after his shift yesterday. To think that we're only one injury to Mako away from going into the World Cup with Genge, Moon and Hepburn as our looshead options really is not a comforting thought.
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Launchbury - Just a straight swap for Itoje, Lawes is more effective off the bench.
5. Kruis
6. Wilson
7. Curry
8. Vunipola
9. Youngs
10. Farrell
11. May
12. Tuilagi
13. Slade
14. Nowell
15. Daly

16. LCD - Would give him a reasonable amount of game time; he could do with the experience.
17. Vunipola
18. Williams
19. Lawes
20. Hughes - Would rather have Mercer, Dombrandt and a handful of other back rowers ahead of him but none are in the squad, so Hughes will remain.
21. Robson - Get him on early this game, he desperately needs the experience.
22. Ford
23. Ashton (When's Cokonasiga back? I'd put him in the 23 shirt as soon as he's available)
Pretty much the same though id also put sinks to the bench and start mako sinks vs wales. When is hartley back?

So on to next week vs france, af different challenge entirely, a much bigger pack but less mobile. Will be another bruising encounter. I dont think mako should start this one or sinkler, swap the props, start launchbury lawes and the same back row

But bring on hughes and kruis from the bench early. Same backs to give manu slade another shot, and let tha back line gel, screw teo he can stay out.

Thats my opinion sure some will disagree. Same team, swap a few and so they are fresh for wales.

You lost all credibility when you said bring Hughes on early.

You lost all credibility when you said bring Hughes on early.
Dw that was more of a rest billy than a bring hughes on. Game dependant obv. Ive no love for a man who learned his breakdoen skills for Haskell. This french team will be tough so bring on hughes rest billy so we srnt stuck with a broken billy and 80 min of hughes for Wales.

Dw that was more of a rest billy than a bring hughes on. Game dependant obv. Ive no love for a man who learned his breakdoen skills for Haskell. This french team will be tough so bring on hughes rest billy so we srnt stuck with a broken billy and 80 min of hughes for Wales.

Fair enough. If we play like we did this week and bringing Hughes on won't harm the game then ok. Unfortunately there are still a couple of squad players I'm worried will feature next week, especially if they recover from injury.

At least Haskell could hit hard. I just don't see what Hughes brings in any aspect of the game. His defence is passive, carrying is extremely weak for a guy of his size, he's not a lineout option, not powerful off the base of the scrum, doesn't have good handling skills, can't clear out or secure ruck ball... Literally it seems the only thing keep him in the team is a bigger number when he steps on the scales, coming from the other side of the planet and that he ran over Ford 2 or 3 times in a club game 3 years ago.

Latest posts