• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] England vs Ireland (12/03/22)

Slightly surprised to see Randall get the nod again. Fair play to Jones on that.

Just all a bit underwhelming really. Yours to lose, Ire.

How many Eng players would get in a combined team?
Genge, probably George all else equal, Itoje, Curry. Lawes and Slade are playing very different roles to their opposite number. Randall and JGP much of a muchness.

Benches are stylistically very similar bar 23.

It's interesting that Ireland seem to pay so much attention to natural left and right wingers, yet England/EJ seem to not really care. Malins plays 11 whenever he plays wing for his club, and Nowell's always been a 14 and yet for England they swap sides (to both of their detriment, IMO).

Selection as expected but I really don't see us winning with that selection. I'm sure Eddie's terrible tactics will produce some brilliance but I think we are going to lose.

Based on the squad that's about expected. I'm with most, Ireland's to lose.

I can see that England team potentially being able to cause an upset, I just don't think it's likely. We would need everything to click whilst I feel Ireland could struggle with all sorts of problems but still come out on top. Ireland by 10+ I think.

English pack much bigger and heavier man for man. Very worried by how lightweight our backrow is by comparison. Think in every row of the pack we give up a size advantage. Really worried about this one now, my first England game since moving to London so we better win!

As expected except Randall I'm glad we appear to finally realising its time to cut him loose.

Ireland should win this, we have a home factor so don't think there will much more than a score in it if we were playing in Dublin I'd be worried how much we'd lose by. One eye on the France game that feels like in Paris will be a humiliating loss.

English pack much bigger and heavier man for man. Very worried by how lightweight our backrow is by comparison. Think in every row of the pack we give up a size advantage. Really worried about this one now, my first England game since moving to London so we better win!
Wouldn't worry about it, most of the heavier English players are really bad at making it count for anything.

"What I do know is they're red-hot favourites," said Jones this afternoon when asked about Andy Farrell's team.

"I went to the coffee shop yesterday and the girl says, 'That Irish team must be good, all their ex-players think they're going to win the game and all the ex-England players think they're going to win the game. They must be a pretty good team. How are you feeling?'

"I said, 'Just give me the coffee please.'"

Eddie reaching in to the land of make believe for his mind games this year I see! And people say he's an uncreative coach. I've come full circle to finding this stuff really endearing now for some reason. It's all part of the fixture.

Wouldn't worry about it, most of the heavier English players are really bad at making it count for anything.
It's also just… not true, I think? If club stats are to be believed then Healy > Genge, Sheehan > George, Furlong > Sinckler, Ryan > Ewels and Doris > Simmonds. Only 1v1s where England are heavier are at 4, 6 and 7.

It's also just… not true, I think? If club stats are to be believed then Healy > Genge, Sheehan > George, Furlong > Sinckler, Ryan > Ewels and Doris > Simmonds. Only 1v1s where England are heavier are at 4, 6 and 7.
Yeah, I don't think we're especially smaller at all. Skeptical Ryan is actually heavier than Ewels but definitely better at that heavy lock role.

And we're probably a decent bit bigger in the backs.

Those weights are a crapshoot to be honest. I wouldn't say there's a huge amount in it, but I would be surprised if George, Sinckler and Genge weren't heavier than their counterparts.

Those weights are a crapshoot to be honest. I wouldn't say there's a huge amount in it, but I would be surprised if George, Sinckler and Genge weren't heavier than their counterparts.
No way George or Stinkler are heavier. They're ~13cm and 9cm shorter.

Yeah Sheehan is definitely heavier than George given he's 6'3".

Healy's listed weight is definitely wrong though. He's spoken about how he's slimmed down to ~110kg in the last few years.

Latest posts