• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

From 23:11s. Husain's interview with Braverman where she admits she did not watch the full 13 min video of the Falter incident but still calls for Rowley to resign based on a clip she did see. This coming from the former HS. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

From 23:11s. Husain's interview with Braverman where she admits she did not watch the full 13 min video of the Falter incident but still calls for Rowley to resign based on a clip she did see. This coming from the former HS. 🤦‍♂️

It was a clear attempt to put pressure on Khan and stoke tensions between Jewish and Pro Palestinian people. I noticed she kept her mouth shut when her fellow Tory MP said that Khan was being controlled by Islamists. She also used inflammatory language that resulted in far right nationalists heading to the cenotaph looking for beef. She really is a nasty piece of work who will sow division in order to help realise her political ambitions.

As expected really.

Starmer asked on LBC this morning would Diane Abbott be standing for Labour and he could not confirm referring to the fact the investigation is still going on (it's taking a lot longer than many other investigations I might add)

As expected really.
It's rather a shame dude is now 74 he probably has good enough standing with the Islington North CLP he could of handpicked his sucessor. But as noted previously its way more about his ego and never being wrong about anything than it is about practical decisions.

Helps into Starmers changed Labour party narrative nationally. So I think little harm there and Corbyn die hards must be already factored into national polling by now.

Islington North itself...I can't see how Corbyn or Labour don't win even with a 50/50 split. I still say Labour don't bother with effort there (sadly they long decided they would put a candidate).

Abbott absolutely should of been delt with (comments we're bad though and she hasn't apolgised) by now but she is also 70.

Like both these people could of bowed out graciously with proper succession planning

It's rather a shame dude is now 74 he probably has good enough standing with the Islington North CLP he could of handpicked his sucessor. But as noted previously its way more about his ego and never being wrong about anything than it is about practical decisions.

Helps into Starmers changed Labour party narrative nationally. So I think little harm there and Corbyn die hards must be already factored into national polling by now.

Islington North itself...I can't see how Corbyn or Labour don't win even with a 50/50 split. I still say Labour don't bother with effort there (sadly they long decided they would put a candidate).

Abbott absolutely should of been delt with (comments we're bad though and she hasn't apolgised) by now but she is also 70.

Like both these people could of bowed out graciously with proper succession planning
Yeah. Is Corbyn doing it because he honestly thinks it's best for people or because he wants it personally?

Yeah. Is Corbyn doing it because he honestly thinks it's best for people or because he wants it personally?
His argument is the CLP are not allowed to propose the candidate, I don't know how much truth there is that ie. did they actually attempt to find a candidate before now?

I mean by all accounts he's a good local MP

Find it strange everyone saying he should stand down/not run - the constituents will decide if they still want him to represent them in parliament and on local matters

"his views aren't consistent with the modern labour party, he shouldn't run for them because he'll be in conflict with them"

*Gets the boot and runs as an independent*

"no don't do that either"

Find it strange everyone saying he should stand down/not run - the constituents will decide if they still want him to represent them in parliament and on local matters
Absolutely they should and will.

I actually don't really care if he runs as an independent or not from the perspective.

I'm talking more about why he's chosen to do it, what I think it reflects is on him as person (well intended egomaniac) and what I think he could of done better in terms of a legacy for himself.

If hed apolgised for the report, stayed in the Labor party, he probably could of got a 20+ year old Corbynite on the Labour backbencher for Islington North. By all accounts lots of young people are standing for Labour this time around he could of had that influence in many places.

Bit he didn't because admitting he was wrong and working the system from within is not part of his makeup.

Tbh I think he's naive/idealistic enough to think he did nothing wrong

His politics are very much in a vacuum rather than the real world

Well he's now been expelled from the Labour Party anyway.

From all that I see on social media etc, he seems to do a lot for his local consistency and is very highly regarded.

Election will come down to wanting to vote for an excellent MP for the area or the PM as a whole I guess.

For how Starmer had treated people who would be considered as Corbyn loyalists, I hope he fights hard in the election and if not wins, it comes close.

Perhaps it's bias but he does seem like one of the most genuine MPs. I remember during the TV debates the big media scandal when he was confused about the time of the Queen's Speech but said he watched it later (which I don't know if it's shown again after 3PM). But it turned out why he couldn't watch it as he volunteers at the local homeless shelter on Christmas Day.

Tbh I think he's naive/idealistic enough to think he did nothing wrong

His politics are very much in a vacuum rather than the real world
It's idealism combined with an ego the size of the planet. (Let's be clear he's not Trump on that front). It's been true his entire political career but the dude can never admit he was wrong or there is nuance to any situation.

His comments in Ukraine though really showed he was never suitable to be PM (the issue is either was guy he was up against). But was just another showing of his idealism not working in the real world and then failing to admit it might be wrong.

Election will come down to wanting to vote for an excellent MP for the area or the PM as a whole I guess
Of course he's been expelled he's running against them! (This really should be news on top of the him running against them). Corbyn booted out Campbell for voting Lib Dem remember (who also shouldn't of been shocked).

As to that one contiuetcy it will come to. Will Labour actually be arsed to campaign there (they really shouldnt)? If they do is Corbyns popularity there personal or just the red rosette.

I mean by all accounts he's a good local MP

"his views aren't consistent with the modern labour party, he shouldn't run for them because he'll be in conflict with them"

*Gets the boot and runs as an independent*

"no don't do that either"
Realistically even if he's elected it's not going to dent Labour's chances. I'm not a Corbyn fan but if that's who the locals want and if he gets the votes then good for them. It's getting the balance on voting who's good for the community vs good for the country.

They want him gone because the left and the left wing media like Novara keep saying Starmer is a red Tory, and are encouraging people to vote independent or Green.

Last edited:
Realistically even if he's elected it's not going to dent Labour's chances. I'm not a Corbyn fan but if that's who the locals want and if he gets the votes then good for them. It's getting the balance on voting who's good for the community vs good for the country.

They want him gone because the left and the left wing media like Novara keep saying Starmer is a red Tory, and are encouraging people to vote independent or Green.
This is why the Tories keep getting in. For ages left wing rabble rousers or those who simply don't like labour much go to SNP, lib dem or green. Right wing people would tend to either not vote at all or still vote Tory. This is the first election in my lifetime where the Tories could finally be facing up to a vote split with another party (reform) that the left have had to deal with for decades.

Hopefully in the future votes being split happens more and more so calls for a proper PR system stop being ignored.

ICJ in the Hague orders Israel to halt Rafah offensive. They're also ordering unobstructed access for the UN and ICJ representatives to investigate alleged acts of genocide.

Dunno why Sunak want them that badly (other than he's **** at politics) he comes off badly under any questioning and never we'll in PMQs.

Agree 2 is probably enough and wouldn't have them hosted by a particular channel.

Tbh, my view if tv debates is they only really help the person behind. I don't see Starmer massively changing his popularity through them.

Tbh, my view if tv debates is they only really help the person behind. I don't see Starmer massively changing his popularity through them.
I dunno how much shift actually happens (see Cleggmania) but I can see his personal approval ratings going up. Its hideously low for someone who actually is fairly innocuous.

Latest posts