• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC - Full version.....

cheers los, thats was great.

good entertaining read
<

Yeah, nice read!!

Got mine yesterday morning as well, may get around to posting a review (as I did one for cricket 2005) just for comparison (need a little more time on it to get a full impression though..............)

So far I've found the test matches better than the one dayers..........

i have been playing for for 4days straight

i cant put the game down

the satisfaction this game brings is next to PES

i have moved onto TEST difficulty and finding it absolutly spot on - u cant laspe in concentration, u gotto be smart, tactical and always thinking - like real life

love the pitch ware
classic players
weather
game modes till the cows come home
photos
historic touch

BLIC - I am going to say it - THE BEST CRICKET GAME OF ALL TIME, AND THE BEST LOCAL (COMMONWEALTH) SPORTS GAME OF ALL TIME

IT SENDS RUGBY, JLR AND ALL OTHER CRICKET GAMES TO DUST

If they dont make this an annual release - We will be one sorry community

Cant wait to get home and resume my TEST tour of Sri Lanka... me australia

1st innings
Australia - 139
Sri Lanka - 89
2nd innings
Australia - 2/91 Hayden on 41*, Martyn on 6*

in command at this stage, controlled Zoysa whom ripped me of the opening pace in the 1st innings, murali was brought in earlier in the 2nd innings and claimed to quick wickets of Langer and Ponts of these bullshit crumbling wicket spinners!!

I love the lighting and weather affectS and how the picTh and play reacts with these components - VERY REALISTIC

I'm getting the test back underway after the pub quiz tonight.....

and, quite hilariously, I am genuinely excited.

I WILL have you Gilchrist....you run-a-ball ******....

You will be mine.

I actually went to bed thinking about how to get him out. As their partnership has bent me over the railing on the boundary and shafted me right royally at this stage.

<

Oh bless it....

**** australia are good.

But Pietersen, who incidentally is strong in the game (yes!!!), has a big colourful flashy bat and in that second innings you know I'hh have you this time Lee...

as for warne's super balls (googlies and flippers etc) - they are unreal and will tear you in 2

<
<
<

Yep, the test matches is where this game is at.

The one dayers are a little spoiled by the computer AI being a little underdone (eg. doesn't bother to chase runs at all well, hardly run any singles when hitting to men on the boundary).

In tests though I find myself saying "just one more over........"

ah it sounds good guys and from all reading I think tests are better than odis. I read this on the codemasters forum so i might hel you guys

To prevent AI playing that boring glance again, I set a different field and it started playing better shots in the midwicket and midon area. Put a short fine leg and leg slip and a square leg and bowl full on the leg stump line (move the marker accordingly). If you do this you wont see that frustrating flick and AI not taking single.

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 2 2005, 06:48 PM
ah it sounds good guys and from all reading I think tests are better than odis. I read this on the codemasters forum so i might hel you guys

To prevent AI playing that boring glance again, I set a different field and it started playing better shots in the midwicket and midon area. Put a short fine leg and leg slip and a square leg and bowl full on the leg stump line (move the marker accordingly). If you do this you wont see that frustrating flick and AI not taking single.
it is also built in (and it doesn't always happen...trust me) to no take those fielders on as a perfect throw is like a f***ing rocket launcher (but very hard to do often)......they are often intelligently avoiding being run out of a perfect throw.

They still often run:

threes
quick singles
take off and sprint back just in time

etc etc....

ignore those forums.

EA has plants....think about it - there is a lot of $ on the line.

<

My bro is getting good and quickly too.....I will have to train b4 our first clash (have not played each other yet...)

It is going to be 50 each way...and it is going to be awesome.

<

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 2 2005, 05:48 PM

good call esoj

I must admit i am using the AI's lacklusture runs push to win some matches

Although a few times in the ODI's they have gone nuts with a few overs remaing, smashing everything

The AI in ODI's at 1st do seem to be very conservative............but i have been smashed in the space of 3 overs and the AI has booked them a ticked to the podium........where i have to re-group change the field, and try some new deliveries

In saying all this i have had nearly twice as many catches in ODI's than tests..IMO that kinda feels about right

I still prefer the tests for the weather, pitch ware and red ball authentics....I love it how the pitch and ball and weather all have a mixed input into the gameplay.

I cant wait to get home tonite..get back to Kandy and finish off Murali and co on the 2nd day (footmarks) of a crumbling wicket (even more footmarks) with Warne v Murali - GAME ON!!!!

Originally posted by Los Lover@Aug 2 2005, 06:37 PM
it is also built in (and it doesn't always happen...trust me) to no take those fielders on as a perfect throw is like a f***ing rocket launcher (but very hard to do often)......they are often intelligently avoiding being run out of a perfect throw.
CONCURRED CONCURRED

Even my mates went blowing up at the non-running

Then in 2 player i ran them out a few times from the perfect throw

There are times when the single is 100% on - when u dive
other than that the perfetc throw can run them out and its too risky - as in 2 player prooven - see above

i could have had a run-out 2 days ago but i f***ed the throw - i knew it was going to be close, but the pressure got to me (felt like multiplayers), but it was the AI in trouble in between wickets - i saw it, thought, sweated, pounced - SWEATED TOO LONG AND SAW THE WEATHER.........well it wasnt going to rain anytime soon.....maybe by the time the ball came down........YEP....I COMPLETELY CRUMBLED....and i missed was appears now as the opportunity of a lifetime....

GOD I AM HELLBENT ON MY FIRST RUNOUT NOW

yeah I have read that there is bit of an art to fielding especially manually. the weather sounds very good and from what i have read is not in the ea game. Good to hear that the ai does start smashing it around bit more in the odis after the initial early overs.

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 2 2005, 06:53 PM
yeah I have read that there is bit of an art to fielding especially manually. the weather sounds very good and from what i have read is not in the ea game. Good to hear that the ai does start smashing it around bit more in the odis after the initial early overs.
yeah man

everytime i have played a proper TEST nation in an ODI

they play very boring in the 1st few overs

once they realise they have over 10+ per over to chase

they get ancy and start going AWOL playing the 3rd man six, and all types of cracking shots

its at this time they make or break their innings

they either crumble by mistiming this sudden slog catch-up effort, or they pull it off forcing myself to change the field

The game is too good to even count these as gripes
Future releases better come

future releases seem assured with the way sales have been going. With some minor tweaks to the gameplay and other updates the addition of online play seems unreasonable to leave out in the next version. The game is apparently really good in multiplayer

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 2 2005, 07:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Aug 2 2005, 07:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Aug 2 2005, 05:48 PM

good call esoj

I must admit i am using the AI's lacklusture runs push to win some matches

Although a few times in the ODI's they have gone nuts with a few overs remaing, smashing everything

The AI in ODI's at 1st do seem to be very conservative............but i have been smashed in the space of 3 overs and the AI has booked them a ticked to the podium........where i have to re-group change the field, and try some new deliveries

In saying all this i have had nearly twice as many catches in ODI's than tests..IMO that kinda feels about right

I still prefer the tests for the weather, pitch ware and red ball authentics....I love it how the pitch and ball and weather all have a mixed input into the gameplay.

I cant wait to get home tonite..get back to Kandy and finish off Murali and co on the 2nd day (footmarks) of a crumbling wicket (even more footmarks) with Warne v Murali - GAME ON!!!! [/b]
I underthrew a runout chance on gilchrist at 70/5 and now they are 255/5

I think that speaks for itself!!

<
<
<
<
<

Anyway....

2nd test has had rain and is heading for a draw - still 260-odd for 5 but now is 5th day!!!!...

test 2 update coming....

I am about to resume day five......but it is a draw you say!!!

This game is too fun to care!!! I will chase a result till it is impossible......who ever said that about EA....lol!!!

test level!!? Jesus AK...God bless again!! (lol)

lol dam it all this talk about how great the game is making me want to re instiall the blic demo again. I linked to this thread on the codemasters site so hopefully it serves its purpose of giving people a different view about the game and we might get some new member joinning up

Hi GUys,

Well i played actual cricket on Sat, and it got rained off. So one of the guys goes and gets his Xbox and cricket 2005.

Now i've got a PS2, however the Xbox is pretty good, anyway.......................

Holy crap - just how poor is this game?? - it's sooooooooooooo slow. I mean in BLIC you can bowl about 4 balls by the time you've bowled 1 in Cricket 2005.

It's unresponsive, it's, it's, it's, well, it's just shite.

Thank god i didn't buy that to tidy me over before BLIC came out.

Back to the awesome BLIC - Double wicket is so much fun on 2 player - try night time, humid conditions, one spin bowler, one quicky. Too much fun!!

it would seem the views on this forum are in the minority compared to the ones on planetcricket forums and even to some degree codemasters forums

f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<
<

Tried to put aussie under opressure on day 5 of the first...got bowled out for 167 and they got it with four overs left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<

1-0

2nd test

won the toss...

am batting..

<

idiot!!

anyway...it's lunch now

and I'm 55/5 (and I'm at the crease)..off 30 overs....

holy PRESSURE..

I will prevail..

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Aug 3 2005, 03:37 AM
f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<
<

Tried to put aussie under opressure on day 5 of the first...got bowled out for 167 and they got it with four overs left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<

1-0

2nd test

won the toss...

am batting..

<

idiot!!

anyway...it's lunch now

and I'm 55/5 (and I'm at the crease)..off 30 overs....

holy PRESSURE..

I will prevail..

<
well the game just gets tougher.....I was just surviving, leaving balls and blocking and pushing at balls and I went ages......

but wickets still fell, mostly to injudicious strokes (not slogs though - maybe a couple...
<
)

then comes Lehmann

the fifth bowler.....I hadn;t yet encountered him..

and he is crazy difficult to time......coming in somewhere inbetween the slower balls and the pacers....and then not....and then....oh hell he's tough!! at the mo...

anyway all out 2nd test

<

off 58 overs!!!!!!!!!

yes folks...only just over 2 an over....holy crap...this game is awesome!! lol!!

aus at end of day one?

102/3

Hayden on 65*

Okay....

enough of that -

here is some cool stuff out about the game...incidental stuff that makes it good
It is cool to know OR, if you are so inclined, you may choose not to read it as you may enjoy these things as you play....for those who want to know - read below..I will put up the spoiler alert! even though it isn't spoining anything cheat wise etc....

**************SPOILER****************(and lol!! also sorry if already known.

- there is heckling

- after being bambbozled by wrney and others they might offer an example of how the shot might be better played!!

- Umpires explain why the lbws were not out (or only occasionally why they 'thought' it wasn't out) in written dialogue after the appeal

- Once you have the hang of it, you can FLY through overs - especially dot balls at a pace that you would wish no quicker
<
...trust.

- you choose the next batsman coming in

- the career stats are astronomically long i.e. I took 2 wickets and scored 26 runs all up in the first test (yep, a fighting 21 in the 2nd inns....and 17 off 90 balls in the 2nd test lol!!!), yet I got to add a smidgen onto one aspect of about 15 aspects.....It would take forever to have excellent stats......Good.

- MacMillan has the handlebar moustache

- some bowlers have their authentic bowling styles - Chucktar, Giles, Warne off the top of my head

- A blow to the nuts is funny!

- When you cancel a run...you CANCEL a run
<
i.e. the batsman turns IMMEDIATELY at ANY point before crossing...a set-off is not an automatic out by any means.

- You can intentionally top edge a six.....(off Lee if you want...apparently...wahooo!)

- The add swing R1 and L1 buttons are great.

- Yes, Vettori has glasses.

- Yes Ponting has his bat....and choosing the bat for your created player can take an eternity!! Unless you are a gray nichols fan!! (Slogger at heart)

Forgotten too much in the haze of 4 hours of straight play! Sorry..must...go...to...bed....

Oh..and learn to say the following, as you will at least be saying it over and over in your head, if not aloud....

"Just one more over........................................Just...one...more....o-v-e---r"

<

wow Los awesome stuff. The dam aussies I have read are quite hard to get out in tests. and yea the stuff you mentioned your spoiler is awesome and I had heard about some of it but it sounds even better coming from someone like you. 4 hours straight that says its all really about how great this game is. Hope you take regular breaks Los and that you are getting plenty of sleep. This is great stuff its like the never ending review of Blics