• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

As suspected, the voter ID laws resulted in more eligible people being turned away from voting in this one election than there have been recorded cases of election fraud in the entire century.

So once again Republicans are playing silly buggers with the debt ceiling and holding the entire world economy to ransom for the sake of petty politics... These people are not fit to be in power. Of course when it's a Republican president, suddenly their concerns about the debt vanish. To my knowledge Democrats haven't used the debt ceiling to make ultimatums yet Republicans have done it multiple times in the past 2 presidencies. No doubt they will just blame the Democrats for whatever the outcome as they did with the Katrina response and the financial crash (yes these both happened under Bush but that didn't stop them blaming Democrats) or now blaming Biden for things that happened in 2020 before he became president...

Imagine preferring to pay a fine, get points on your license and risk higher insurance premiums than *checks notes* be in the same room as the public for a speed awareness course... Deep down I think these people actually realise how despised they are, that or she holds the public completely in contempt.

Imagine preferring to pay a fine, get points on your license and risk higher insurance premiums than *checks notes* be in the same room as the public for a speed awareness course... Deep down I think these people actually realise how despised they are, that or she holds the public completely in contempt.
She could of attended online. Also the fact apparently 1 in 5 MPs have a speeding offence of some kind. It's really not a big deal.

But oh look she made one anyway.

She could of attended online. Also the fact apparently 1 in 5 MPs have a speeding offence of some kind. It's really not a big deal.

But oh look she made one anyway.
The Archbishop of Canterbury has one. Honestly, her own stupidity and not wanting to spend time with the plebs has made nothing into something.

Don't insurance companies ask if you've attended a speed awareness course? I can only assume that they still bump up your premium even if you attend one rather than points.

Don't insurance companies ask if you've attended a speed awareness course? I can only assume that they still bump up your premium even if you attend one rather than points.
I cant rememeber it if I ever had to acknowledge mine but its been a long time since even a claim would of mattered.

I'd assume it might put your premium might go up but the course is actually good and likely leads you to be being a better driver. So it's probably less than just points. It certainly led to me being double careful in residential areas. Just as an FYI I was caught doing 82 on a motorway. II've never knowingly sped in anything below a 50.

When I took it we were told that insurance companies aren't supposed to put your premium up if you've done the course, but that they almost certainly will because they are greedy fucks.

Tbh I never declared mine and was never asked about it.

Oh look, another weak Tory leader who changes his mind once he realises he can't just brush it under the carpet.

Earlier it was "I haven't spoken to her, but I've heard she didn't do anything wrong" to "yeah I should probably meet the ethics advisor rather than taking the word of sycophants."

Why is it so hard for this party to even acknowledge there might have been wrong doing. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you don't investigate at all. I guess Sunak knows his position is weakened after a disastrous local election and he needs all the support he can get, even if it is from the queen of hell.

When I took it we were told that insurance companies aren't supposed to put your premium up if you've done the course, but that they almost certainly will because they are greedy fucks.

Tbh I never declared mine and was never asked about it.
They once told me that my premium was more because I lived on a military camp which would be more at risk during a war… even though their T's & C's exclude any act of war…

So once again Republicans are playing silly buggers with the debt ceiling and holding the entire world economy to ransom for the sake of petty politics... These people are not fit to be in power. Of course when it's a Republican president, suddenly their concerns about the debt vanish. To my knowledge Democrats haven't used the debt ceiling to make ultimatums yet Republicans have done it multiple times in the past 2 presidencies. No doubt they will just blame the Democrats for whatever the outcome as they did with the Katrina response and the financial crash (yes these both happened under Bush but that didn't stop them blaming Democrats) or now blaming Biden for things that happened in 2020 before he became president...
It's a game of cat and mouse which both sides play but yeah Republicans are being bigger arseholes.

"As useful as a private water company." 🤣

It's a game of cat and mouse which both sides play but yeah Republicans are being bigger arseholes.

"As useful as a private water company." 🤣

That turd of a woman seems to revel in the fact she is perceived as a useless, stupid and lazy moron. Her lies are so transparent, even by Tory standards, yet she goes out there over and over again to repeat the lies. All her arguments on every question revolve around bigging up her own ignorance and how she apparently couldn't be bothered to get the necessary information. She's either appalling at her job or she does have the information but is so shameless and devoid of any sort of self respect that she will happily portray herself as utterly useless and unlikeable to protect the party (although portraying herself that was just reflects badly on the party too).

Another Tory minister who should not be anywhere near a position of power. The whole party are utterly corrupted. There isn't a shred of integrity left.

1684745079070.png
Without putting too fine a word of it, no ******* ****. Most people described as woke are lefties or center. Of course they'd be anti right wing views and go for someone advocating the stuff she is a home secretary.

Its almost as mind numbing stupid as Braverman herself.

Technically Dems did in '81 and '84, but not really in at all the same way