• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC - Full version.....

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 14 2005, 09:34 AM
Did you have to provide the Blank CD's or did your Asian Friend throw those in for free?
no

i dont like asians anymore!

video ezy,united video and blockbuster provided my family with priceless of fun!

life is my *****!

Prepare to be warned chiro. Watch your back. I'd edit that now before you get in trouble. You know the forums rule regarding piracy.

yeah its very enjoyable game. the little things is what makes this game good even in odis there is confrontation between batsmen and bowler. the joy of taking a wicket with a good ball and the joy of hitting the ball to the boundary.

And recently for me the absoulte joy of playing as yourself in the game and taking wickets or making runs. I took an absoulte beauty of a wicket with my googly style bowling. starting the ball on leg stump line and drfited it in to middle beat the bat and hit the pad for a plumb lbw. also made a good 35 with some nice boundaries mixed with other shots. I admit this was only on county level against zimbabwe in an odi so its not exactly that great but the fact it was with myself made it special. I am defintely ready for a test match now after playing several odi games on county level.

i got the game last thursday
<
i enjoy it heaps. i have only played a few tests, doing the ashes myself
<
just finished the first test and i got done by over an innings and 200 runs damnit LOL
<
i am playing on test level as well i might add and getting scores of 200 isn't that easy
<
i think i got 190 odd and 170 odd, i am aussie as well.

Also started a world tour as new zealand. started in bangladesh, destroyed them (still on test level) first inings bond picked up 7 wickets and myself 3
<
bowled them out for like 30 or something. second innings i picked up 9!!! almost got a run out 2, player diving into his crease was JUST in damnit.

Its good, but not that realistic. i had been playinig cricket 2005 on xbox til i got this, still not sure which one i prefer. going to keep playing this for a while though just cause its a bit different.

hopefully someone at planetcricket.net can make an ai patch which will let the computer take more singles (everyone on the boundary and they take a single maybe once every 2 overs so i don't do that anymore)

playing on test level straight away was challenging as i didn't have the marker telling me where a good line and length was, but i got it at the end
<
if ya playing bangaldesh it doesnt' matter
<
just full balls swinging to straighten up lbw/bowled almost every time.

Also i am thinkin of making a story thing like on planetcricket.net
<
just to waste a bit of time
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 16 2005, 11:05 AM
<
<
just finished the first test and i got done by over an innings and 200 runs damnit LOL
<
i am playing on test level as well i might add and getting scores of 200 isn't that easy
<

Also started a world tour as new zealand. started in bangladesh, destroyed them (still on test level) first inings bond picked up 7 wickets and myself 3
<
bowled them out for like 30 or something. second innings i picked up 9!!! almost got a run out 2, player diving into his crease was JUST in damnit.

Its good, but not that realistic. i had been playinig cricket 2005 on xbox til i got this, still not sure which one i prefer. going to keep playing this for a while though just cause its a bit different.

hopefully someone at planetcricket.net can make an ai patch which will let the computer take more singles (everyone on the boundary and they take a single maybe once every 2 overs so i don't do that anymore)

playing on test level straight away was challenging as i didn't have the marker telling me where a good line and length was, but i got it at the end
<
<

<
<
please ignore the part in the aforementioned post where woosah mentions that he is not sure which of blics or cricket 2005 is best yet...

I was with woosah (who is 'special') and we were on the glue bottle together...it was actually only blics, I just put the game back on again and changes the picture setting...

damn that glues is some fine shizzle..

but blics is best.

<

Test level is ridiculously hard IMO.....county tests against aussie though are very good.

cricket 2005, after twenty minutes, had me, on the hradest level, scoring 300 in 30 overs and bowling a good team out for 15. It is a turd.

Blics is quick, has good feel and good options.

this is not even a contest.

unless you think fifa and pes are on par
g3 jockey and gallop racer 2 are on par

etc etc...

there is no accounting for taste of course....but generally-speaking, barring madness, you will prefer Blics.

Posts in this thread from chiropractor have been deleted and edited. Please check your PM box chiropractor.

Remember:Discussion regarding piracy is not tolerated here.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Aug 16 2005, 03:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Aug 16 2005, 03:11 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Aug 16 2005, 11:05 AM
<
<
<
<

<

<
<

<
<
please ignore the part in the aforementioned post where woosah mentions that he is not sure which of blics or cricket 2005 is best yet...

I was with woosah (who is 'special') and we were on the glue bottle together...it was actually only blics, I just put the game back on again and changes the picture setting...

damn that glues is some fine shizzle..

but blics is best.

<

Test level is ridiculously hard IMO.....county tests against aussie though are very good.

cricket 2005, after twenty minutes, had me, on the hradest level, scoring 300 in 30 overs and bowling a good team out for 15. It is a turd.

Blics is quick, has good feel and good options.

this is not even a contest.

unless you think fifa and pes are on par
g3 jockey and gallop racer 2 are on par

etc etc...

there is no accounting for taste of course....but generally-speaking, barring madness, you will prefer Blics. [/b]
don't just ignore what i say, thats not right. The only thing that is really bugging me about blic is the stat tracking. And thats a big thing for me. but i have this on PC and must admit on my projector it plays rather nicely
<

I don't find the tests that difficult, just working out plans to get out the batsment actually seam to work (if they do work or is just a fluke we will find out in time)

if you are a casual gamer u will prefer BLIC but if you like cricket u might want to give EA a go, just to see what you think. On hard i was getting some big scores yes, but its still worth a go, might not be everyones cup of tea some bugs are an issue but sometimes not for everyone. I didn't like the save feature on xbox damn that was annoying
<

Also i never played pes or the horse racing games, can you hire pes out? been looking for it for ages (since everyone here seams to rave on about it havn't found it anywhere to hire out on ps2 or xbox (if it is out on xbox that is))

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 17 2005, 01:34 PM
Also i never played pes or the horse racing games, can you hire pes out? been looking for it for ages (since everyone here seams to rave on about it havn't found it anywhere to hire out on ps2 or xbox (if it is out on xbox that is))
PES is the pinnacle of sports gaming, and is also a great game in general if u dislike soccer

U gotto find it woosah

and when u do, u dont rent, but buy it - trust me

or just wait till pes5 comes out in october - and buy that

I will only accept renting pes if u live in housing commission, or homeless and cant fork out for a new game!

haha i might rent out 4 and buy 5 if i like it. hell i can't buy to many games, this year i have bought guild wars, blic, hl2, icc2005 (which i am still waiting for actually) rugby 2005(xbox), need for speed underground 2(xbox) and i think that may be it. i have bought my games than clothes which is bad since i need more clothes LOL
<

still ill c what happens
<

pes 4 is one of the greatest if not the greatest sports game of all time. defintely hire 4 out from somewhere and then you will defintely be buying 5. I would have been stuffed like you woosaah if i had to pay for blic. mainly because nrl 2 would be coming out at the same time as blic would be in nz and i would of had to make a choice between the 2 games. now though since a won blic I will defintely be getting nrl 2 and pes 5 will have to wait for my b-day in december

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 17 2005, 02:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Aug 17 2005, 02:18 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Aug 17 2005, 01:34 PM
PES is the pinnacle of sports gaming, and is also a great game in general if u dislike soccer

U gotto find it woosah

I will only accept renting pes if u live in housing commission, or homeless and cant fork out for a new game! [/b]
or if you dont like it...

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 17 2005, 08:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Aug 17 2005, 08:38 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 17 2005, 02:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah

U gotto find it woosah

I will only accept renting pes if u live in housing commission, or homeless and cant fork out for a new game!
or if you dont like it... [/b]
yeah but people in the institute don't get money to spend....so it's cool.

<

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 17 2005, 07:27 PM
pes 4 is one of the greatest if not the greatest sports game of all time. defintely hire 4 out from somewhere and then you will defintely be buying 5. I would have been stuffed like you woosaah if i had to pay for blic. mainly because nrl 2 would be coming out at the same time as blic would be in nz and i would of had to make a choice between the 2 games. now though since a won blic I will defintely be getting nrl 2 and pes 5 will have to wait for my b-day in december
i will be getting nrl2 in september and probably get pes5 around the time when it comes out.

on a BLC note i have stopped playing ODIs as they are 2 easy on test. bowled aussie out for 49 as new zealand in the world cup got it in 6 overs stupid. my career player did well in the bowling (golden duck in the batting)

Test bowling can be a little bit predictable as well i think i am playing it to much...

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 17 2005, 07:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Aug 17 2005, 07:38 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 17 2005, 02:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah

U gotto find it woosah

or if you dont like it... [/b]
which would suggest INSANITY and require social assistance and benefits anyhow

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 18 2005, 11:36 AM
i will be getting nrl2 in september and probably get pes5 around the time when it comes out.

on a BLC note i have stopped playing ODIs as they are 2 easy on test. bowled aussie out for 49 as new zealand in the world cup got it in 6 overs stupid. my career player did well in the bowling (golden duck in the batting)

Test bowling can be a little bit predictable as well i think i am playing it to much...
hmm maybe you are playing it bit too much. comment about the odis is very valid due to the issue with the ai even on test level many people have found it easy. bowling can be easy once you find the right spot to bowl in.

yeah thats right, when you bowl you always go for a good line and length, cause thats what you are meant to do, they either block it or hit it to whoever is on the boundary, well most of the time, and they hardly ever run eh

Just a heads-up that the unlicensed faces prob has been cracked so it's just the bats now that are wrong in unlicensed mode.
Still no luck on the configs (which might well be encrypted in the exe).

Originally posted by kingwilko@Aug 24 2005, 01:38 AM
Just a heads-up that the unlicensed faces prob has been cracked so it's just the bats now that are wrong in unlicensed mode.
Still no luck on the configs (which might well be encrypted in the exe).
cool thanks, burn it all onto a reconfigured ps2 disk version and send it to me and all console owners.

awesome dude, cheers.

<