• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina vs Scotland

• Thread starter Incredible Schalk
  • Start date
30393175.jpg

GOOD TIMES!

Hadden has finally dropped Dan 'disaster' Parks! Godman is given his chance and it's come not a moment too soon! Finally, a positive move towards attacking rugby!!

Quite a number of changes actually

Parks, Danielle, Evans and Beattie out.

Godman in at 10, Southwell at 15, Paterson and Webster to the wings and Barclay at 7.

Hopefully De Luca can come on at 12 at some point, that way we can work with the core of the backline that Edinburgh has played with, and played well with and score some tries. I do prefer Hogg at 8, and I'm glad Mustchin has kept his place.

But kudos to Hadden, he's finally grown a pair and dropped Parks and, by the looks of it, moving away from this conservative game plan.

I have to say i dont trust Godman either but atleast he knows how to go at the line. The horror memories of Italy in 2007 will always make me a bit apprehensive when it comes to Godman. I think we can win and this time i think we will.

Good luck to Scotland but Ive got the feeling they will come up short again. If they score a try it may be a moral victory considering their difficulty in that department lately

To be fair to Godman, it may have been down to tbactics. Kicking over a rush defence can be risky, and maybe he didn't have the experience or the kicking game to do that back then. He does now, certainly at a club level. Mind you, Parks is good at a club level but total murder at international....

But Godman has been brought in cause he's creative, got a bit of pace and excellent distrubution. He takes it up flat to the defensive line, and that might help Morrison a bit and certainly it'll bring Cairns into play a bit more than last week. I think we'll see a bit more creative and attacking from Scotland given the choices FH has made.

But kudos to Hadden, he's finally grown a pair and dropped Parks and, by the looks of it, moving away from this conservative game plan. [/b]

I think he has to, as I think he's well aware that his job is on the line with these two tests and the upcoming games against the Boks and All Blacks later this year.

Scotland are up 16-0 at h/t, Barclay is gobbling up turnover ball, Godman/Morrison/Cairns are creating opportunities, Paterson is back to his metronomic best. Where the hell was this team in the 6N?

So dissapointing to leak that try at the end costing us the vital top 8 ranking. However great stuff otherwise, this is our best away win for year. 26-14, scored a couple of tries and the Pumas fans were totally silent. Pity we couldnt win last week, but an aggregate series win will do. :D

stupid rugby world, cant even put the right score up, anything to put Scotland down..

I was there in the match today. Argentina didn't play good at all, and to tell the truth the ref was a son of a *****...
Scotland played a good game, making a really good use of their penalties with Paterson. However, if Borges had scored that try he missed (after which came Parks' interception) everything would have been different.
Not sure if the best team won, but congrutulations scotland, you won fairly.

PS: The Pumas fans were never silent by the way, we kept on cheering and shouting, supporting our team till the end! As usual, as good latins ;)

I think after last week, no Argentine can complain about reffing decisions.

But good to see a win, and a couple tries being scored. Would like to see us keeping that backline from now one. It's creative, fast and exploits gaps and oppurtunites.

Ironically, I think Parks may have saved his international career. He came on, and, interception aside, played a good game in that he played to his strenght of kicking. Godman is what we want for the first hour or so, then if we're ahead i think we should be bringing Parks on to close out the game with his long kicking.

We've probably slipped in the seedings, but hey, it's 3 years to the next world cup so let's put the hard work in and then the seedings won't matter.

I remember watching some rugby show on the teevo (forget which show) and they had some Irish sports journalist on spouting some ********. He was going over the NH's chances in last week's tests, and when the host pointed out he forgot Scotland he gave a reply along the lines off "oh it's a given they'll lose, no winning in Buenos Aires".

Good to see one of the smaller NH teams actually come south and pulling off a win.

Nice to see Scotland get a win away from home; especially against Argentina. Good to see at least two NH teams come away with their reputation enhanced. :D

Nice to see Scotland get a win away from home; especially against Argentina. Good to see at least two NH teams come away with their reputation enhanced. :D
[/b]

Indeed B)

Although have to say Ireland have done pretty well, much better than the 6 nations.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Indeed B)

Although have to say Ireland have done pretty well, much better than the 6 nations.
[/b][/quote]
Oh no doubt. They still should have won though imo. They came so close but their handling was abysmal! At least they'll have a chance to redeem themselves in the Autumn; I don't think the NH has much to fear, especially with home advantage. :ph34r:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 15 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Jun 15 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jun 15 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice to see Scotland get a win away from home; especially against Argentina. Good to see at least two NH teams come away with their reputation enhanced. :D[/b]

Indeed B)

[/b][/quote]
Oh no doubt. They still should have won though imo. They came so close but their handling was abysmal! At least they'll have a chance to redeem themselves in the Autumn; I don't think the NH has much to fear, especially with home advantage. :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]
You dosey sod! Why'd you have to go and say something like that?!

Latest posts