• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina vs Scotland

• Thread starter Incredible Schalk
  • Start date
I

Incredible Schalk

Well there's been very little build up but the game starts just after 7 tonight. Dan Parks is still the flyhalf so it will no doubt be a lame attacking game from Scotland with a few new caps.

Of course the Pumas are missing a few of their best players who werent released by the French clubsider like Corletto and Hernanadez but in their first game under Phelan will still be very tough to beat.Games between the two, only Scotlands 46 point win in 1990 has there been siginficant daylight between the sides.

My prediction a close game with Evans scoring on debut to nick it at the end.

Scotland: 15 Chris Paterson, 14 Simon Danielli, 13 Ben Cairns, 12 Graeme Morrison, 11 Thom Evans, 10 Dan Parks, 9 Mike Blair ©,

8 Allister Hogg, 7 Johnnie Beattie, 6 Alasdair Strokosch, 5 Scott MacLeod, 4 Matt Mustchin, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Allan Jacobsen.

Replacements: 16 Dougie Hall, 17 Allister Dickinson, 18 Alastair Kellock, 19 Kelly Brown, 20 Rory Lawson, 21 Phil Godman, 22 Simon Webster.

Argentina: 15 Bernardo Stortoni, 14 José María Núñez Piossek, 13 Gonzalo Tiesi, 12 Felipe Contepomi ©, 11 Tomás De Vedia, 10 Federico Todeschini, 9 Nicolás Vergallo, 8 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 7 Juan Fernández Lobbe, 6 Martín Durand, 5 Esteban Lozada, 4 Ignacio Fernández Lobbe, 3 Santiago González Bonorino, 2 Ãlvaro Tejeda, 1 Marcos Ayerza.

Replacements: 16 Pablo Gambarini, 17 Juan Gómez, 18 James Stuart, 19 Alejandro Campos, 20 Alfredo Lalanne, 21 Santiago Fernández, 22 Hernán Senillosa.

Let's just say I was to accidentally stumble across a live feed from Argentina on the internet of this game.
Is there any place that I would be more than likely to do so, let say....hypothetically?

why do so many people like the Puma's? very dirty players <_<
[/b]

Why do you call us very dirty players? I'm not offended, but just curious to see different points of view.
regards from argentina, and good luck

<div class='quotemain'>
Argentina to win this game by at least 15 points.

Go Los Pumas!
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I've always liked Argentina,since I was a little boy!

They might have one or two "dirty" players in their team but then again which team doesn't?And after kicking france's ass twice in the RWC 2007 in France and being 3rd on the IRB ranking I think lots of teams should start giving them the respect that they have earned :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Just look at all the great players that they have produced, the Contepomi brothers,Hasan,Ledesma,Hernandez,Pichot ect ect...the list goes on!

And the biggest reason why I like them is because every time they play,they play with LOTS of passion and heart,cheez just look when they won france the 1st(and 2nd :p ) time in the RWC 07 they went completely nutz as if they won the World Cup! :D

watching the game on mediazon just now.
scotland attacking through the middle and getting stopped.
cairns and evans havent really done much
the defence i must say has been a lot more impressive.
and paterson misses pen from 5m touch line on the left. it had to happen
10-9

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Why do you call us very dirty players? I'm not offended, but just curious to see different points of view.
regards from argentina, and good luck
[/b][/quote]

Was meant to be tongue in cheek, wrong smiley i take it. <_<

Anyway i tried to buy the game on mediazone after the kickoff on mediazone but it wouldnt let me. So just living off crappy BBC updates, doesnt sound to bad so far.

Argentina are so good at the breakdown, they've got 5 or 6 turnovers now, Mike Blair can't be enjoying this.

scotland cant finish a game out, after conceding the penalty they did not break the gain line once.
was an improement thought

Anyway i tried to buy the game on mediazone after the kickoff on mediazone but it wouldnt let me. So just living off crappy BBC updates, doesnt sound to bad so far.
[/b]

Oh, sorry then, i guess i had not understood your comment mate.. ;)

It was a very tough game, Scotland played with a very good kicking strategy, and a good perfomance of Parks.
I thought that the match was gonna be broadcasted on the television around the world. you had to watch it on mediazone??
cheers

VAMOS ARGENTINA!

Looked a bit scrappy at times, but it was a pretty tense game from what I saw. England should be happy they didn't have a game today what with Ireland, Wales and Scotland all losing.

Looked a bit scrappy at times, but it was a pretty tense game from what I saw. England should be happy they didn't have a game today what with Ireland, Wales and Scotland all losing.
[/b]

To be honest Scotland were the only team with a chance, Wales and Ireland were playing the two standout sides in world rugby.

Didnt surprise me to see us fail to close it out, as long as we have Hadden this losing mentality will continue. His idea of a good 6 nations is beating England and a good world cup beating Italy, not good enough as there are actually some quality players in Scotland.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

It was a very tough game, Scotland played with a very good kicking strategy, and a good perfomance of Parks.
I thought that the match was gonna be broadcasted on the television around the world. you had to watch it on mediazone??
cheers

VAMOS ARGENTINA!
[/b][/quote]

Yea unfortunately sky decided to show the rubbishy Churchill cup insteas, congrats to the Pumas it was always going to be tough even with Argentina missing some top names. For those who saw it live, was it a fair reflection of the game?

Yea unfortunately sky decided to show the rubbishy Churchill cup instead
[/b]
I beg your pardon!
Did you not know that the England Saxons were playing today? You know? The England A team is a far more important game than, hehe, a Scottish International, *snigger*.
I daresay that I will report your ignorant and un-educated attitude to Stuart Barnes, Dewi Morris and the whole Sky Sports company if you do not retract than moronic statement!

:bleh!:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

To be honest Scotland were the only team with a chance, Wales and Ireland were playing the two standout sides in world rugby.

Didnt surprise me to see us fail to close it out, as long as we have Hadden this losing mentality will continue. His idea of a good 6 nations is beating England and a good world cup beating Italy, not good enough as there are actually some quality players in Scotland.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

cheers

VAMOS ARGENTINA!
[/b][/quote]

Yea unfortunately sky decided to show the rubbishy Churchill cup insteas, congrats to the Pumas it was always going to be tough even with Argentina missing some top names. For those who saw it live, was it a fair reflection of the game? [/b][/quote]

Im sorry but it could well be that Argentina did not want to sell the tv rights to the game / no one was interested in buying the rights!

At the end of the day an option of purchasing was available online but to be honest I enjoyed the rugby that was played in the Churchill Cup!

I caught this game....illegally I might add.
Really good game, even if a little scrappy, Argentina deserved the win but I think it was the best game Scotland have played in a long time, tactically.

The new infusion from the new coaches and players seems to have stepped up Scotland a gear. At least they went looking for a try at the end.

Seems like both sides have stepped up, Argentina are the more startling considering the number of players still in (scumbag) France.

We really needed that win, as we are duffing around in 10th in the world rankings a win last night would have got us to 8th ahead of Ireland and Fiji. Now the second seeding in the world cup will be tough, results are needed immediately starting with a win next weekend.

For the record, it seems that ESPN had the coverage of the game. Anyone in Yank-land take note...

EDIT: Also...looking at the highlights and by the size of the stadium and how full it was, the attendence looks suspiciously more than 10,000....

Latest posts