• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Amazon dipping its toes into NH rugby

If Prime was able to takeover from Sky/BT or one of the other providers, I'd be happy with it. Never liked the fact you need multiple subscriptions to watch most rugby and, from a selfish standpoint, I have Prime anyway. A lot of the complaints I have seen are comparing Prime to terrestrial, which is a ludicrous argument IMO as nothing except a select few internationals are on terrestrial anyway.
I honestly think it's hurt the sport. Friend of mine was looking at watching club rugby after liking the world Cup and he didn't know to begin. What league, what teams are in what and who has the rights.

Have a day off
I really rate him just wouldn't go as far to say he is the Goat which for most would put Messi atleast in a conversation of, sorry if that offends you in some way, today aside (even then he has been great in patches) he's been a revolution for Bath, hopefully he can get some silverware this season.

Silverware doesn't mean anything to judge a single players ability in a team game over a 15 plus game season.

It takes 30 plus squad members. You should know this.

Silverware doesn't mean anything to judge a single players ability in a team game over a 15 plus game season.

It takes 30 plus squad members. You should know this.
Disagree to some extent, if you want to be considered a goat you have to be able to win clutch moments in big games, if your not in a team competing in those moments in hard to be put into a Goat category, for me that's a fairly decisive factor in determining very good player and great.

Disagree to some extent, if you want to be considered a goat you have to be able to win clutch moments in big games, if your not in a team competing in those moments in hard to be put into a Goat category, for me that's a fairly decisive factor in determining very good player and great.
That makes no sense. A goat player can help win a game but not a league which equates to silverware.

Just look at the squads who have won silverware, there are always average players in those squads, because a squad wins a league, not a player.

So my understanding is the way the Goat process works is - Dan Carter could be the GOAT at 10 to win a world cup. Sexton the GOAT at 10 for Ireland. My mate Jake the GOAT at 10 for Daventry All Blacks. They can claim to be the goat with an * by there names in a team sport. When the only true GOAT is Billy because he's a real goat. Got it.

Last edited:
That makes no sense. A goat player can help win a game but not a league which equates to silverware.

Just look at the squads who have won silverware, there are always average players in those squads, because a squad wins a league, not a player.
But it makes sense to compare yourself to someone who has multiple league and European ***les, individual ***les Like ballon d'or, oh and a WC ***le? Has he won many player of the tournament or world player ***les I know Hogg got a fair few? Racing were not exactly a team full of minos either.

But it makes sense to compare yourself to someone who has multiple league and European ***les, individual ***les Like ballon d'or, oh and a WC ***le? Has he won many player of the tournament or world player ***les I know Hogg got a fair few? Racing were not exactly a team full of minos either.
I took what russell said as a joke. It didn't come across seriously at all. Notwithstanding the above, Russell is still a wc FH.

I took what russell said as a joke. It didn't come across seriously at all. Notwithstanding the above, Russell is still a wc FH.
I have only seen a quick clip of it being said, I haven't watched the series, I was just stating I didn't think he was Messi in relative terms, some then proceeded that Silverware etc was meaningless in the context of goat, kind of given up with the debate at this point.

I remember the good ole says when calling someone a goat was calling them an idiot.

This obsession in sports the last few years about calling someone the Greatest of all Time is really annoying.

I remember the good ole says when calling someone a goat was calling them an idiot.

This obsession in sports the last few years about calling someone the Greatest of all Time is really annoying.
Years ago, I only ever came across the term in American darts. It has become all-pervasive now though. I guess it's become a tool for lazy journalists, but other than that, why do you find it annoying?