• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I'd like to say I'm surprised
Not sure if your comment relates to them exaggerating the details, but considering the guy's mother died in a car crash that was similar I can't imagine the trauma it brings. Regardless of whether there was a near collision or not, I imagine it felt far worse than it was because of his experiences.

Not sure if your comment relates to them exaggerating the details, but considering the guy's mother died in a car crash that was similar I can't imagine the trauma it brings. Regardless of whether there was a near collision or not, I imagine it felt far worse than it was because of his experiences.
It's just difficult to know what to believe at this point. Their spokesman saying it was a "near fatal collision" and the NYPD saying it was not and more like "chaos". Scary and traumatic for Harry - sure on a personal level because of Diana. But highlighting again the fallacies of being born into the Monarchy.

A cynic would say they are over elaborating. They still both have to keep up brand "Harry and Megan" over there and not lead a quiet life out of the public eye.

And even if Diana had survived she would have continued to have been hounded by the Paps for rest of her days and yes sadly history rhymes. And now No royal protection.

Last edited:
I shared it as it was breaking news and the detail hadn't come out. I agree though.

2 hours car chase versus 10 minutes in NYC traffic. Yep am sure we'll hear plenty more on this.

Echoes what I've been saying now, for many the "benefit" is ******* people off and/or causing harm to the "opposition". The anger and the damage are not an unfortunate side effect of trying to achieve something else now, they are being touted as the goal in and of themselves.

Something else imported from the American Right then - and not remotely surprising from the party of the culture war.

2 hours car chase versus 10 minutes in NYC traffic. Yep am sure we'll hear plenty more on this.
The BBC article is a mess of trying to understand what did and didn't happen and which part links up which timeline of events.

Like part of it reads the taxi driver was at the end of chase after they went to the police station but it also suggests they were on foot being hounded to begin with.

I've never been in a NYC taxi but I've been in plenty where I've been far from comfortable with how they drive.

Considering there is almost zero competition in the market and customers have no choice as to their water supplier, as well as the fact that water companies have spent years not investing in the situation properly, I think it's a joke they could even consider putting up prices to pay for this. If you are the only company providing this public service then you should not be able to put prices up just to maintain your profit margins, especially when you aren't doing your job properly in the first place.

Sounds like it's been massively over-egged by their PR people, tbh

Find it hard to believe there was a 2hr "near catastrophic" chase through the streets of New York and not one person got a clip of it on their phone/cctv etc.
I have to admit though, it seems I was wrong. I thought after his book Harry might lay low. Seems like they are doing the complete opposite.

You got to remember that Harry is in his own words a "spare" part in the Institution that is the monarchy. Born into incredible wealth and privilege (massive inheritance from the Queen mother, Diana and income he received from the crown estate). He is way down in line for the throne assuming William and his direct descendants don't die; he and his own children won't make the throne. No wonder he's fallen out with his brother. But for being born in the royal family he has no real purpose (would he have met Megan had he not been who is?). So he has to make a life outside but still cash in on his royal status to maintain his lifestyle. Not as though he disappeared to live on a farm in Montana.

He clearly still has understandable anger issues from losing his mother at a young age and in turn has an understandable hatred of the press (exacerbated by the phone hacking), which makes him even more paranoid and jumpy. But he and his wife are a brand and no doubt they want to control the narrative on this story. The press are part and parcel of pushing their brand.

Security is clearly an issue which he needs to ramp up because the Paps are not going to go away and he now no longer has Royal protection.

That's my take on it.

That's my take on it.

My take on it - a self serving little sh.t from an institution of sh.ts.

"I don't like the press, but I'll do an interview with you to keep myself on the front page to avoid having to upskill myself into something useful and earn a living".

Would they ever all f**k off.

My take on it - a self serving little sh.t from an institution of sh.ts.

"I don't like the press, but I'll do an interview with you to keep myself on the front page to avoid having to upskill myself into something useful and earn a living".

Would they ever all f**k off.

Nailed it.

The thing that hacks me off the most is when they play the race or misogyny card in their pathetic attempt to portray themselves as victims e.g. launching their netflix series the day after collecting some bogus anti race award. It's like the Jeremy Kyle show for entitled toffs.

Latest posts