• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] England vs Ireland (12/03/22)

So I go away from the thread for a day and suddenly we're talking about balls. Well if that's the case my money is on quiet Joe Luanchbury having a pair of mighty cannonballs. Bloody well hope he swings em on Saturday

So I go away from the thread for a day and suddenly we're talking about balls. Well if that's the case my money is on quiet Joe Luanchbury having a pair of mighty cannonballs. Bloody well hope he swings em on Saturday
It's going to be great to see Launch back playing for England. Him and Courtney in the second row in 2013(?) was such a vibe.

Remember him tracking back to tap tackle an Argentinian winger making a break down the wing in 2014. Majestic.

Last edited:
So having said that I ignore everything Jones says…..

England are apparently going to pose Ireland the kind of physical challenge they haven't had for 5 years….basing it on Ire having not faced the Boks since 2017 while we somehow edged them last year. Strangely no mention of 2019 or anything remotely cerebral.

Chimes of the brutality we were going to inflict on Fra a couple of years ago. We were going to make sure they understood what test rugby is. Turns out they did and we, er, didn't.

Like I say I ignore everything he says but I bet the Irish will be quaking in their boots.

I can't wait for when POM scores the winning try off a lineout and Joey C pings it through the posts to seal the deal and I sip a few with my Brai celebrating.

1646993573492.png

Two well matched teams personnel wise (both with injuries).
Ireland in better form, England at home.
Should be a close game ,hope its not kick bore fest.
However fear it maybe.
To close to call, both could win
I think Jones is right that Ire will be more cohesive. Certainly in attack, which isn't to say that Smith or someone might not pull a rabbit out of a hat for us. But you'd have to think that Ire are more likely to do some damage through good execution of planned strategy / moves.

Won't have escaped Ire's notice that our half backs, for all their potential, are inexperienced in matches of this level. I'd be astounded if Ire don't try to get right in their faces early doors. Maybe POM has been given a mission.

Just read that Itoje has gone down unwell over night and is doubtful. Cockers isolating after testing positive for COVID.

Ireland to win. Pure class and aggression will carry them home.

79A0A66B-83B7-4DBD-8D60-5DC62FE808DD.jpeg
Saw this in the paper. Apparently a machine that finance types use to predict risk and the like for hedge funds has give this as the score for Saturday. May explain why the world of finance is totally f*****!! But wouldn't mind it being right.

This is it in a nutshell. Neither set of fans being comfortable with the favourite tag says enough really.
How are these teams well matched?! Ireland are on an 11 win streak, which includes NZ, only broken by a top quality French side at home. England couldn't even turn over Scotland, barely beat Wales, and although beat SA recently that was more down to them missing 12 points worth of pens the anything else. Add to that the fact that we are missing loads of our experience and normal starters and I think we're pretty buggered. This one is Ireland's to lose.

Ireland not wanting to the favourites tag is false modesty at best,
Compare comparative forms and results and only one side deserves the tag

The bookies have Ireland as favourites and they're not in the business of losing money

Where's it being said Itoje is out?! That would be a disaster for England!!
A doubt, a major doubt or really optimistic he'll play depending on where you read. This is a game where everyone needs to be right on it and how many of Itoje, Curry, Sinckler and Dombrandt will even be at 95%? Launch and Lawes are high class players but with very little recent rugby under their belts.

How are these teams well matched?! Ireland are on an 11 win streak, which includes NZ, only broken by a top quality French side at home. England couldn't even turn over Scotland, barely beat Wales, and although beat SA recently that was more down to them missing 12 points worth of pens the anything else. Add to that the fact that we are missing loads of our experience and normal starters and I think we're pretty buggered. This one is Ireland's to lose.
Personnel wise it's definitely fairly even, in terms of ceilings:

Genge > Healy
George > Sheehan
Itoje > Beirne
Lawes > POM
Curry > VdF
JGP = Randall
Slade > Aki
Steward = Keenan

Neither side is significantly more talented than the other at all. Form and coaching is definitely in our favour but we're away from home which has been a massive weakness of ours. If we win tomorrow England get added to a list of teams Farrell's Ireland has beaten away from home containing only Italy and Scotland.

Last I checked the bookies had.us as one point favourites, it's anyone's game.

Latest posts