• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Celtic League Thread 05/06

Leinster beat Ulster today 24-19 in Ravenhill although I didn't see it because Setanta bizzarely didn't show it after advertising it. BOD made his comeback as well.

Good result for Edinburgh. We just need to keep up winning at home, it's really now fortress murayfield. We've only lost twice there in 2005.

Originally posted by el_tk@Dec 26 2005, 11:18 PM
Leinster beat Ulster today 24-19 in Ravenhill although I didn't see it because Setanta bizzarely didn't show it after advertising it. BOD made his comeback as well.
Crazy stuff from Setanta, surely to Christ Ulster Leinster is bigger than Munster Connacht yet they'll show that match today. **** sake they were showing a rerun of the quarter final from Italia 90 when they could actually have shown a pretty decent game of rugby.

Great win for the Blues today! stuffed the Dragons

Blues are turning into a good side! celtic league record attendance broken

and Lomu scored his first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Dec 27 2005, 02:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 27 2005, 02:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-el_tk
@Dec 26 2005, 11:18 PM
Crazy stuff from Setanta, surely to Christ Ulster Leinster is bigger than Munster Connacht yet they'll show that match today. **** sake they were showing a rerun of the quarter final from Italia 90 when they could actually have shown a pretty decent game of rugby. [/b]
It's all about the rights/demand and all that. There may be more people wanting to see Munster play than Ulster or it could be as simple as some stupid clause in the contract. Setanta are pretty poor anyway, I never watch games on it.

Originally posted by Flamingo@Dec 28 2005, 08:51 AM
Great win for the Blues today! stuffed the Dragons

Blues are turning into a good side! celtic league record attendance broken

and Lomu scored his first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<
Yeah, it was a good win for the Blues. WTF has happened to the Dragons, they played awful.

I can't believe that they gave Jonah man of the match, OK he had a good game but it should of gone to either Rush or Powell.

I hope that Powell gets called up for the Welsh team. He the perfect substitute for Ryan Jones, he big strong fast & more importantly a ball carrier.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Dec 27 2005, 10:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Dec 27 2005, 10:03 PM)</div>
Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 27 2005, 02:30 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-el_tk
@Dec 26 2005, 11:18 PM

Crazy stuff from Setanta, surely to Christ Ulster Leinster is bigger than Munster Connacht yet they'll show that match today. **** sake they were showing a rerun of the quarter final from Italia 90 when they could actually have shown a pretty decent game of rugby.
It's all about the rights/demand and all that. There may be more people wanting to see Munster play than Ulster or it could be as simple as some stupid clause in the contract. Setanta are pretty poor anyway, I never watch games on it. [/b]
Well they have the rights so they should have shown the game. It's pretty much a given that there would be more interest in Ireland in the Ulster Leinster game than the Munster Connacht match.

Decent enough win for Munster tonight, actually able to get the bonus point this time, unlike the 2 HEC games with the Dragons.

Saturday should be a pretty decent game at the RDS with both sides resting players ahead of the game, obvious where the focus lies, decent match in the buildup to the final 2 pool games for the HEC.

Yeah I agree it should have been, what was on paper, a more interesting match. The point I was making was that it might be a clause, the can't always show Leinster/Ulster games or something stupid like that. Or it could be something as silly as Munster are top of the league and so generate most interest (so income). Brains aren't Setanta's strong point really.

Good result for Munster, bad for Edinburgh. Still, that game in a few weeks is looking tasty!

Yeah there could be that alright.

You'll certainly be hoping for a Leinster win on Saturday to improve your chances. Think it'll be a close one alright, certainly hope it's not as bad as our last game against Munster.

Scarlets v Ospreys is off, something to do with the pitch. Seems like the Scarlets wanted to play the match but the Ospreys don't seem to have been up for it. Ref has decided that there's patches of the pitch unplayable.

Interesting though that Shane Williams would have played at scrum half.

shane williams, is a good scrum half IMO, but also IMO he is better on the wing.

Aye I'll be supporting Leinster this weekend but it's all fine and well Munster loosing but we need to keep up winning with bonus points.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 28 2005, 02:50 PM
shane williams, is a good scrum half IMO, but also IMO he is better on the wing.
Has he played much there in the past?

yeah he was always originally a scrum half. they only threw him on the wing pre RWC 2003. Am i right about this?

i believe so, the mans only 5 foot 8 inches, not to tall for a winger, thats about the average scrum half height..

yeah shane williams was a scrum half pre 2003, but was nothing specail there, he rarely found the space to cause danger, and shane is at his best where this space to attack.

anyways back to the celtic league - at the new year stage my thoughts and feelings are - cardiff blues and the scarlets are well and truly back, and the foremost - the blues will be there or there abouts at the end of the season

my top 5 prediction is

cardiff blues 70
munster 69
gunners 68
scarlets 67
ulster 64

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 30 2005, 05:48 PM
yeah shane williams was a scrum half pre 2003, but was nothing specail there, he rarely found the space to cause danger, and shane is at his best where this space to attack.

anyways back to the celtic league - at the new year stage my thoughts and feelings are - cardiff blues and the scarlets are well and truly back, and the foremost - the blues will be there or there abouts at the end of the season

my top 5 prediction is

cardiff blues 70
munster 69
gunners 68
scarlets 67
ulster 64
Are you taking the ****?

no - the cardiff blues are more than a match for anyone at the moment

munster are the mirror of the national side, one dimensional, and teams are starting to clokc onto them - hence the reason they aint as dominant as they once were.

They'll still top the table and most likely win the Celtic Cup as well.

You do seem to have forgotten about Leinster as well.

Latest posts