• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Scotland vs France (26/02/22)

We praise DuPont right but Ntamack is also a wonderful fly half.

I agree, I just don't think that this victory makes me any more convinced of them winning the slam
They'd lost last two vs Scotland and relatively poor recent record at Murrayfield. Definitely were favourites for today but bookies thought by about three

Edit: Haven't won there since 2014

There you have it France will always switch off at least a match. This one is of zero consequence though.

Sport is cyclical, just feels like France are building a solid enough team not just for this 6N, but for next year's RWC, which is only going to get better. Momentum seems to be with them. Still, a long way to go to their ultimate goal. Win the 6N/GS first.

There you have it France will always switch off at least a match. This one is of zero consequence though.
Good to see at least a couple players upset though. I feel in the past they would have just shrugged it off

Scotland's back line is so deep but they're completely stationary when the ball comes out of the ruck. Then they're throwing the ball to the player instead of slightly in front for them to run on to it. Just kills their pace and momentum.

They get away with it sometimes with some individual footwork and skill but France defence making them look silly.

Dunno why Scotland are carrying this going.

Points Differnce?

Pride and table finish is still important for the unions and points diff will be important for that.

6th: £1m
5th: £1.5m
4th: 2m
3rd: £2.5m
2nd: £3.5m
Grand Slam: £6m
Points diff make no sense, pride less so when you've just scored.

Points diff make no sense, pride less so when you've just scored
Yeah, I guess reducing the deficit generally? Some of those players looked like they'd have been happy to kick it out and end the suffering but they were at home so couldn't haha.

France were way too good today. I don't think Scotland actually played that badly, France were just in a different league. 19 points was a fair margin. That was an imperious performance, particularly away from home. The Grand Slam is now not a possibility, It's a probability in my opinion. Can't see Wales or England stopping them.

10-12 behind with a 4 on 1 to walk in and take the lead and Harries screws it up. It was all to play for at that moment and France behind might have looked very different. Scotland are going nowhere unless they improve at centre. Bennett should have been getting a shot earlier than this. I assume Matt Scott and Duncan Taylor are past it? They had so many excellent centres peaking at the same time but now the cupboard is seemingly bare.

Also, they need to give Kinghorn gametime in the backline. The lad has been absolute quality in both running and distribution for a couple of years now and appears to have improved his defensive weakness. I also wonder if he could make an okay 13 in the ilk of a Matsushima (who can also play wing and fullback) or Hodge - or is he just to rangey and slight?

Nice to see a young Edinburgh native like Darge have a decent showing, but the Scots pack missing 5 starters showed a bit.

France, just lovely. The sort of pick me up and distraction that some of us in Europe needed this week.

Very frustrating from Scotland, French defence was superb and a bit of magic after scottish errors and the score line just got bigger and bigger.

Fagerson coughed up a lot of pings, needs to sort out his head he has a thing for losing concentration. Price needs time out I think White is more than a capable replacement.

Russel and Hogg are harder ones to replace, I don't like Kinghorn at 10 he isn't going to attack the line with that rangey stride. Hastings would be a better option.

Hogg just hasn't been so potent in recent times, hes been against some good defences admittedly. Harris made a mess of that pass although I would have expected Hogg to catch.

I can see France going well for a bit longer, although without the ball in the first half a better side could have punished them.

Latest posts