7 Javier Ortega Desio
6 Facundo Isa
5 Tomás Lavanini
4 Guido Petti
3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
2 Agustín Creevy (c)
1 Marcos Ayerza

Reserves:

16 Matías Cortese, 17 Lucas Noguera Paz, 18 Ramiro Herrera, 19 Lucas Ponce, 20 Tomás Lezana, 21 Martín Landajo, 22 Santiago González Iglesias, 23 Lucas González Amorosino

22 November 2014
21:00 CET (UTC+1)

City: Paris
Stadium: Stade de France
Capacity: 81,338
Referee: George Clancy (IRE)

141116055705114655.jpg

Last edited:
Notre bête noire... I'm always weary of the Pumas. I think this will be our hardest test yet.

no, definitely Wallabies...and everybody's our bête noire under PSA !!! :D

The Pumas are riding their meh form atm. They will surely attack us in the best way they can: the physicality aspect. France might although it is not to be expected put their arms down commitment-wise after a very big effort last Saturday thinking "we're good, we're done, our job is done. We beat a big team". Now maybe the defense and hunger for battle will be tamed and the Pumas will throw everything they've got as they haven't shown much attacking in November and are missing key pieces. Their confidence isn't the highest atm and they're in France, a third away test in a row.

On paper, there's no doubt who has the advantage. But with their grittiness, their harshness and spirit, they can try to beat us up, bully us in the scrum (especially if old and burnt Mas starts - me, I would call in Slimani...) and then they have enough in Nico Sanchez running the show and some good backs to finish off the job.

Of course in pro sports, anything can happen, especially with a side like France. But my prediction is we'll beat them comfortably. France isn't necessarily up and down from one test to the next, and right now I think their confidence is high and they're riding a great feeling of accomplishment and a strong dynamic. They won't want to let go and finish with a loss this positive tour, and they've been so hungry for success (which they deserve).

I think we'll underestimate them perhaps early in the game, find ourselves trailing, a bit like 2012, but then come back with our class doing the talking (Lopez, Fofana, Huget, Spedding, Thomas...) and with Bastareaud likely to start I've read, they'll have their hands full. Our defense is too sound, our attacking has returned a bit, our pack has been dominant (even if clumsy in spurts)...I see a comfortable France win, not by 30 obviously we're still the PSA-era France, but a good win.

Last edited:
Slimani and Antonio should start IMHO. The pumas have been really poor this year and if they play like they did against Scotland France could actually put 50 on them.

What is clear to me is: I HAVE to get that hoodie.

Harsh defeat to us by 1 point, 5 at max.

French side:

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Maxime Mermoz, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Teddy Thomas, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Sébastien Tillous-Borde, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Sébastien Vahaamahina, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Benjamin Kayser, 1 Xavier Chiocci

Replacements from: Alexandre Menini, Guilhem Guirado, Uini Atonio, Alexandre Flanquart, Yoann Maestri, Yannick Nyanga, Charles Ollivon, Rory Kockott, Rémi Talès, Mathieu Bastareaud, Maxime Médard, Benjamin Fall

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/XVFrance?src=hash">#XVFrance</a> Voici le XV de départ pour <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FRAARG?src=hash">#FRAARG</a> ainsi que les potentiels remplaçants. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/soutienslexv?src=hash">#soutienslexv</a> <a href="http://t.co/efFt9ZIueN">pic.twitter.com/efFt9ZIueN</a></p>&mdash; FFR officiel (@FFR_officiel) <a href="https://twitter.com/FFR_officiel/status/535036683600035840">November 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
^ aawwww, for fucck's......STOP BEATING ME TO IT, PERFIDIOUS ROSBIF, YOU !!!!!

Mermoz at 13 ?...I would've seen more Fof at 13 and Mermoz at 12, but okay...Papé and Vahaa at locks, two heavy weight warriors...good we're not playing the Wallabies with that, much too meaty and slow.
Aaaaaaahhh so they're going with Mas anyway against the Pumas ??....he's done for, done for, done for. A million times done for, no discussion...Chiocci+Mas, against the Pumas scrum, are they fuccking CLUELESS ??!!!!!....we're going to get penalized at crumtime, ohh dear....I think they're going to have to bring in Atonio pretty fat, I mean fast.

That shows you the amateurism of this French staff. Chiocci looks alright on a couple of scrums against the Aussies, one where he was scrummaging at an angle (as he often does...) and they now think he's a starter against the Pumas' scrum, over a much more experienced Menini...

I don't get why they use Mermoz ! He's not very good at all ... I would have perferred to see 12.Fofana 13.Basta ! They are our best centres and they need to play toghether. Why all these changes ? Enough of tests, we need stability to find a starting team now, we're only 10 months to the world cup and have been testing players for 3 years now !

French side:

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Yoann Huget, 13 Maxime Mermoz, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Teddy Thomas, 10 Camille Lopez, 9 Sébastien Tillous-Borde, 8 Damien Chouly, 7 Bernard Le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Sébastien Vahaamahina, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 Benjamin Kayser, 1 Xavier Chiocci

Replacements from: Alexandre Menini, Guilhem Guirado, Uini Atonio, Alexandre Flanquart, Yoann Maestri, Yannick Nyanga, Charles Ollivon, Rory Kockott, Rémi Talès, Mathieu Bastareaud, Maxime Médard, Benjamin Fall

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" ***le="Embedded Tweet" height="603"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for the lineup ;)<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Mermoz?? Is Dumoulin injured??
If there's no injuries then you shouldn't change a winning team!
Apart from a little tinkering in the front 5 I think I would have kept it the same.

I don't get why they use Mermoz ! He's not very good at all ... I would have perferred to see 12.Fofana 13.Basta ! They are our best centres and they need to play toghether. Why all these changes ? Enough of tests, we need stability to find a starting team now, we're only 10 months to the world cup and have been testing players for 3 years now !

Mermoz is currently regarded as perhaps the best center in the Top 14 this season by some. He's one of the rare centers who can give the right pass on almost every occasion, runs well, scores tries, good stepping, sound on defense, he's quick, and has a ton of experience. And those are the November tests, they've always been about trying out some new faces and with Mermoz's good form these past two years it's been a screaming option than to finally not only pick him, but PLAY him. His partnership with Bastareaud at Toulon is absolutely brilliant, I think the best there is in Europe right now. He constantly goes underrated because everybody sees Bastareaud's huge hits and turnovers or picking 5 guys on his back and making the offload, but if you'd watched Toulon closely at all during some matches these past two years you'd know.

I'm happy he's finally getting some recognition. He won't be as powerful as Dubourrin, but he can create space and step, so he's more of a class line breaker than a battering ram with a real pass.

Two more tries for Teddy Thomas.

This kid was good in the Junior rugby championship last year running it back from fullback and always breaking/avoiding the first tackle and I was excited when I heard he was picked up By Racing Metro but, damn, 4 tries in 2 test matches on the year you debut in both pro club rugby and international rugby? That's nothing short of special. Congrats to the lad, keep it up, please (for both club and country!). You can say well Fiji was Fiji BUT they managed to stay close with Wales and that try vs Aus just shouldn't have happened he was so well covered... too no avail;

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be fuccking thrilled if he got another, or even better two more ! And given the Bleus' willingness to play wide consistently and attack, I can see it happening fairly easily. What a start for this kid, what a start...

Btw, Dumoulin and Maestri out injured, that's why the changes were made, but I hold firmly Mermoz is a very good option at center. I hope he doesn't look too disoriented and can play to his strengths at least 80-85% what he does for Toulon.

(not a double)
Also, I've a few apprehensions about this, I must concede...

Last time the Pumas came to town, Mas was still Mas and Forestier and Domingo were good/very good on the LH side. With Chiocci and zombie old Mas, boy...I've got my reserves about this front row matchup...

Last edited by a moderator:
The way the French have played for the last 2 games i expect another victory against Argentina.The backs will be dominant and i believe they have far too much class for the opposition . Up front it will be tough as Agentina have always had a very good scrum, the front row chosen by France is very good technically and that is why they have been chosen, Antonio is for me an impact player who could come on for 30/40 mins and make the difference that is why he is not starting, for once PSA has realised his potential and has used it well. Teddy has to stand up as far as his defence is concerned as he will be targeted and the Argies will keep a close eye on him, his days of open spaces will soon be over as teams are starting to realise his attacking potential. The back row is very good and deserves to stay with Nyanga another choice on the bench if needed. When all the injured players return positions will become competitive and that should improve France's chances even more, but still have to say that as long as PSA and his muppets stay France will never be Glorious!!! good maybe but never Glorious!!!!

The way the French have played for the last 2 games i expect another victory against Argentina.The backs will be dominant and i believe they have far too much class for the opposition . Up front it will be tough as Agentina have always had a very good scrum, the front row chosen by France is very good technically and that is why they have been chosen, Antonio is for me an impact player who could come on for 30/40 mins and make the difference that is why he is not starting, for once PSA has realised his potential and has used it well. Teddy has to stand up as far as his defence is concerned as he will be targeted and the Argies will keep a close eye on him, his days of open spaces will soon be over as teams are starting to realise his attacking potential. The back row is very good and deserves to stay with Nyanga another choice on the bench if needed. When all the injured players return positions will become competitive and that should improve France's chances even more, but still have to say that as long as PSA and his muppets stay France will never be Glorious!!! good maybe but never Glorious!!!!

I obviously agree with that, but what terrible news this morning to wake up to:
Teddy Thomas has been dropped for what would've been his third consecutive start for les bleus as he didn't show up for training the other day, which is intolerable and will be replaced by Médard on the wing...
Two things: at Rugby, even today in 2014-15 I don't understand how a kid can have this mentality. He scored 4 tries so he's untouchable he thought...miserable, miserable state of mind.
Then, we have a hungry hungry and talented PURE WINGER Benjamin Fall on the bench who plays FB the whole year in MP who would've REVELED in playing one start against the Pumas, in stead we use an old average formula of a fullback played on the wing...long live PSA.

Aww Teddy you silly silly boy!

Got too big for his boots after just 2 caps... really hope he learns from this and come backs stronger.

Médard is basically the opposite to Teddy! Very consistent in defence, very little attacking flair... he's only scored 1 try for us as wing this season.

Last edited:

Latest posts