• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Final - Tigers vs Saints

Good game of rugby ruined by the ref being a pussy. Barnes makes a mockery of the game.

There is absolutely no ****ing way that Hartley can get a red for alledgedly swearing, and Tigers don't have to suffer at all for Cockrills screaming at the touchline ref. Absolute madness. Northampton shouldn't even come back out. Hartley probably talking to someone else as well.

I don't think Barnes was right with his response to Myler kicking it out as well.

You can tell by the way Barnes is talking that he isn't emotionally in control.

Last edited:
He was told off for chatting back to the ref earlier in the match. Commentators saying Hartley may have swore at Barnes. I'd have thought a yellow would have sufficed though...
Just rewinded he called Barnes a fu*king cheat, he's such a scumbag, no place for that in rugby.

I'd have thought a yellow would have sufficed though...

Swearing at a ref is a red card, and rightly so. No place for it, and one of the things that makes rugby better than football, there's no sh*t allowed towards a ref.

Good point, wonder whether Myler was too clever for the ref?

Looked like Myler meant to do what he did, he just wasn't listening to the ref, and none of the N'hampton players made sure he'd heard.

I'm glad a Ref has gone out and done that I'm sick of seeing it in rugby, that and diving red cards in my book, but i'm a little over the top.

Swearing at a ref is a red card, and rightly so. No place for it, and one of the things that makes rugby better than football, there's no sh*t allowed towards a ref.

Why wasn't Crane sent off for what his coach was doing after that hit on Flood then?

Fair point, I've changed my mind, red card is fair. I thought he'd just said something like "for f*** sake" or something - a throwaway swear word or something. To insult the ref is pretty disgraceful.

Wouldn't be too upset to see him drop from the Lions too... Best was unlucky not to make it the first time anyway.

Why wasn't Crane sent off for what his coach was doing after that hit on Flood then?

Because Hartley had already been warned. He'd obviously already said a few things, and to say that = red card in my book. There is absolutely no need for it, not when Barnes had done everything right in the lead up to the incident. He had no choice but to award a free kick after making it clear that the ball couldn't be kicked out from the restart, then the scrum was a blatant penalty.

Also, any evidence that Cockerilll was swearing?

Fair point, I've changed my mind, red card is fair. I thought he'd just said something like "for f*** sake" or something - a throwaway swear word or something. To insult the ref is pretty disgraceful.

Wouldn't be too upset to see him drop from the Lions too... Best was unlucky not to make it the first time anyway.

I would be, in a way.
Remove Hartley's personality and he's actually been on really good form recently.

Cockerill is a right...first four letters of his name.
Hopefully he gets some sort of punishment from the RFU/PRL/whoever for his actions after the Flood hit.

I would be, in a way.
Remove Hartley's personality and he's actually been on really good form recently.

Hopefully he gets some sort of punishment from the RFU/PRL/whoever for his actions after the Flood hit.

At the same time I think his personality could have a negative effect on tour.

Certainly, if he was out of line (I missed it) he deserves a ban from the touchline/a fine. But there's nothing the ref can do during a game, other than send him to the stands, unlike racingmetrofan asking for a player to be sent off because of it :lol:

I think Barnes has been spot on during the whole match. Reffed really well. He was completely right at the end in relation to the 22 drop-out, the ball has to hit the ground before going out or it would result in a scrum as the ball didn't 'technically' come back into play. The red card, completely correct as well, don't want abuse of the ref appearing in the game.

Because Hartley had already been warned. He'd obviously already said a few things, and to say that = red card in my book. There is absolutely no need for it, not when Barnes had done everything right in the lead up to the incident. He had no choice but to award a free kick after making it clear that the ball couldn't be kicked out from the restart, then the scrum was a blatant penalty.

Also, any evidence that Cockerilll was swearing?

Look at the tape - he had to be lead away by some senior ref guy. As Dorian West is saying at the moment...

Cockerill is just generally a dick. Smug when winning, no grace in losing.

Elliott coming off? Stupid.

It's been a great game I've gotta say. N'hampton have played some lovely stuff, a lot of it revolving around Foden.

I've really noticed a step-up in the quality of attacking rugby over the last month or so in all competitions. I wish we could have Summer rugby so we could see more this sort of rugby.

"Manu Tuilagi might just have delivered the knockout blow to Northampton"

Remind anyone of something?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a great game I've gotta say. N'hampton have played some lovely stuff, a lot of it revolving around Foden.

I've really noticed a step-up in the quality of attacking rugby over the last month or so in all competitions. I wish we could have Summer rugby so we could see more this sort of rugby.

Yes! I completely agree - imagine the six nations played at this time of year! I really think it would make a big difference in entertainment terms.

Latest posts