• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, he's trying to cut down on immigration. If we had never changed our immigration law in the 1960s much of this division would not exist. He's especially trying to stop the uncontrolled illegal immigration that lets in criminals and people working for slave wages, which creates much of the hostility. He's trying to reorder the economy away from favoring paper assets and the rich to favoring good working class jobs. If people are working and earning a good wage they won't be sitting around stewing about the "other."

As I said, delusion. Let me repeat, that division has been there SINCE THE FOUNDING OF YOUR COUNTRY. It has always been there but yeah of course, the fact a large segment of the white population are still a bunch of racists can only be down to immigration can't it? He's trying to favour working class jobs? Are you mental? He's doing the exact opposite. Seriously what the **** is it with you Trumpers and seeing the EXACT OPPOSITE of what reality is!? So he doesn't want jobs sent abroad, tell me what he has done to address the fact that his family have tons of manufacturing jobs abroad rather than in the USA? Oh that's right, nothing.

Newer groups to America have contributed greatly to ethnic tension, as was always bound to happen.
You have massive stuff like 9/11 and Islamic terrorism. No Muslim immigration to the US and we have two less wars. Hundreds of thousands of people don't die.
You have violent ethnic cleansing by Hispanic gangs on black neighborhoods in certain parts of the country. One of the victims Trump highlighted was Jamiel Shaw. His son was shot by an illegal immigrant criminal who had just been let out of jail. The local Democratic government ignored his immigration detainer and released him under sanctuary city laws. His gang ordered him to kill a black person as part of their turf dispute to prove he hadn't been compromised in jail.

You have medium level stuff like people waving Mexican flags and wearing Make America Mexico Again shirts violently attacking conservative political gatherings across California.
You have minor stuff like the NY Times just hiring a Korean born writer to their editorial board with a long, long history of tweets hoping for the extinction of white people in America.
The conflict and tension will get worse and worse if Trump is not successful in getting immigration under control.

The ones causing the most racial problems are the same group as have been doing it from the start, white people. Wow so you are going to blame the fact the US likes romping around the world playing world police on the Muslims, it's almost like you are ignoring ALL the times America has been invading other countries...

Whilst YOU have things like a guy in charge of defence who has said the USA will invade Iran (oh that must be the fault of the ******* Iranian immigrants right?) You have a guy playing silly buggers with a nuclear power, you have a guy advocating violence against protesters, you have someone who would not condemn murder by a right winger without being forced to, you have someone who advocates police violence, you have someone splitting families, you have someone putting children in cages, you have a whole administration engaged in Orwellian double speak. This doesn't even include the likes of your radio hosts or the numerous death threats made by conservatives or having your candidate chanting to lock up his opposition!

@ragerancher , @DumbAmerican you guys are both on the extremes. The one is a extreme far left proponent, and the other a right orientated conservative.

There is obviously nothing wrong with that, everyone has the right to their political beliefs, which is influenced by our culture and environment amongst others.
But you guys are making cliams that i dont think can actually be backed up. Yes opinion but to state something as fact without proof is meaningless.

I'm not a far left proponent though, I'm a centrist and have views considered right wing. The issue is the right in America has swung so far right and dumb American has fully subscribed to Trumpian dogma.

@ragerancher , @DumbAmerican you guys are both on the extremes. The one is a extreme far left proponent, and the other a right orientated conservative.

There is obviously nothing wrong with that, everyone has the right to their political beliefs, which is influenced by our culture and environment amongst others.
But you guys are making cliams that i dont think can actually be backed up. Yes opinion but to state something as fact without proof is meaningless.
Wait what? so the voice of reason is a "extreme far left proponent" whilst the literal nazi sympathiser is a "right oriented conservative"

I think you may need to re-educate yourself on where the centre ground is here.

Labour MP's getting into an argument with Jamie Oliver over "jerk Rice".

They really are never going to win anything really.

Did you just blame 9/11 on immigration?
Of course. Most of the hijackers were on 5 year business visas that apparently we hand out like candy to Saudis. You can talk all you want about American foreign policy being a cause, but that just bolsters my point. Different groups all have historical grudges against some other group, and the extremists will take advantage. There's no way to separate the extremists from the normal people, and there's now way to ensure that the children of the normal people won't become extremists. In fact, it's likely that the children will be radicalized in significant numbers as they struggle with their identity in the West.

Any claim you think I'm wrong about can be brought forward and I will admit if I made a mistake.

Anyways, I'm off to see the Trump rally tonight. Look for me on TV.

Wait what? so the voice of reason is a "extreme far left proponent" whilst the literal nazi sympathiser is a "right oriented conservative"

I think you may need to re-educate yourself on where the centre ground is here.
Aye it's batshit crazy at the moment we have a similar problem with the left currently (as well as the right). Anyone with actual moderate views is accused of being far left and far right. I'll admit to being left of center but a lot of my 'friends' think Im right wing for some utterly mad reason.

Still shits going down on Trump in terms of the courts.

I mean it's still a sign of the times that your lawyer pleading guilty to election funding fraud at your behest doesn't actually immediately bring down a presidency. But still one wonder what the Cohen plea bargain was.

Aye it's batshit crazy at the moment we have a similar problem with the left currently (as well as the right). Anyone with actual moderate views is accused of being far left and far right. I'll admit to being left of center but a lot of my 'friends' think Im right wing for some utterly mad reason.
Yup - it seems like the Overton Window has become bifold.

Still shits going down on Trump in terms of the courts.

I mean it's still a sign of the times that your lawyer pleading guilty to election funding fraud at your behest doesn't actually immediately bring down a presidency. But still one wonder what the Cohen plea bargain was.
1. What he did is in no way illegal so long as the money was paid out of Trump's pocket and the original payment from Cohen was part of his normal duties as Trump's lawyer. Even if Trump had used campaign funds, or this was something Cohen didn't normally do for Trump, there's never been a candidate convicted for this action. They tried to get John Edwards when his donors paid a woman to stay silent, but the jury wouldn't convict.
2. The Federal Election Commission is not charging Trump. This is some lawyer in NYC setting up a plea that makes Trump look bad.
3. Every campaign breaks the law. The law is impossible to follow. For instance:
https://www.politico.com/story/2013...8-campaign-fine-conciliation-agreement-085785
The Obama campaign took $1.3 million in donations over the personal limit and failed to disclose over 1,000 large donations.
That should provide some context to how big a deal this actually is for Trump, but you won't hear this on the fake news.

1. What he did is in no way illegal so long as the money was paid out of Trump's pocket and the original payment from Cohen was part of his normal duties as Trump's lawyer. Even if Trump had used campaign funds, or this was something Cohen didn't normally do for Trump, there's never been a candidate convicted for this action. They tried to get John Edwards when his donors paid a woman to stay silent, but the jury wouldn't convict.
2. The Federal Election Commission is not charging Trump. This is some lawyer in NYC setting up a plea that makes Trump look bad.
3. Every campaign breaks the law. The law is impossible to follow. For instance:
https://www.politico.com/story/2013...8-campaign-fine-conciliation-agreement-085785
The Obama campaign took $1.3 million in donations over the personal limit and failed to disclose over 1,000 large donations.
That should provide some context to how big a deal this actually is for Trump, but you won't hear this on the fake news.

1) Except the jury HAS convicted.

2) Since when does it matter who is doing it? The NYC lawyer is doing it at the recommendation of the Mueller investigation and that is every bit as valid as if the FEC was pursuing it.

3) This case it looks like it was willingly breaking the law.

4) You are a ******* idiot. Even as your guys are being found guilty you are still claiming there is nothing wrong. I mean seriously, do you actually have ANY capacity to think even approaching objectively?

I'm not a far left proponent though, I'm a centrist and have views considered right wing. The issue is the right in America has swung so far right and dumb American has fully subscribed to Trumpian dogma.
I can agree with your statement that the right has swung maybe too far, especially with the rise of extremist groups on a public level. By that i mean white supremacists groups are basically walking around the U.S publicly airing views that might incite violence. In South Africa if some of these groups do what they do then they will be arrested.

The problem thought is that the left has also gone too far. Its getting ridiculous, and its starting to strain society. trust me you can be too liberal because the far left liberals sure like to make outrageous claims. I you dont believe me i will gladly post examples of how liberals and the liberal media is taking it way too far.

Yes dumb American has subscribed to the "Trumpian dogma" as you put it. its quite clear to see, especially considering his actual admission that he is a Trump supporter. Thats his right though, in his context the Trump ideology was the one that he identified with. But all you British guys are literally ganging up on his views. giving dislikes freely when there is no trolling taking place (This does not facilitate an open discussion) and then you are the one here attacking the character and not just his argument calling him things like "idiot" . We know in what situations people start attacking the persons character.

I think dumb American is sincere in his views, not saying i agree or that its right but im saying that i dont think he is arguing just for that sake, but instead that this is what he politically believes is best for the USA. Its easy to comment on another countries political situation, i for one laughed at the Americans for voting in Trump. This Billionaire claiming he wants to help working class people! But two things is slowly changing my mind

1.All the liberal media and people attacking him about literally everything he does. nothing, absolutely nothing he does is good according to them. I have not seen one positive thing said about Trump on sites such as CNN or even more comedic political shows such as the daily show
2. He is actually currently improving America in an economic sense, no, probably not world or race relations but their economy has grow at close to 4% thats crazy numbers, and a good economy helps small businesses thrive, and with that the middle class. Even if his views are so controversial just consider that he might actually be doing good for America. For South Africa he is utterly ****, our economy is collapsing as a result of his trade war. Our people are suffering, his sanctions on Turkey destroyed our currency (read up on how the South African Rand is linked to the Turkish economy), petrol prices are at an all time high, investors does not want to invest in developing countries such as South Africa because of the uncertainty in the global market. So Trump is probably not good for the global environment but he really is good for America from my point of view.

If a citizenship swap was opened up between the USA and South Africa, it would go 99.9% towards the USA. If you paid Americans $100,000k to take SA citizenship and told South Africans they would have to pay double taxes for 5 years for USA citizenship, it would go 90% towards the USA. I don't know a ton about South African politics, but I read their current President has hundreds of millions of dollars based off a career as a union leader. Their last President thought he could wash AIDS off his dick with soap. That's ****** embarrassing.

This is one claim that cant be backed up and certainly is just you own opinion, which i disagree with.

You make a claim that even if South Africans have to pay double taxes in the USA for 5 years they would do it.
As a South African i can say that this is not true, cant speak for everyone but despite what people might think its not so bad here. Yes our old president was utterly incompetent, and he helped destroy our economy, currency and got us our credit ratings downgraded to Junk. Zuma was a representative of the Zulu people (The largest ethnic group) He was not presidential and yes he did think that you can cure aids by taking a shower amongst a number of things, another was that if you dont vote for the ANC then you will go to hell, but if you vote for them you secure a place in heaven, and boy did that **** work! people in the townships ate that **** up like you wont even believe.

But now we have a new president, one who owns many businesses, he knows how the economy works, he knows how to deal with investors etc. he is the first president in many many years who actually has the political and economic ability to grow this country. He has been elected by his party, so he has to serve their mandate. So unfortunately you guys will hear stuff like "The expropriation of land without compensation from white people in South Africa" but i dont believe he actually supports these policies, his party needs to secure elections next year and this is one of those power grab things that will come at the expense of our economy. he wants to grow the economy because he is a business man (Owns the rights to Mcdonalds in SA) and he knows what is needed to create a good environment for businesses. Thats the matter of our president resolved.

I wont take up the hypothetical deal you just proposed. And if i ever HAD to move it definitely wont be to the USA. It would be to Europe. South Africans generally migrate to England, Australia, and New Zealand.

You say if an american was offered $100 000 to come live in south Africa then they wont take it.
Do you even know how much $100 000 is worth in South Africa? That would make you an instant millionaire here. I would immediately buy two houses with that money, stay in the one house and rent the other out for a passive income. You would live in our "first world" areas, cities and territories. The majority of people in South Africa lives below the poverty line and that has to be changed over the coming years (even slowly) with a good economy, but those that live in the middle class and up does have lives comparable to any other first world country you wont be able to prove me wrong on this. I dont know why every one has the impression that South Africans wants to flee the country.

The other thing i want to point out requires me to pose you a few questions.
What makes international investors decide to invest in developing countries?
Is it the possibility to "Buy low, sell high" ?
Is it that because they have the better currency that they can invest in a cheaper environment?
Is it the potential that they see?
do they want to exploit the people?

How i see it is a mixture of the above, we are developing, you guys in the USA and the UK can come and buy property here at a cheaper rate than you can in your own country. You can invest in a small business or in property.
The majority of the population currently lives way below the poverty line. If South Africa follows the historical trend in the world of becoming a truly developed country. then slowly but surely those millions and millions of people will start entering the consumer markets. So if these investors buy property now, the most there is a great chance for a good return on investment in the long term.

Lets say you invest in property, as the economy grows and more people enter the middle class they will start to boost the local economy by basically buying more products at lets say the super markets as one example. They will also drive urbanization. There already is a shortage of accommodation that makes the prices spike. If about twenty million people own nice houses or land now then the demand will greatly increase once more of the 30 mil living below the poverty line starts entering the middle or upper classes. If you can buy land now here in SA then you will be well set up for the future because we all know that if demand is more than the supply creates increased prices. Landowners in South Africa has reason to be smiling because they are in a good position to either sell for huge numbers or rent out and build their portfolio of assets. Exactly this potential is what drives investors both local and international. Its not so fictional as this demand has been steadily increasing since 94 and almost everyone will sell their property for more than they bought it for.

Once the prices start spiking the people entering the middle class wont really be able to buy but rather they would need to rent, this is where the land owners will just become richer while housing prices will become even more out of their reach. Think of it in the same context as millennial trying to buy houses in America in a hyper inflated housing market, or the Australian locals who cant even buy houses in their own cities such as Melbourne because the Chinese has a huge demand for Australian property thereby increasing the prices and forcing Australians to rather rent.

So $100 000 to come and stay in SA sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

@themole25 what was you experience of Stellenbosch? Was there crime all over the place? how did you experience the standard of living in the western cape compared to the USA? Would you say that specifically areas such as Cape town or Stelenbosch lags behind the USA in terms of standard of living and the wealth of the people?

I can agree with your statement that the right has swung maybe too far, especially with the rise of extremist groups on a public level. By that i mean white supremacists groups are basically walking around the U.S publicly airing views that might incite violence. In South Africa if some of these groups do what they do then they will be arrested.

The problem thought is that the left has also gone too far. Its getting ridiculous, and its starting to strain society. trust me you can be too liberal because the far left liberals sure like to make outrageous claims. I you dont believe me i will gladly post examples of how liberals and the liberal media is taking it way too far.

Yes dumb American has subscribed to the "Trumpian dogma" as you put it. its quite clear to see, especially considering his actual admission that he is a Trump supporter. Thats his right though, in his context the Trump ideology was the one that he identified with. But all you British guys are literally ganging up on his views. giving dislikes freely when there is no trolling taking place (This does not facilitate an open discussion) and then you are the one here attacking the character and not just his argument calling him things like "idiot" . We know in what situations people start attacking the persons character.

I think dumb American is sincere in his views, not saying i agree or that its right but im saying that i dont think he is arguing just for that sake, but instead that this is what he politically believes is best for the USA. Its easy to comment on another countries political situation, i for one laughed at the Americans for voting in Trump. This Billionaire claiming he wants to help working class people! But two things is slowly changing my mind

1.All the liberal media and people attacking him about literally everything he does. nothing, absolutely nothing he does is good according to them. I have not seen one positive thing said about Trump on sites such as CNN or even more comedic political shows such as the daily show
2. He is actually currently improving America in an economic sense, no, probably not world or race relations but their economy has grow at close to 4% thats crazy numbers, and a good economy helps small businesses thrive, and with that the middle class. Even if his views are so controversial just consider that he might actually be doing good for America. For South Africa he is utterly ****, our economy is collapsing as a result of his trade war. Our people are suffering, his sanctions on Turkey destroyed our currency (read up on how the South African Rand is linked to the Turkish economy), petrol prices are at an all time high, investors does not want to invest in developing countries such as South Africa because of the uncertainty in the global market. So Trump is probably not good for the global environment but he really is good for America from my point of view.

The "far left" actions consist of whining too much about nothing, the far right actions consist of using the government to suppress the rights of people, gerrymander and do things that actually **** up people's lives. The 2 simply are not equivalent. The far left is a fringe, the far right in is the white house.

I've never said he doesn't have the right to his views, I've just said he is an idiot for having them. The character accusations come after pages of futile attempts to reason. His guys are literally being locked up and he still thinks they have done nothing wrong, this is not a point of debate, this is a fact. The law has been broken yet it's still excuses. I don't doubt his views are sincere, I also don't doubt that they are idiotic and devoid of reasoning. As much as he has the right to hold said views, I have the right to say they are moronic.

1) No not everything he does, every stupid thing he does. It's not our fault if he does a ton of stupid things. Can you highlight many things Trump has been unfairly hauled up on because I can do that with Obama. Do you remember the tan suit scandal or the mustard on a hot dog scandal? How does this compare to separating children by force from their families, twitter playground insults, obstruction of justice, pardoning a known racist, the daily lies and idiocy... Again the 2 simply are not comparable. Trump is getting a lot of flak because he is doing a lot of very VERY stupid stuff that is fully deserving of the criticism it gets. You may have forgotten, the right wing set the stage with all the stupid **** they tried to get Obama on, they cannot sit and whinge if the same was done to Trump, even though it isn't.

2) Since when was economy the be all and end all card to allow everything else you did wrong to go ignored? The economy under Clinton was better than under Trump yet do you think that would have been a good defence at all? It's this strange attitude in the USA of holding Republicans and the right to a completely different standard to the left. Clinton got impeached for lying about having sex with a woman, Trump is in the firing line for knowingly arranging for laws to be broken, among other possible accusations. If a good economy wasn't a defence for Clinton, it certainly isn't one for Trump. Having said that the economy under Trump is nothing special, it was turned around under Obama and he has inherited it when it was already in a good place. Also Trump's economic policies are short-termism, as are a lot of Republican policies. They give a short boost to the economy but in the long run cause problems. Cutting businesses taxes and school spending now produces an economic boost but further down the line the lack of funding catches up.

I'll just go with the first, if it's not illegal what the **** did he just plead guilty to?
He was ****** on his tax evasion. If he had only been charged with campaign finance violations he would have fought and won. This is a political stunt by a local prosecutor which Cohen went along with so he doesn't spend the rest of his life in jail. It is not illegal under any reading of the law for an attorney on retainer to pay potential lawsuits to go away and bill the client at certain intervals, even if that client is running for office. Every rich person in America has such an arrangement with attorneys. The only way it would be borderline illegal is if Cohen did not expect to be paid back, or was not executing a contract for which Trump had fronted the money through a retainer. Like I said, the former Presidential candidate John Edwards was charged under that exact theory because he solicited donors paid his mistress to shut up, but the jury let him off.

Anybody associated with Trump is experiencing lawfare being waged against them as a warning to potential nationalist allies in the future. Don't join up unless you have a 100% clean background, which few big businessmen do. Manafort is a swamp scumbag, but the government chose for years not to prosecute him despite knowing everything that was used to finally bring the charges. If he never works for Trump he is never charged.

Last edited:
This is one claim that cant be backed up and certainly is just you own opinion, which i disagree with.

You make a claim that even if South Africans have to pay double taxes in the USA for 5 years they would do it.
As a South African i can say that this is not true, cant speak for everyone but despite what people might think its not so bad here. Yes our old president was utterly incompetent, and he helped destroy our economy, currency and got us our credit ratings downgraded to Junk. Zuma was a representative of the Zulu people (The largest ethnic group) He was not presidential and yes he did think that you can cure aids by taking a shower amongst a number of things, another was that if you dont vote for the ANC then you will go to hell, but if you vote for them you secure a place in heaven, and boy did that **** work! people in the townships ate that **** up like you wont even believe.

But now we have a new president, one who owns many businesses, he knows how the economy works, he knows how to deal with investors etc. he is the first president in many many years who actually has the political and economic ability to grow this country. He has been elected by his party, so he has to serve their mandate. So unfortunately you guys will hear stuff like "The expropriation of land without compensation from white people in South Africa" but i dont believe he actually supports these policies, his party needs to secure elections next year and this is one of those power grab things that will come at the expense of our economy. he wants to grow the economy because he is a business man (Owns the rights to Mcdonalds in SA) and he knows what is needed to create a good environment for businesses. Thats the matter of our president resolved.

I wont take up the hypothetical deal you just proposed. And if i ever HAD to move it definitely wont be to the USA. It would be to Europe. South Africans generally migrate to England, Australia, and New Zealand.

You say if an american was offered $100 000 to come live in south Africa then they wont take it.
Do you even know how much $100 000 is worth in South Africa? That would make you an instant millionaire here. I would immediately buy two houses with that money, stay in the one house and rent the other out for a passive income. You would live in our "first world" areas, cities and territories. The majority of people in South Africa lives below the poverty line and that has to be changed over the coming years (even slowly) with a good economy, but those that live in the middle class and up does have lives comparable to any other first world country you wont be able to prove me wrong on this. I dont know why every one has the impression that South Africans wants to flee the country.

The other thing i want to point out requires me to pose you a few questions.
What makes international investors decide to invest in developing countries?
Is it the possibility to "Buy low, sell high" ?
Is it that because they have the better currency that they can invest in a cheaper environment?
Is it the potential that they see?
do they want to exploit the people?

How i see it is a mixture of the above, we are developing, you guys in the USA and the UK can come and buy property here at a cheaper rate than you can in your own country. You can invest in a small business or in property.
The majority of the population currently lives way below the poverty line. If South Africa follows the historical trend in the world of becoming a truly developed country. then slowly but surely those millions and millions of people will start entering the consumer markets. So if these investors buy property now, the most there is a great chance for a good return on investment in the long term.

Lets say you invest in property, as the economy grows and more people enter the middle class they will start to boost the local economy by basically buying more products at lets say the super markets as one example. They will also drive urbanization. There already is a shortage of accommodation that makes the prices spike. If about twenty million people own nice houses or land now then the demand will greatly increase once more of the 30 mil living below the poverty line starts entering the middle or upper classes. If you can buy land now here in SA then you will be well set up for the future because we all know that if demand is more than the supply creates increased prices. Landowners in South Africa has reason to be smiling because they are in a good position to either sell for huge numbers or rent out and build their portfolio of assets. Exactly this potential is what drives investors both local and international. Its not so fictional as this demand has been steadily increasing since 94 and almost everyone will sell their property for more than they bought it for.

Once the prices start spiking the people entering the middle class wont really be able to buy but rather they would need to rent, this is where the land owners will just become richer while housing prices will become even more out of their reach. Think of it in the same context as millennial trying to buy houses in America in a hyper inflated housing market, or the Australian locals who cant even buy houses in their own cities such as Melbourne because the Chinese has a huge demand for Australian property thereby increasing the prices and forcing Australians to rather rent.

So $100 000 to come and stay in SA sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

@themole25 what was you experience of Stellenbosch? Was there crime all over the place? how did you experience the standard of living in the western cape compared to the USA? Would you say that specifically areas such as Cape town or Stelenbosch lags behind the USA in terms of standard of living and the wealth of the people?

Ok. Perhaps I was wrong about the numbers. I was talking out of my ass on this topic. I have limited knowledge of modern South Africa. Perhaps Americans would want to move there. Perhaps fewer South Africans would go to the US if given the chance than I think. I'm bearish on Africa as a whole. The brain drain and population growth levels combined are going to be real trouble in the long run. And I think countries as unequal as South Africa, especially when so much of the inequality is by ethnicity, are not stable situations long term. It's part of the reason I'm so against what's currently happening in the US. We are watching California switch from an American middle class paradise to a Latin American style economy with a very limited middle class before our eyes.

As for your specific questions, I have no knowledge of international investment. Obviously the ideal investment is stable with potentially high returns, but that's not how markets work. I assume the 3rd world is high risk, high reward. And I suspect a lot of the investment takes on a piracy quality rather than long term investment if the society is seen as volatile. So someone looking to make money in Vietnam is going to behave differently on average than in Afghanistan, to pick third world countries on different ends of the stability axis.

He was ****** on his tax evasion. If he had only been charged with campaign finance violations he would have fought and won. This is a political stunt by a local prosecutor which Cohen went along with so he doesn't spend the rest of his life in jail. It is not illegal under any reading of the law for an attorney on retainer to pay potential lawsuits to go away and bill the client at certain intervals, even if that client is running for office. Every rich person in America has such an arrangement with attorneys. The only way it would be borderline illegal is if Cohen did not expect to be paid back, or was not executing a contract for which Trump had fronted the money through a retainer. Like I said, the former Presidential candidate John Edwards was charged under that exact theory because he solicited donors paid his mistress to shut up, but the jury let him off.

Anybody associated with Trump is experiencing lawfare being waged against them as a warning to potential nationalist allies in the future. Don't join up unless you have a 100% clean background, which few big businessmen do. Manafort is a swamp scumbag, but the government chose for years not to prosecute him despite knowing everything that was used to finally bring the charges. If he never works for Trump he is never charged.
Nope, charged on tax evasion so that it is in state court and Trump has no power to pardon him right now. Same with why there is an NYC lawyer involved. Takes away any power Trump would have had to negotiate and makes him relatively powerless. Cohen himself admits that it broke campaign finance laws.

On Flynn, Muller has delayed his trial and this is where I think something juicy is. No other reason to save his sorry ass for now unless he got something to bargain with and Muller doesn't want whatever that is to come out at trial until the right time. But it will come. And it will be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts