• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC - Full version.....

Had Astle caught behind in a test match last night for a duck..............

..............wouldn't have normally been memorable except that he took 74 balls getting that score??!!
<

Thats the thing with bowling in test matches on this game. Its a sense of achievement when you get the wicket.

Best match so far has to have been the first test of my mini ashes series.

In a heavily rain affected match at Lords, Australia were left needing 220 from the last 2 sessions of play after England had smashed themselves into a lead courtesy of a 90 partnership between Pietersen and my career player off only 72 balls.

At the end of the session the game was evenly balanced with the score on 102-4, with Harmison and Flintoff taking 2 each. Martyn and Clarke were left at the crease.

England came out roaring in the final session. Hoggard instantly struck removing Martyns off stump with a fantastic inswinger. This brought Gilchrist to the crease. Having spotted Englands tactic I brought Flintoff on bowling round the wicket. 3rd delivery gets Gilchrist tied up and he plays on. 106-6 and the Aussies decide its time to dig in for the draw with the clouds looming overhead and the ball swinging all over the place. With 6 overs of the session left Giles brought a poor shot from Warne which was chipped straight to Strauss at Mid Off. With England now into the tail the game looked all but over.........and then the heavens opened at the end of the over and the game was drawn.

Update - 3rd test of ashes:

Me (ENG) - bowled out for 155

OZ - 455 for 1 off 85 overs.....

<

yeah, no that's actually the score.....

I felt my soul die in about the 70th!!!

<

ah the joys of cricket eh los. hopefully the migh declare soon or you get a breakthrough. there is good news as well my copy of blic got sent today so its on its way.

Sweet, hopefully Umosay passed on my address at the same time, I waited about a Day before telling him mine because I was busy.

ah true well he told me he was sending the addresses at the same time to make it eaiser for rubbergenuis. And he told me yesterday that rubbergenuis had received the addresses and was sendint the prizes. Now we are just waiting on the post could take anywhere between 4- 7 days

Started a world cup last night on test hardness (wanted to try the one dayers again).

First game NZL(me) vrs Holland.

Made it a 30 over a side game to try and give the comp. AI time to post a decent score...................

.....I bowled first and in the 17th over I got Holland all out for 8 runs
<

Harris got 7 wickets for 1 run
<

I won in 5 balls.........needless to say I quit the tourney and went back to playing my saved test match.

yeah that problem in the odis keeps coming up on the codemaster forum regardless of how long the game is. the ai does eventually start to smash it more after 10-20 overs but by the time that happens the game is normally over depending on how many overs the game is.

tests matches on the other hand seem to be a real challenge with the ai being able to put a big scores and bowl very well and cleverly. I really do feel sorry for those that don't try out a test match they seem to be defintely missing out on a good game.

I read somewhere on the site that NZL_Fan posted above someone has, or almost has preety much gained access to stuff like the AI files and is hoping he can fix some of those problems.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 10 2005, 01:00 PM
Started a world cup last night on test hardness (wanted to try the one dayers again).

Made it a 30 over a side game to try and give the comp. AI time to post a decent score...................

<

<

I won in 5 balls.........needless to say I quit the tourney and went back to playing my saved test match.
against the might of Holland?

well done.

<

anyway....

playing 50 overs for an odi, or at least 40...is the only way to balance the contest.....I believe odis are actuallt this long in real life anyway. The ai blocks at the beginning of odis to get its confidence up....

No, it is not ideal....but you show it up when you play 30 overs or less as you are doing.

<

meh who need the odis anyway when you can play test matches. you can play 50 overs but the one with the problems don't seems to have the patience for that let alone a test match.

test matches are where it is at with the ai being much better and doing things like using special deliveries when they theoratically don't have the confidence to in order to get you out.

I am sure someone will crack the ai files to chase better in odis then everyone will say and enjoy the beauty that is blics

Originally posted by Los Lover+Aug 10 2005, 05:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Aug 10 2005, 05:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Aug 10 2005, 01:00 PM

<

<

well done.

<

anyway....

playing 50 overs for an odi, or at least 40...is the only way to balance the contest.....I believe odis are actuallt this long in real life anyway. The ai blocks at the beginning of odis to get its confidence up....

No, it is not ideal....but you show it up when you play 30 overs or less as you are doing.

<
[/b]
Even Holland are capable of scoring more then 8 runs.................
<

Reading through the cricket forums on other websites it doesn't appear to make a difference in one dayers whether its set on 50 overs or not.

It basically blocks and then it tries to up the runrate (after 30-40 odd overs of scoring not a lot) by scoring boundaries, but usually this just means wickets fall at an alarming rate.

I just think it is poor programming - confidence quickly goes up and down like a yo yo in the game so it has nothing to do with the computer "getting its confidence up" (ie. it doesn't take 10 overs to get your confidence up in the game, more like a few balls).

Guys on planetcricket.net are pretty good at modding games (even made EA cricket 2004 play very well), so PC players should expect massive improvements in the one day play once they get the time to change things around.

yep until the guys crack th ai files i think it will be test matches the guys on planetcricket are quite good they turned cricket 2004 into something at least playable. I am sure they will be able to mod blics to make it even better and hopefully a challenge in the odis

Originally posted by NZL fan+Aug 10 2005, 08:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Aug 10 2005, 08:15 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Aug 10 2005, 05:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Aug 10 2005, 01:00 PM

<

<

well done.

<

anyway....

<
Even Holland are capable of scoring more then 8 runs.................
<

Reading through the cricket forums on other websites it doesn't appear to make a difference in one dayers whether its set on 50 overs or not.

It basically blocks and then it tries to up the runrate (after 30-40 odd overs of scoring not a lot) by scoring boundaries, but usually this just means wickets fall at an alarming rate.

I just think it is poor programming - confidence quickly goes up and down like a yo yo in the game so it has nothing to do with the computer "getting its confidence up" (ie. it doesn't take 10 overs to get your confidence up in the game, more like a few balls).

Guys on planetcricket.net are pretty good at modding games (even made EA cricket 2004 play very well), so PC players should expect massive improvements in the one day play once they get the time to change things around. [/b]
i agree to some extent

but then again i do not

Have any of you played the world xi series

I chased 50 runs in a 10 over match against Atlantic XI and was taken to the 3rd last ball

Next match - I chased 67 runs in a 10 over match against Oceanic XI..2nd last over
Next match - I chased 69 runs in a 10 over match against Asia XI down to the last over.

Next match i play the northern hemispehere in a test match - I dunno about you guys but this world XI series has got me trembling down to the last few balls...they play harder, better and is realistic in relation to the Holland scoreline...if u think Holland can score more than half a region XI would you an idiot.

also in each of these 10 over matches the most wickets i have taken is 4......so its not as if these scorelines are the max they can get as a team in a longer match.

THIS IS ALL IN TEST LEVEL....so dont come and say a run a ball against these rep teams is easy...coz its not.

ah true ak 47 but how many people would try that. they seem to what a quick 20 -30 over game with the ai being really good at county level.

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 11 2005, 01:08 PM
ah true ak 47 but how many people would try that. they seem to what a quick 20 -30 over game with the ai being really good at county level.
gotto admit i cant finish the challenge where i gotto bowl india for less than 272 in 50 overs on county

normally i can finish the indians in a test match in around 40-60 overs on TEST diff.

but in this challenge the most wickets i get is 6 in a 50 over match

something is suss with the diffulty and AI batting technique.

Or once again, no game plays the same....either or i am in a dilemma, which just creates another challenge for itself to overcome...means good game doesnt it

YEP YEP

I wanna hear the world xi series stories from everyone
i am expecting a post that someone lost to some of these rep teams.....i am expecting to lose tonite against north hemisphere.....i have labelled myself the underdog as the games leading up to this, alot of luck was on my side to scrape thru

I dont deserve to be there - IMO.........and am ready for the north to lay some smack on me

well hopefully my game arrives in the next few days so that I can tell some stories like you los and nzl fan have, I nthe meantime I will keep checking codemasters forums and planet cricket for anything interesting.
and do the souht prould and lay the smack on the north.

well ripper i suggest checking your mail because my prize arrived about 5 mins ago. What excellent service from codemasters thats was 4 doys max. once again my thanks to umosay,codemasters and rubbergenuis. Installing as I speak