• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 3rd Test - Perth

yeah we used to use stones, when i was a kid anyway. wouldnt have a clue what i weigh, in stones or kilograms that is

I think what this metric/imperial nonsense is trying to show is that Mahmood is bowling at a decent lick, be that kilometres or miles.

true and Monty will want to do something about his economy rate, at one stage today he was going at over 4 an over but did manage to pull it back to his credit.

yeah but that one over from symonds was a biggy, 16 off it? that distorts the figures a bit, and he got him out in the end so its justifyable for flintoff to keep him on. good job old chap

true and Monty will want to do something about his economy rate, at one stage today he was going at over 4 an over but did manage to pull it back to his credit.
[/b]

Only coz of radical Symonds

to play like that in a TEST when ur 4 down for 150 odd is a disgrace...BUT BUT BUT....in saying that I always believe in playing your own game...and Symonds game is aggresive.......I rather him get out slogging on 30, than get out defending in a hole/rutt that u dont belong in.

Hussey - what can we say........what cant you say..........u cant say anything...he is the anchor man!!!!

I have a strong belief he will retire with the 2nd greatest TEST avg of all time......2nd to the DON

if he keeps getting big not outs like he did that innings he could leap frog him!!!

but i totally agree, he is a run machine!!!

[/b]

The chap was really flagging I think towards the end. I think all the excitement and steaming around the outfield wore the lil' fella out :zzz:

Bless :bravo:

yeah but he only had 1 real spell of bowling. he was obviosuly kept for the older ball as he had 1 over after lunch.

or was that before? i think it was after :)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
i was surprised that mahmood was getting close if not to 150<strike>kph</strike>. he just looks so relaxed while he was bowling.
[/b]

Speak English please ;). Is that, like 90mph?
[/b][/quote]

No, it's like 150 KILOMETRES per hour :p . It's the 21st century bud, get with the program and start using the metric system, it just makes so much more sense.

Sorry, but usually it's the yanks who whinge about people using the metric system.
[/b][/quote]

hahaha I'm not whinging, and metric isn't 21st century, its a system instigated by Napoleon's France as a way of ensuring Franco domination of Europe :p

Aannnyway, in the UK we use both systems. By law, everything has to be in both Imperial and Metric. The only exceptions are pints of beer, Miles, Miles Per Hour (far more manly than the bloody wimpy KPH) and the bizarre human weights called "stone."

So nyah! :p
[/b][/quote]

I hate to be pedantic, but I wasn't actually claiming that the metric system was 21st century... rather that being it is now the 21st century you're more than a little behind the times to not be using it :p

Just have a look at the countries using it as opposed to those who aren't:
800px-SI-metrication-world.png

It may be French, but it's also a superior and more logical system.

So nyah to you :p

Lunch day 2 6/122... brilliant session for the aussies

Clarke is damn near unplayable atm ..... and a nice little spell from Symonds just before lunch picking up 2 for 8

The scary thing is that Warne hasn't had a bowl yet.

at 6/122 they haven't even needed him! They'll only bring him out if England start scoring some runs.

Aussies ended play at 1/119... got a 4 of the last ball of the day! Not bad end to the second day of play for our boys after everything looked to be going to ****!

Ashes over unless we get the Aussies all out for under 250. Which we won't.

Latest posts