• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC - Full version.....

defintely agree about buying games in blocks always means you have something good to play. Planetcricket is ver divivded now between those that love blic and those that love ea's poor attempt cricket 2005

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 27 2005, 01:32 PM
defintely agree about buying games in blocks always means you have something good to play. Planetcricket is ver divivded now between those that love blic and those that love ea's poor attempt cricket 2005
That can easily explained:

It is really the argument between those that have bought the game and must justify to them selves that it is better so as to not feel suicidal about their own ignorance

AND

Those who know they got it right.

I fpeople like demo more....well, that's it for me. lol!!

But I have played the EA and it was just goddamn awful...I made my statements and review, no need to repeat myself, except to say that it was truly awful.

and I quite liked 2002........you could dominate batting and could field to a certain extent etc.......some things were good. cricket 2004 and 2004 are just one step foward and 2 steps backwards as has been stated by others (but this describes their incompetence perfectly).

Bring on blics.....

combined with three other new games and then league.....I won't make a purchase for almost a year (will cave to proev 5 at some point no doubt - but not while league is burning up the ps2 in three hours blocks (can't get too carried away on the pj or I will no longer have the puppy).

Blics! Blics! Blics!! (Lord of the Flies-like chant starts up) Blics! Blics!

I know it is actually BLIC, but I call it blics like we all called it Jonahs instead of Jonah....It is just waht you do.

<

well u have no idea of the developments overnight

Game.Net f***ED MY ORDER................f***ED THE ORDER...f***ED BRIAN OVER BACKWARDS AND SIDEWAYS - YES I AM
<
****** OFF

something to do with the credit card - BULLSHIT

order was cancelled

I now go an order from codies - order sent

I email Game.net to tell them to f*** themselves the sore TEST losers, knowing they are sending to OZ, and decided to f*** me

they send
> Thanks for your email.
>
> I have replaced the order and it appears to have gone through
> successfully. There may have been a problem with your card due to it
> expiring at the end of this month.
>
> Also, the price of this game has been reduced from £32.99 to £29.99,
> thus giving you a total saving of £9.
>
> Your order will be dispatched as soon as possible.
>
> Apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

so because they f***ED it, they re-processed with success (WITHOUT PERMISSION) and now i have 2 outstanding BLIC orders of 3 copies going around the planet - this is all last night

Today - i have NO confirmation of new tracking #'s or anything from game - everyone in the UK is in bed..my codies order is in lingo aswell

Step up
www.dvdcrave.com
I place another order with these local aussie guys - my UK orders are in mister no mans land, with everyone asleep

i call them up 20mins later

Yes ur order has been processed, paid, and dispatched
in 20mins my order has been paid and left the building, and confirmation of tomorrow delivery via express at my work.

GOD I LOVE MY FELLOW COUNTRYMAN

I honestly reckon game.net screwed me coz of the address it was being sent to AUSTRALIA

So tomorrow i will receive BLIC's as my persistence evidently pays
Tonite i am on the blower calling United FlingDom, to cancel everything
My business has been taken eslewhere, and funds remain in the country

Its times like these you really get on ur pommy bashing, especially given the game i got and the cricket series thats on!

man thats really bad luck. glad your getting the game though. Your story is just how it somtimes can go when ordering from overseas.

if you can't cancel one of the orders and you get to many copies ill buy one off ya
<

Well i successfully cancelled all my UK orders - thank god

I have GPS confirmation my game is in Mascot Depot as at 7:30am this morning
<

10000% i am getting it today
<

Its only 30min drive from my house and that was 3.5 hours ago
<

Delivery today without a shadow of a doubt

<
<
<
<

"as a general rule triangle button will produce a straight ball of varying
speed and bounce depedning on the bowler"

this is a squirt from the instruction manual - something i didnt know from the demo

yes it arrived

AK47 - happiest man
<

more snippets

as the match progresses, footmarks will wear into the pitch,.......there
are especeially important to spin bowlers who can gain extra purchase (love
the wording) and turn on the ball by bowling into these marks.

"Select from a range of fully licensed balls, each with its own unique
properties"

PITCH TYPES Green, Hard, Normal, Dry, Crumbling, Damp, Sticky, Artificial!!!!!!!

Right arm spin bowler

x - faster legspinner
Tri - topspinner
Sq - Slower legspinner
o - googly

Right arm offspin bowler

x - faster offspin
tri - topspinner
sq - arm ball
o - slower offspiner

for the left handed bowler its the same except o and sqaure are swapped
around

8 different special deliveries across all the different bowlers......

CREATE-A-PLAYER
Once you have set your player skills, you go to the kit bag screen. You
can then set what cricket kit manufacturer you wish your career player to
use. Selecting a manufacturer will set the basic kit the player will use,
but you can also select a SPECIFIC BAT. Changing the weight of the bat will
affect certain elements of your batting style (e.g a heavy bat will
increase you power rating but reduce your timing. After selecting your bat
and weight, select the type of sunscreen that you player will wear on those
blazing summer days.

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 28 2005, 04:49 PM
"as a general rule triangle button will produce a straight ball of varying
speed and bounce depedning on the bowler"

this is a squirt from the instruction manual - something i didnt know from the demo

yes it arrived

AK47 - happiest man
<

more snippets

as the match progresses, footmarks will wear into the pitch,.......there
are especeially important to spin bowlers who can gain extra purchase (love
the wording) and turn on the ball by bowling into these marks.

"Select from a range of fully licensed balls, each with its own unique
properties"

PITCH TYPES Green, Hard, Normal, Dry, Crumbling, Damp, Sticky, Artificial!!!!!!!

Right arm spin bowler

x - faster legspinner
Tri - topspinner
Sq - Slower legspinner
o - googly

Right arm offspin bowler

x - faster offspin
tri - topspinner
sq - arm ball
o - slower offspiner

for the left handed bowler its the same except o and sqaure are swapped
around

8 different special deliveries across all the different bowlers......

CREATE-A-PLAYER
Once you have set your player skills, you go to the kit bag screen. You
can then set what cricket kit manufacturer you wish your career player to
use. Selecting a manufacturer will set the basic kit the player will use,
but you can also select a SPECIFIC BAT. Changing the weight of the bat will
affect certain elements of your batting style (e.g a heavy bat will
increase you power rating but reduce your timing. After selecting your bat
and weight, select the type of sunscreen that you player will wear on those
blazing summer days.
cool, I'd like to talk about it, but all my posts are being deleted my mavericks like NZL fan who doesn't even have 1000 posts himself. What happened to a reasonable level of freedom of speech?

I won't bother postsing or writing anymore then - it'll just get deleted anyway.

Enjoy the game...AK - you got it..well done bro!!! Enjoy...I can't come bacl and talk about it in threads that I set up. Real pity - was gonna go hard on tips and review etc for antipodeans waiting for it...

I'm pretty sure it is all NZLfan who now wants to excersize nazi authority because of being proven wrong in the past and harbouring jealousy etc....

PS - I have PMed this to you bro...if it doesn't appear here...it got deleted too and yes, NZL fan, you have not a clue and should not be a mod if you are doing this.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 30 2005, 03:43 PM
Lol,

Los Lover threw a sulk as well and buggered off.
<

made of tougher stuff than that!!

I'm disappointed that nzl fan left, but then he did erase about an hour of my life (about five posts) so.........

yeah I was ****** off with him, but we WERE off topic, so fair is fair...

come on back nzl fan...you obviously understand that so many posts cannot be erased so flippantly, but certainly leaving would be OTT and if it would make you return:

I am sorry.

Originally posted by bman2112@Jul 30 2005, 01:25 AM
you still not got it Los?? (the game that is)
nah!

but I have a couple of new games anyway....and it left UK tuesday.....on a 5-7 day trip...

so should be here by Tuesday...

I can live with that
<

Oh and for the one and only time I can truly say something for everyone with out someone saying "you don't speak for me"...

and that thing is this:

NZL fan come back.

Please.

(but only delete my really silly posts)

<

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 30 2005, 04:58 PM
I'm disappointed that nzl fan left, but then he did erase about an hour of my life (about five posts) so.........

yeah I was ****** off with him, but we WERE off topic, so fair is fair...
Exactly...I'm glad (if somewhat surprised it was you) some people think like that.

Meh, I dont care about the League stuff, I just didnt like the way he tried to cover up the fact he did it.

But the stuff in the Off Topic he did delete ****** me off...

Either way this aint the time nor the place.

game has arrived....

took wicket in 1st game!!

Went straight into a "village" level ICC knockout trophy....1st game versus Pakistan...

We were in trouble, but combined our brotherly talents to survive the 20 over contest and post a fighting 121/9 ....

Enter Pakistan.....who look set to win until the clamps come on and a ten minute fielding change occurs for the last over....

Maccas finds the edge for the first wicket (caught first slip) and pandemonium ensued....cricket 2005 in a million years (nor any other EA effort) could match the feeling it brought for satisfaction and genuine intensity.......out for 75, the opener was given quite some send off on and off the game!!!

Then my brother showed the uncanny skill that sees him beat me in as many games as he is beaten (at least).....and he bowled two dot balls...

NZ - 121/9
PAK - 118/1

What a game!!!!!

Not to mention that my brother stood tall with Tuffey and hit a straight six off the last ball of the innings....No need to mention how important that was then....

man! been the only kiwi with the game is sooooooooooooooo sweet!!!

Right! off to start the ashes before bed.........(even though I am a kiwi....might throw my created player into the midst......

Names are so easy to change....took 10 mins to change NZ, Oz and England....

lol! Yeah, what a hassle!!!

Game moves so fast if you want it to.....it is unreal.

Our whole game was one hour......and, as I say, we set fields for 10-15 of that.

Cricket 2005.....wait, no - I've wasted enough breath on that turd. Back to Blics..................

Literally.

<

HOLY S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<

Well hang on......I sensed it was good from the first cliffhanger......but after three hours of total enjoyment and no lag in my first ahses test, there is no denying it for mine...

This is it.

If PES4 is the best sports game for the sport it is that I ever played (and to a degree Madden 2005), then this is the best sports game I ever played. You know what I mean? Cos I like cricket more than soccer.

This is way off the chart on rugby 2005, any s*** EA cricket efforts (not even comparable in any way shape or form....you want all the stats and no gameplay? Buy a wisden book) and sjnrl etc etc...

I can't review, so much as just let this description of the first test of the ashes (tour - w/ 5 match test series and 3 internatioals...all names changed
<
)

First test...

where else?

Lords.

County level (it's best to jump in at the deepend if you game®

The day starts off fine.....

We go to the toss and I should mention here that Bell's place has been taken by none other than myself who is making his test match debut (I swear the excitement was like playing games when you are a little kid...awesome), I shall call the player loslover.....lol!!

I win the toss.

good ol' heads
<

I'll bat (although both I have already learned are immersive)...cos hey, the pitch is hard.

But hang on....it's county, it is my 2nd game ever...and aussie are pumped!!!!

The pace of the game and the way its nuances slowly come to being are truly sensational IMO...this isn't just the best arcade cricket game IMO - it is the best cricket sim too....easily. The background ambience in the test was spine-tingling (jets flying overhead and people sharing a laugh on the hill)

game is underway....

I start well...

Clearly too excited I clip a couple of mighty sixes away with Strauss and then get caught at first slip having survived ten overs+ more of McGrath and Gillespie only to get wiped out by Lee....of course.

Then it's a brief el calapso magic....as can be the case with Lee throwing in magic balls (the way this whole system is used along with fielding on screen by you and the cpu is dreamy stuff for a sports game that also runs at this speed) that are going half-tracker and then yorker who on the toe (batter collapsing away in pain as Lee celebrates and heckling is clearly heard: 'yeah get out of here' or something close...dropped my head and everything...it's enjoyable enough to really get quite emotional lol (especially in these admittedly early stages - but I hated cricket 2005 after 20 minutes)!

Okay the game...sorry - the match:

wickets tumble...Vaughan is also abused lol!! but deserves it for getting hit twice (once in the head) and then getting hit plum by a slower ball.
<

Oh well...

I'm well-pumped even though I am reeling at 44-4, but I am too nervous to bring myself in...it was that hard out...so I shimmyed him down the order and brought out Jones up the order....Lee said : "Really" and ripped his middle stump clean out of the ground.

Do I bite the bullet now?

after that?

Yeah right...lol!!!

No it's time for double trouble and like a great game of real sport...

It works.
<

With a keen eye on the ball out of the hand (for even on blocks the timing bar is constantly measuring you, teaching you, punishing you - it works well IMO) Lee gets a bit of how's your father and gets sent not once, not twice, but thrice out of the ground by Pietersen....gaming nirvana
<
as the third was a defiant straight six off a super slower ball...this game got me fistpumping (I can't remember the last time I got this excited playing a game, let alone such a superficially sedate one).

It doesn't last forever....Flintoff succumbing for 20 odd....

But Pietersen is on 30 and is finally joined by moi....

when the unthinkable and unsettling occurrence occurs (sorry)....the dimming light that had struggled to pick up the ball in turns out to be realistic weather atmospheric whatever...and there is rain!! Yes! Rain!!

For 139 overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah!!

So whammo....its the end of day 2 and I come out to bat on bad light again!!! Si hard out..lol.

and then moi goes packing after an excitable, stoic, but fairly futile 1 off 12
<

<

Oh well......(cricket involves two forms......
<
) and for my first innings with my created player stats chosen from a low amount and transferred to the attributes (you choose a bat and stuff too), I didn't have the skill to take on Lee, McGrath etc........YET! it IS a 5 match series!

So.....Pietersen tries to get the tail to hang around...they don't, but then at 9 down, neither does he....caught with a very nice running back and leaping high catch on the boundary for 41 or something....actually it was all earily like the first test....which made it even more fun!!

All out

ENG - 144

Australia come out and it's all tension and plays and misses and blocks and the occasional single....this becomes fours and the odd six and I realise I need something....a few fielding chnages...nope....

and then after a great over by Harmison, Hoggard finally backed up at the other end and bent one back to rip out Hayden's off stump at put ausie 40/1....

I was out of my chair....it was magic! seriously...

I make a change at the other end, with all the excitement I realise I am in the team and so I will have a bowl....Ponting has already smeared Hoggard for a ridiculously enormously large six over the roof (well it would have)

so I step up (this is after 18 overs of toil - but enjoyable...sooooo enjoyable) and bowl my low stats weirdo loopy outswinger, I bend it back off the seam, inside edge, onto pad, into leg stump.....

<
<
<
<

I jumped out of my chair!!! Fluking (cos it is tough to get wickets I'll tell ya) the scalp of Ponting with my first ball in virtual test cricket was the single most enjoyable gaming moment I can remember since stepping the fullback with right analogue stick...oh...I digress forget that....

So......

Ponting goes amidst nice verbals on screen and the most hornedous abuse off screen that you are ever likely to hear..........
<

Then Martyn goes caught at slip a few overs later.......and the opening is capitalised on again a few overs later with a second scalp!!!!!! (to loslover) and there is mucho joy......

Giles steps up and bowls Langer for 28 and there is pandemonium!!!!! drink almost goes from table....

Australia are reeling at 66/5..

YES!!!!

I've gt em!! I think and I don't care that it is unexpected because all the wickets came from such great deliveries...but is the game too easy? Is that nagging away at you? Is it? Have those pro-EA forums got ya sweating it out?

Don't worry...

I just saved the game at the end of day three after cracking through my 39 overs batting for 144 and 55 overs against Australia...

what are they now?

Ask Gilchrist and Lehmann when they come out to face me tomorrow night after work and this battle resumes again....

with Gilchrist on 66
Lehmann on 79

and Oz are

255/5

and like a real game, before saving, my heart had sunk and errors were creeping in etc......

Like I said.....

This is it.

It's not perfect.....but it is so great.....you feel like someone you know made it...

oh and they DO run on edges down to third man etc IF there is a run on (once you can field...you understand why they don't always)

Oh and when I was under the hammer at the end of day 2 before australia could take my last wicket amidst the obvious gloom...what happened?

I was offered the light..

and accepted.

<

God bless you codies...I shudder at multi-player and the potential lifespan of this game..I mean HOLY Moses. Thank you.

<

Your not the only one who likes it by the look of the UK charts....

UK software charts

Cool...especially if your a BLIC hater (and they are out there in forum land, with their arthritic reflexes and nose to notepad stoopes)
<