• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BLIC - Full version.....

ahh yeah right los
<

yeah i have made 1/2 a program to do all the editing
<
but i am sure the guys at planet cricket will get it done b4 me
<

It was on offer for £20 so I bought it yesterday. Not played it much but I like it a lot. Done the first 2 classic matches anyway.

well, it is official........I just drew my first test on oz against oz with the black caps.

Holy hell......all five days....no overs lost.

I (created player) scored 226 in the first innings and amassed 680!!! wahooooo!!!

I then bowled them out for about 380.....all good. I'll bat again I say....so I bat fast and crazy to post them a total that is testing and try and leave myself enough time to bowl them out.....

Surely this couldn't go wrong?
<

I cracked 320 all out off about 20 overs!! It was fun, but I have left them 2 and a bit days!!!! For 620 to get though.....

<

Hang on!!

And sure enough, the game went from easy, to nerbey, to surreal....maybe not in that order (lol!!)......as I have to hold on at the end to draw the game with Australia on 610/5.....

<

Christ.......I almost went 1 down in the series (it is a best of three too)....

My created player's batting stats rose well too after wards with the double hundred and about 40 in the second.....(run out!!!!!).....stats about 2/3 of the way up on batting side. Wahoooooooooooooooo!!!! Took 7 aussie scalps in the match too!!! Yehaaaaa!!

I try not to pick holes in the game (there are some) and play it less frequently now.

Gallop racer 2 shares the ps2 with it........and league approaches...

Mario has confirmed that it will come out before September 2067.....guaranteed.

orsome...
<

I gave it a break for a week.....(i overwrited my profile and lost everything) so it needed a break as i have repeated everything again and it done my head in

Got back into the swing of things and cant wait for tonite

Trying to get 200 runs in test mode is proving a great challenge

and boys you gotto make sure u dont delete/overwrite ur profile.....doing all the scenarios, getting ur created-player stats back and doing world tour again was the most painstakingly chore i have ever had to do in a game

i was shattered mentally when my player was back to Mcgraths batting skills, and gillies bowling skills

its not hard to overwrite either.......all i did was play PES4, and forgot to put the BLIC memory card back in, before i loaded up BLIC

Coz if u load up a saved game, without loading the profile - u are essentially using a new profile, and when u finish that saved game, it comes up as "you have unlocked 5 players", in which u go YEAH BABY, and quickly save profile and overwrite......you can figure out the rest..........those 5 players i unlocked i already had, and it was under the new profile, that was created by not having the memory card in for auto-loading when BLIC boots.

Took 2 weeks to get back to square one and polluted my BLIC passion - UNTIL LAST NIGHT, WHEN MY QUEST OVER THE WORLD XI CONTINUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOHHH YEAH BABY - I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't played in awhile been busy with some other things but should be getting back into it. aye created player batting with no skills not good at all. there are some bugs in the game but its not too bad and is still a dame good game. Los you can never count aus out eh just look at the last ashes test they were gone for all money defending 129 but almost won it!

Ps nice pimping ak of this thread on the sidhe forum

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 30 2005, 05:23 PM
Ps nice pimping ak of this thread on the sidhe forum
thats right ESOJ

This thread is a good one as there arent any fanboys of codies or EA - we are independent cricket critics, as we are actually Rugby men

So ****** off from last night

Its a great match - i posted 250 runs against World XI on TEST...with Lehmen getting out for 99 - this really was a concern as i actually felt as tho i was at the crease - schoolboy error playing across the line and good doen with leading edge

Rain came in and killed 120 overs

Rolled them for 115

come day 3 - i just get out there and smash shots - just to get a quick 100 or so,
in the end posted 180 off 23 overs and declzred to get them back into bat before more rain

they are now 3-92 at the start of day 4...........

I have for the taking, but the clouds are always looming!

Man this game is fun!!

looks interesting might have to have play with this editor. I will proabbly rename th nx team with forum members names and mabye even rename to the trf awes dudes team or something

I like this game.

There's room for improvement with AI - like in ODI's, the computer needs to take singles, some risky, if they want to chase down 300+, which I set in a World Cup game last night against India.

The Indians are 54-1 after 25 overs and I wont lose the match. Had they gone after me it might have been close.

As well as this, the tail collapses too easily. When you get down to 5, it's quite easy to rip through the tail, people like Warne and Lee can bat a bit, if it was the Canadian tail I can understand but I once got Australia all out for 320 after they had been 310-4.

Ran out the ai.....

Yep...

Immortality beckons.

<

Was I the first on earth?

<

Seriously.

i did it the other day, took me a while but that was my whole goal they kept hitting it to a fielder running then turning back and my timing was all out all the time, but finally after about 20 goes my timing was perfect

gone gotem 3rd umpire on the line, OUT!!!!!

Originally posted by woosaah@Sep 19 2005, 12:00 PM
i did it the other day, took me a while but that was my whole goal they kept hitting it to a fielder running then turning back and my timing was all out all the time, but finally after about 20 goes my timing was perfect

gone gotem 3rd umpire on the line, OUT!!!!!
<

Oh......

well well done as well then!!

<

<

crumbs....

Mine was out of the blue.....pick up on the onside about half way between pitch and boundary and bullet throw...I was shocked to find they had turned back on a second that was half on, half not.....but I nailed dead centre and he was Gooooooooooooone....no third umpire.

we be kicking it.......AK!!!

You run out someone...be honest!!
<

also I see my store has delayed league now.....f**k Mario sucks pidegeon's doodle for lying to us......no surprises though...

More pimping of my downloads!

I've made a Classic team patch so people can play as 1882 England or take on the Invincibles with the West Indies 88 team.
It's dead easy to install and uninstall. I had a great time bowling bodyline at the Invincibles with Marshall, Lillee and Spofforth!!!

Download Link

nah guys

I havent got a run out yet

I also havent played it since the ashes finished

I got Madden 06 and Alpine Skiing 2005 ($30 bargain game), and have been draft picking and slaying the alps since

but dont worry - its not as if i can get sick of BLIC..........just await till summer hots up with the season, and hype and i'll be padding up again

Although its heated season of gaming

RL2
RC2006
PES5
Dettori racing
Top Spin tennis

every year just gets better
<

Originally posted by ak47@Sep 22 2005, 02:16 PM
nah guys

I havent got a run out yet

I also havent played it since the ashes finished

I got Madden 06 and Alpine Skiing 2005 ($30 bargain game), and have been draft picking and slaying the alps since

but dont worry - its not as if i can get sick of BLIC..........just await till summer hots up with the season, and hype and i'll be padding up again

Although its heated season of gaming

RL2
RC2006
PES5
Dettori racing
Top Spin tennis

every year just gets better
<
No run out?

crumbs.....I guess I have had but the lone one...

What a crazy game though in temrs of rarity of an occurrence....I have had I dunno HOW many games...and I have had

- ONE run out

and

- ONE bowler cheat and use the special ball, when not armed, in a moment of desperation during about a 300 run stand (Brett Lee during ashes series)

now that is quite cool..and quite naff - depending on how you look at it...cretainly the run out was a very emotionally heightened monent due to its rarity though - that be for sure.

My created player has all his batting stats full - every line.....yet he is not full overall!!!? Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh......
<
....will it keep going up? who knows...admittedly it is very high anyway (noticeably higher than astle's and now the highest in the team)....wahooooooooo!!!

Bowling over ahlf way too!! and have taken a few catches.....but as anyone with the game will know....you would be institutionalosed if you did mange to full the fielder's stats up......I mean crumbs........adjust the catching one most...so can get caught and bowleds and not drop them....a candb is like two wickets in terms of stats.

one more time for the hell of it:

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Come on wellington you can take the shield, I don't care that that will mean auckland will miss challenge...those sheep rooting, inbread, wifebeating f***wits must be finally brought down, especially after they were revealed last week NOT as tough and gutsy....but as having an opposition that choked and were a bunch of fumblong, bumbling idiots. Come on wellington show up canterbury for the form they are TRULY in......you know it boyz...one way or another...that shiled is outty my friends......this week or the auckland game.....lose it this week and save yourselves twice the humiliation of losing it to your superi...ahem...whoops...I mean your more northern cousins.

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 23 2005, 04:53 PM
you would be institutionalosed if you did mange to full the fielder's stats up......I mean crumbs........adjust the catching one most...so can get caught and bowleds and not drop them....a candb is like two wickets in terms of stats.
I am having too much fun bowling, but to get ur fielding stats up, make yourself the keeper and play for knicks

As rare as the run-outs are - deadset these are like picking superfectas (1st 6 horses in a race) - however i reckon they will come a little more often when your fielders arm strength is topped up

I have had that many go upstairs, to be over turned from a blade of grass creeping over the chalk - once my arms strength is about 50% better then now......i reckon the stairs will colapse, and bowdens finger will point where they used to be...................thats my belief
<

Anyways after a good few months of owning BLIC, only PES stands in the way as my greatest sports game........full credit to Swordfish and codies....not enuff credit can go their way, its cricket, its got a limited budget, yet it matches the beasts on the shelves....especially if u love cricket, and u know i do

Sports games I own, Madden06, PES4, TW05, NFL2K5,Rugby 2K5, Gallop Racer, Alpine Skiing, All fishing games on ps2 (Yep my fave pastime)

my view of 'greatest' is:
Fun factor
Simulated factor
Intensity
My liking of the sport in question

PES pips BLIC (IMO) due to the simulated factor it brings to the TV........if BLIC's AI was even 20% better, it may have won the race.

P.S - This is my opinion of MY games that I own.........so dont question it....just soak it in
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 23 2005, 04:53 PM
My created player has all his batting stats full - every line.....yet he is not full overall!!!? Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh......
<
....will it keep going up? who knows...admittedly it is very high anyway (noticeably higher than astle's and now the highest in the team)....wahooooooooo!!!

Bowling over ahlf way too!! and have taken a few catches.....but as anyone with the game will know....you would be institutionalosed if you did mange to full the fielder's stats up......I mean crumbs........adjust the catching one most...so can get caught and bowleds and not drop them....a candb is like two wickets in terms of stats.

Come on wellington you can take the shield, I don't care that that will mean auckland will miss challenge...those sheep rooting, inbread, wifebeating f***wits must be finally brought down, especially after they were revealed last week NOT as tough and gutsy....but as having an opposition that choked and were a bunch of fumblong, bumbling idiots. Come on wellington show up canterbury for the form they are TRULY in......you know it boyz...one way or another...that shiled is outty my friends......this week or the auckland game.....lose it this week and save yourselves twice the humiliation of losing it to your superi...ahem...whoops...I mean your more northern cousins.

<
If you created an allrounder they can only be 80% anyway, thats what i heard so if you want a batter or a bowler at 100% you have to not make an allrounder. and i have tried it out and it seams to be working alot better.

also wellington choked
<

i am looking forward to the auckland game as i will be going home to canterbury to watch it
<

GO THE RED AND BLACK!!!

but Canterbury were lucky
<

Originally posted by woosaah+Sep 24 2005, 12:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Sep 24 2005, 12:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Sep 23 2005, 04:53 PM
<

<
If you created an allrounder they can only be 80% anyway, thats what i heard so if you want a batter or a bowler at 100% you have to not make an allrounder. and i have tried it out and it seams to be working alot better.

also wellington choked
<

i am looking forward to the auckland game as i will be going home to canterbury to watch it
<

GO THE RED AND BLACK!!!

<
[/b]
whoops! Didn't know you were red and black country woosah! Plese ignore my rude and childish comments above re: sheep shagging etc.....the wife beating however.....nah, nah just jokes
<
- sorry.

Um....I think you nailed it with the all rounder call....all th stats bars are full but batting does look to have pulled up at about 80%, so thanks for cluing me in on that.

Yeah wellington choked....although actually, and I observe this from a neutral point of view, wellington were single-handedly and individually robbed by neanderthal man having a brain explosion (I mean jesus Herring...If I was the coach I'd drop him for the season).

Auckland are playing the right style of play for a half decent and courageous stab at the wood....Let's bring it home baby!!

Originally posted by Los Lover+Sep 25 2005, 05:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Sep 25 2005, 05:10 PM)</div>
Originally posted by woosaah@Sep 24 2005, 12:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Sep 23 2005, 04:53 PM
<

<

also wellington choked
<

<

GO THE RED AND BLACK!!!

<
whoops! Didn't know you were red and black country woosah! Plese ignore my rude and childish comments above re: sheep shagging etc.....the wife beating however.....nah, nah just jokes
<
- sorry.

Um....I think you nailed it with the all rounder call....all th stats bars are full but batting does look to have pulled up at about 80%, so thanks for cluing me in on that.

Yeah wellington choked....although actually, and I observe this from a neutral point of view, wellington were single-handedly and individually robbed by neanderthal man having a brain explosion (I mean jesus Herring...If I was the coach I'd drop him for the season).

Auckland are playing the right style of play for a half decent and courageous stab at the wood....Let's bring it home baby!! [/b]
yeah i did ignore your comments about the sheep and everything
<

don't worry i am as one eyed about canterbury as you are about auckland so its all good
<
I am just a cantabrian living in wellington, man i am loving work today
<

i decided to make a batter who bowls a bit aparently the bowling will only max about about 60% while the batting can max out so thats good enough