• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 3rd Test - Perth

Just heard the Trumpeter strike up for the first time with the Kentucky Derby bugle to cheers all around the crowd! :)

well and truly gone now, currently 328-3 with a lead of 357, this should be over by tomorow.

What in the name of christ was Jones doing trying to attempt that catch, it was Pietersen's all the way, if that isn't a sign of desperation than I don't know what is.

Another wicket for Monty as I'm typing, still a lost cause though 394 lead with 5 wickets left.

What a century for Gilly, the second fastest in test history!

Best 100 i've ever seen! maybe even better than Steve Waugh's 100 at the SCG a few years ago.

He just missed the record for the quickest test century ever by one ball :wall:... Bloody poms and their negative tactics :p

It sucked he missed getting the fastest 100 in test history, but in a way it's fitting that that record stays with a West Indian... I mean, they did go 15 YEARS without losing a test series!

Best 100 i've ever seen! maybe even better than Steve Waugh's 100 at the SCG a few years ago.

He just missed the record for the quickest test century ever by one ball :wall:... Bloody poms and their negative tactics :p
[/b]

Holy ****, he was only on 8 when I left this morning and he made a century, class act.

We may aswell lose 5-0 no, at least the media will put some pressure on us to get off our arses and evaluate how we go about a test series.

Firstly starting here ''Coach Duncan Fletcher is still hoping that England can attain the mammoth 557 needed to win the third Ashes Test. ''

That is all...

BM

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Holy ****, he was only on 8 when I left this morning and he made a century, class act.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, he hit 50 and it was just as though he thought "well stuff it, we're in a great position now so I'm just gonna throw caution into the wind and go nuts!" ... unfortunately for England the confidence combined with him seemingly not caring about getting out just made him unstoppable!
Seriously, when he got 24 runs off that one over of Panasas... GREAT cricket.

I think it was a couple of years ago, he went mental in the test at Syndey and was hitting the ball all over the park, pretty sure he got a big century, but it was just incredible to watch, better watch the highlights later. Poxy finals making me miss it this morning.

Yeah the amazing thing about the century was that he was playing pretty conservatively during his first 50(off 40 balls), and as Sanzar said he just went nuts after that ,scoring his next 50 off just 17 balls.

He said in an interview after the game that he had no idea the record was there for the taking.I find that hard to believe the way he was swinging at anything towards the end there.

Couldn't have asked for a better day for us West Aussies really, both our boys scoring 100's at home(shame about Langer though)

An Tarbh, first you miss day 5 of the Adelaide test, now you miss this..... Whats going on mate? wheneva you stop watching the poms fall apart........................................... keep it up! :p

ps. Watson re-injured his hamstring playing for Queensland this afternoon,poor bugger.

You're right any action I miss and there's always a huge developement in the test.

To counter this though I think it would be better if Australia just moved closer to South Africa so as to be in a more considerate time zone, you can bring NZ along if you like. :bleh!:

Eng 1/165

This series is not quite over yet.

The aussies showed yesterday that if your good enough you can score alot of runs on this pitch.

Still a slight chance for the poms.

An Tarbh, turn your bloody TV off :angry:

EDIT: 2/170, Warne gets Bell

didn't watch any of it, decided to sleep instead, guess that's your theory out the window then :bleh!:

well they're there already but I think they might get their hands on that vile crystal version as well :p

England just lost the ashes.

It's a long way to come for nothing...
It's a long way to come.
It's a long way to come.
It's a long way to come.
It's a long way to come.
It's a long way to come.
It's a long way to come.

Wahahahahahah

:champion: :champion: :champion: :champion: :champion: :champion: :champion: :champion:

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

69767.jpg

Great effort from both teams... Australia just own the game at the moment, the word is 'class'.
3-0 and Melbourne coming up... any bets on 5-0 on the Aussies?

Feel for Flintoff, what administration made him captain? have to bat, have to bowl... big ask...
P is for POOR, O is the for the next part of 'POOR' another 'O' is for more POOR and of course 'R' is the last part of 'POOR'....

Lots of 'POOR'...

Still some good individual efforts from the Poms.... sadly though, looks like winning the rugby world cup screwed you, and now it looks like winning the ashes last time round screwed you as well.

Bent over and humped... better luck next time...

AND... it's a long way to come for nothing.... it's a long way to come...

Ha ha ha, I guess normal service has been resumed.

For all the banter, it was an excellent series through its competetive stage (and bloody hell was it competetive at times!) and both teams had their chances..it was just that one team was talented enough and determined enough to grab those chances.

They say that the team who wants it more, wins. I would say this was one is a textbook example :)

Well played Australia, see you in 18 months, I hope this'll make England want to compete even more and that can only mean yet more nailbiting and exciting cricket for everyone! :)

Latest posts